Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2019, 09:07 AM
Planar Protector

Default Have you ever 'dapped hammers' with a friend trying to port to Overthere?

So there I was trying to proc my hammer with my monkish companion, the so called 'Luucky'.

We swung away at each other until there was a loud TWANG! - with an almighty clash our hammers had collided in mid air and we both exploded away to the dockyards of The Overthere in a haze of teleporting smoke.

Anyone else had this rare 'double hammer proc' experience?
Old 09-25-2019, 09:18 AM
Planar Protector

Cecily squinted her eyes suspiciously. "Witchcraft. Someone inform the magistrate. I'll gather the torches."
Old 09-25-2019, 09:33 AM
Planar Protector

I usually proc on the first hit =p
Particularly if it's been awhile
Old 09-25-2019, 10:16 AM
Planar Protector

Cecily hurried to her family's estate where in the basement was a stockpile of torches and bundles of wood, specifically for emergencies such as these. A chill ran down her spine as a twig snapped behind her. She turned with her hand on her knife and a false smile on her face. That smile faded when she saw a man holding a large hammer following after her. He began speaking in strange tongues.

"I usually proc on the first hit," he said sticking his tongue out. "Particularly if it's been awhile."

Cecily was confused. A question instantly formed in her mind and faded just as quickly. She didn't care. She just wanted to get away from this strange man without being hurt. Backing off slowly and smiling again she replied, "That's really interesting. I would love to hear more, but I'm urgently needed back home, you see."

The man avoided eye contact and prattled on about things he was interested in, all the while advancing towards her. She waited for him to look at the floor again, snapped up a rock and hurled it at his head, striking his temple and knocking him unconscious. She wasn't sure of what had just happened, but there was no denying it now. The devil was afoot in Salem.
Last edited by Cecily; 09-25-2019 at 10:34 AM..
Old 09-25-2019, 06:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"bundles of wood"
Last edited by jacobar; 09-25-2019 at 06:23 PM..
Old 09-25-2019, 06:22 PM
VIP / Contributor

The actual zoning process doesn't happen until the client confirms it actually wants to leave in some circumstances (procs being one of them), so yes, this is possible and something that happened in classic.

The destination is still up to the server in modern EQ (and EQEmulator) so there's no way this can be exploited... short of refusing to zone, but even then it'll close the network connection if certain messages are sent while dead.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 09-25-2019, 06:52 PM
Sarnak

I never appreciated the use of the OT hammer in live. It was kinda of like, who wants to be ported to OT whenever they use a weapon? Live had already compensated with teleporting people at boat docks, and later it was moot because of PoP books all over. Seeing how P99 uses it, I think that it was really the original intention.
As for a double proc, nope never seen one. Wish it was captured on video for giggles.
Old 09-25-2019, 07:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The actual zoning process doesn't happen until the client confirms it actually wants to leave in some circumstances (procs being one of them), so yes, this is possible and something that happened in classic.

The destination is still up to the server in modern EQ (and EQEmulator) so there's no way this can be exploited... short of refusing to zone, but even then it'll close the network connection if certain messages are sent while dead.
The destination for this should be a GM room where you are awarded prizes and a little party is thrown with fireworks. Then you load back to the OT after 30 seconds [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-25-2019, 07:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacman08 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As for a double proc, nope never seen one. Wish it was captured on video for giggles.
Berserker friend and I have done it exactly once on Live, and on the first hit of the duel

It was great.
Closed Thread