Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 10-05-2019, 07:10 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyronius of Midnight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's just a setting on the npc database table for any given npc. They would need to be dialed down. Not sure if p99 is different, but most eqemu table structures have it this way.

I'm more surprised that p99, given how long it's been running, still has problems with this.
It wasn't discovered before the recent change where push was rendered useless, and bash very close to useless in terms of interrupting npc spells.
Old 10-05-2019, 08:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So can a gm confirm whether this work as intended? It's pretty much useless atm, is it intended?
ianagm, but assuming takp numbers are correct, yes, it is effectively useless and that is classic/intended
Old 10-05-2019, 01:39 PM
Planar Protector

A couple of trips to Permafrost yielded no success against the spellcaster ice giants there (which are relatively low level, only 50ish). Best I got was a couple "regains its concentration and continues casting" messages and I'm not even sure those were due to bashes. As noted preiviously, bash SHOULD interrupt things, even if not totally reliable. "It didn't work all that well" is not the same thing as, "It doesn't work at all." I'll continue testing as circumstance permits.

Danth
Old 10-05-2019, 02:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostepop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It wasn't discovered before the recent change where push was rendered useless, and bash very close to useless in terms of interrupting npc spells.
This has been a known problem for years, I remember testing on Velious beta if dragons could be sieved, and they couldn't.

It was just never a big enough problem to care until now.
Old 10-08-2019, 12:49 AM
Fire Giant

Any update on this stuff? When I leveled my Warrior his 55+ "Stun Kick" always worked fantastically well to interrupt caster mobs in places like Sebilis.

Is the situation with Bash a different thing altogether? Are we talking about only "raid level" mobs?

REALLY hope to see this get sorted out before the G99 launch. The ability to sword+board Bash is a real strength of the Knight classes in regards to group content! (ESPECIALLY on a fresh server of ungeared players)