Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2019, 12:36 PM
Kobold

Default No Help Wanted, Option Toggle ON/OFF

Idea popped into my mind a day ago,

Could be implemented on Blue for sure not sure about green but it could also help for loner players or players who start weeks or months in after Green launches.

Basically would work like anonymous command, where you would turn it on if you do or do not want peoples assistance, that way high level players can know if you want help or not.

I'm always trying to help peeps but being that a lot of returning players are vets of EQ and most only need to relearn what they already know, I'm assuming some of them do not want help and would like to pull themselves up by their own means. I am a player who doesn't mind help but I know if i could turn on an option like this I would. Not sure how this could be implemented, it is for sure not a classic option, but It may be an option that returning players would like to turn on and not be bothered with gifts or buffs.

Anyways thanks to all the staff for all you do to keep the spirit of EverQuest alive.

Old 09-30-2019, 12:39 PM
Planar Protector

I've always wanted to see two upgrades to /role and /anon:
  1. a way to go anon, but still display your guild tag (eg. /anonguild or something), so that /roleplay could actually mean "I'm roleplaying"
  2. a /dnd (/donotdisturb), so that Dial a porters who are "off the clock" can use it, ALS people who don't want buffs can use it, etc.

Highly doubt we'll ever get either, but Blue will have custom content, and new chat commands are probably easy to add, so I wouldn't rule it out for sure either.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-30-2019, 12:42 PM
Planar Protector

You could turn in your tome of order and discord, but that might be a case of throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Danth
Old 09-30-2019, 01:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You could turn in your tome of order and discord, but that might be a case of throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Danth
That precludes any level appropriate help too so yeah probably not what he's looking for.
Old 09-30-2019, 01:04 PM
Kobold

+1 for throwing babies feature
Old 09-30-2019, 01:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've always wanted to see two upgrades to /role and /anon:
  1. a way to go anon, but still display your guild tag (eg. /anonguild or something), so that /roleplay could actually mean "I'm roleplaying"
  2. a /dnd (/donotdisturb), so that Dial a porters who are "off the clock" can use it, ALS people who don't want buffs can use it, etc.

Highly doubt we'll ever get either, but Blue will have custom content, and new chat commands are probably easy to add, so I wouldn't rule it out for sure either.

Buffing ALS players. LOL, they made their choice. . .
Old 09-30-2019, 01:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Buffing ALS players. LOL, they made their choice. . .
They did, but if they had some kind of flag that warned me "if you buff this person they're just going to click it off and you'll have wasted your mana", it'd be handy to know [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But again, I think /dnd could cover a variety of situations, not just "please don't buff me" (it could cover any sort of "please don't bother me" case).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-30-2019, 06:27 PM
Fire Giant

while we're at it,
i hate being [ANONYMOUS] in the /who list, cause i just love stats and numbers and i want to see everyone's class, race and level including mine... however sometimes i was in the mood for some roleplay and just being in my bubble and did /roleplay to have the purple tag but... always end up removing it like 5 mins later cause i definitely hate not being able to be looked for with /who or not even seeing my own info when i type /who.

so something like a non-anonymous roleplay tag would be nice. /roleplayanon off /roleplayanon on, or something. puts your name in purp, the end.
Old 10-01-2019, 10:28 PM
Planar Protector

Still waiting 8 years later for the pink /role names to show for other players on red.
Closed Thread