Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2019, 04:44 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98bcobra [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know why or understand people dont do it like scout and just roll when she pops..
Currently there is no stay and help rule. The delay from roll to turn in is there to give time to assemble the required force.
Old 10-06-2019, 07:26 AM
Aviak

I've been monitoring the rolls the last few spawns and it seems the current roll time is 30 minutes before Gloradin spawns. This appears to be plenty to assemble a force. Making a wiki page for the player agreement, will link it here shortly.
Old 10-06-2019, 07:29 AM
Aviak

https://wiki.project1999.com/Ring_8_player_agreement
Old 10-06-2019, 12:54 PM
Kobold

Haven't done ring 8 on P99, but I see again, talk of assembling "a force". On live a druid could solo it : harmony the mob nearby, root rot.

Optional: pre-camp your invis level 1 inside the fort at the spawn point, log in and loot.
Old 10-06-2019, 01:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polixa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haven't done ring 8 on P99, but I see again, talk of assembling "a force". On live a druid could solo it : harmony the mob nearby, root rot.

Optional: pre-camp your invis level 1 inside the fort at the spawn point, log in and loot.
on p99, Garadain will charge the orcs and giants about five minutes after initial turnin, preventing you from turning in the chief's head. which I feel but have no proof can't be classic, as it makes no sense even by the relatively low standards of sense-making in classic everquest.
Old 10-06-2019, 01:26 PM
Planar Protector

I don't like calling this (or similar situations) a player agreement since it binds players who did not agree to it, under a threat of of GM sanction. It may have started out as a player agreement but once it's forcibly applied to folks who weren't present for its creation and who never agreed to it then it's a straight-up server rule. This is not to say I have a problem with the rule, only with the terminology being used.

Danth
Old 10-06-2019, 01:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't like calling this (or similar situations) a player agreement since it binds players who did not agree to it, under a threat of of GM sanction. It may have started out as a player agreement but once it's forcibly applied to folks who weren't present for its creation and who never agreed to it then it's a straight-up server rule. This is not to say I have a problem with the rule, only with the terminology being used.

Danth
this is exactly what this is and how it works and there is zero problem with that, welcome to living in a society my man.
Old 10-06-2019, 03:19 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
on p99, Garadain will charge the orcs and giants about five minutes after initial turnin, preventing you from turning in the chief's head. which I feel but have no proof can't be classic, as it makes no sense even by the relatively low standards of sense-making in classic everquest.
Well, in this case the event is not scripted properly on P99. Garadain is supposed to go through a series of shouts to the zone taking at least 15 minutes, possibly 20 or more, concluding with him calling a charge, and even then he hangs back.

I could kill the rygorr, loot with alt, run up invis to Garadain and still have to wait another 10 minutes for the event to unfold.
Old 10-06-2019, 05:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polixa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, in this case the event is not scripted properly on P99. Garadain is supposed to go through a series of shouts to the zone taking at least 15 minutes, possibly 20 or more, concluding with him calling a charge, and even then he hangs back.

I could kill the rygorr, loot with alt, run up invis to Garadain and still have to wait another 10 minutes for the event to unfold.
turns out it's not classic gurl
Old 10-06-2019, 06:15 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Danth
The whole point of this thread was to reach a common understanding of what the currently existing player agreement on ring 8 is, since there seemed to be several versions being practised, and no clear writeup anywhere. If you have input on how it should be, please use this thread.

The alternative to a player agreement is no agreement, in this case a clickfest where you need to have a force ready. I can't imagine many people wanting that.
Closed Thread