Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2019, 12:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know, I never petitioned or anything because I didn't want to deal with it. I can only go by the server rules, that state than you can only camp the room you're in and mobs that visibly spawn within it.

If the staff treats MR differently then it seems to contradict their rules, which is yet another problem.

This is easily solved by defining camps. I defined MR and every other camp in Unrest. It took me a few seconds to type it up. I'm not sure why we can't just do this for every camp in the game.
Yeah I've seen them apply that rule flexibly in the past. I.e. you technically can't see the mob, but it's like 2 feet around the corner of your room (for example, the corner spawns by the front door of the estate in this case), I've generally seen that applied as part of your camp in the past. Obviously, I think it does depend on how many people are on the first floor trying to kill things. If like 2 other groups came in and wanted to camp the first floor, rulings might be different in terms of how they split things up. But one soloer? I think the Necro in this case would be pretty hard pressed to claim that he can monopolize all of those spawns or that none of them are possibly part of your camp.
Old 11-05-2019, 12:56 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If like 2 other groups came in and wanted to camp the first floor, rulings might be different in terms of how they split things up.
I guess this is a problem I have. Do we always have to keep splitting up camps until there are 10 full groups all camping 1 mob each? After a certain point I think we should be allowed to say this area is at capacity, if you want to group go somewhere else or join the list for one of these groups that are already here.

Not only is that more fair, it's more authentic to classic EQ. People generally respected camps and your options were always a) join the list for the group, or b) go elsewhere.

I wish P99 would reflect this culture, instead of constantly splitting up spawns so that soloers can get the full benefit of a dungeon exp bonus with none of the danger, and the full group is left with the risk and the scraps.

Quote:
But one soloer? I think the Necro in this case would be pretty hard pressed to claim that he can monopolize all of those spawns or that none of them are possibly part of your camp.
Unless I'm misunderstanding the rules I don't think he'd be hard pressed to make that claim, since he's following the rules. Whenever he kills a mob he just moves to the room that's going to spawn next and claims that. Once that mob has spawned, he moves to another room and claims that. It's a cheesy loophole in the camp rules that people have been abusing for years. Not to mention that most of these people would never be able to break or hold that particular camp unless the group that was there hadn't just broken it in the first place.

"Oh you stepped out of your room for 10 seconds to rez your friend? That sucks that you abandoned your camp man, mine now."
Last edited by Khorza; 11-05-2019 at 01:00 PM..
Old 11-05-2019, 02:17 PM
Planar Protector

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coridan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't understand all these people having trouble finding groups on green. I've been hunting in EC/WC/Nro/Befallen all week and the longest wait I've had for a group was 30 minutes in Befallen one time. I probably could have gone to one of the others and gotten a group quicker but I love switching around where I am hunting. Even day 1 in Nektulos I was in a full group at level 1 and we were slaughtering.
As a below level 10 basically naked melee I'm having trouble finding groups, and I think it's because I'm roughly as powerful as a mage/necro pet except with fewer hp and greater agro generation. Attackinig anything immediately pulls agro from all the pets in group, and then my hp drop low af lol. Basically have to stand around doing nothing for the majority of fights just to stay alive, so it's understandable that groups don't want me.

where the SKs at????
Old 11-05-2019, 02:19 PM
Kobold

Ahhh that's sad ��
Old 11-05-2019, 04:41 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People continuously error by taking the population of what they are used to on Blue and attributing it to Teal and Green.

Blue has an additional TWO HUGE continents so there is plenty of room and content for everyone. Classic has three continents, but really only two because there is nothing on Odus.

2.2k for the classic era is way too much. It is not too much for Kunark and with Velious, but too much for classic. There isn't enough room for over 1k. And it would have only gotten worse the higher in level the mass population achieved.
Watch your tongue you rock eating mongoloid.
Old 11-05-2019, 04:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Israel Adesanya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lmao
Old 11-05-2019, 05:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Israel Adesanya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not my fault that the first thing players do when they create an Erudite is leave Odus..
Old 11-05-2019, 05:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not my fault that the first thing players do when they create an Erudite is leave Odus..
That's usually called Stage IV.
Old 11-06-2019, 04:52 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

where the SKs at????
I'm an SK, I was in Befallen all day yesterday and went from 12-15. Hoping to move to High-pass gnolls today and get PGT.

Below 10 you should still be able to get into an orc camp in EC, or the one in WC is still frequently left open so just /who 7 10 LFG all and start putting together a group. Sell the belts for cash, get a magic weapon (tentacle Whip is 5-10pp) and some banded. As a tank you are the leader in Everquest. Especially in dungeons, you have to assemble the group, lead the way in clearing to the camp and pull and maintain agro. Mages and Mecros can't do that because they're all stealth afking the whole time. Though I never really see Mages LFG or in the dungeons at all.
Closed Thread