Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2019, 11:23 AM
Sarnak

I have been playing on P99 for a couple of years now starting on Blue and now on Green. I see all of these posts similar to this one talking about having to fight with everyone and all the troubles associated with other people. I have never once had to argue with anyone on P99. Mainly because I refuse to let myself argue or get pissed off over a video game at 35 years old lol. I think people are just becoming so soft today that the smallest pin prick will set them off...tuffen up people.
Old 11-13-2019, 11:36 AM
Planar Protector

Everyone's been real nice to me. Sometimes I'm killing stuff and some wood elf runs up to me and spams some question marks and I spam back some exclamation points and then we go our separate ways, camp boundaries established. I keep rejecting group invites until I find one I like. I try to tip people for sows and they're like no it's cool. I'm always getting ninja-buffed which I don't like so I click the buff off but I thank them anyway. Everyone is so polite in /ooc always giving advice and helping out with questions. People are bowing and cheering and thanking each other, good manners all around. I have literally not met one rude or angry or stupid person on Green yet.

Of course I'm only level 14. I hear the assholes come out at night.
Old 11-13-2019, 11:54 AM
Kobold

everyones nice to me so far

except that one human in nektulos who emote /ruded me for killing some random bear... how dare he!
Old 11-13-2019, 11:56 AM
Fire Giant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iywaBOMvYLI

Lich (56+ Heretic)
Zelda (45 Shaman)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
silence, 'hardcore scum'
Old 11-13-2019, 12:04 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by encopitt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Glad your experience differed from mine, tbh.
Given the fact 90% of the players are in their 30s-40s, I can't help but think how truly boned some of these peoples lives are, that they feel the need to be asses to complete strangers for fun.
I'll check back in a few months with what was intended to be a high level char, but will be inadequate compared with the twinks that'll be around by then.

-encopitt
One of the older ones here and outside of that range. Been very lucky, the people I have met have been, on the whole, perfectly fine.
Old 11-13-2019, 12:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by encopitt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TL;DR:
Some people are just miserable cunts who take pleasure in ruining others fun. If this hadn't been a magnet for said people, I'd still be playing.

-encopitt
Your use of the word Toxicity in a non ironic way tells me you carry the plague. It's one thing to go on a rant. Maybe you have a giant target painted on your back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My 8-year-old son came home from school yesterday upset because kids that annoy him were playing with his friends, and so he didn't play with any of his friends at recess, and he said his day was bad because of it. When I told him that there are annoying people everywhere in life and that you need to learn how to ignore them or otherwise cope with their presence, and not let them ruin your fun, he ran to his room screaming.

And here we are on P99 fourms. A bunch of grown-ass adults. And you're quitting P99 at least for the time being because a handful of people annoyed you. And you're complaining on the forums about them. And you think they might all disappear in the future. So you're bemoaning the situation partly of your own making "oh the twinks that'll be everywhere by then. the horror, the horror."

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Black Knight - Master of Disaster

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Trapped in a dungeon and writhing in pain
Tortured and twisted to drive him insane
Anguish and torment the master must die
King of disasters will not survive
There's no place to run, no place to hide
No place to go

Let it begin, masters of disaster
Let it begin, don't let him win

Living for vengeance he cries out the night
Search for the master he's aching to spite
Free from his prison and hot for the kill
Clash of the titans a battle of wills

There's no place to run, no place to hide
No place to go
No place to run no place to hide
No place to go in the night
Last edited by Mblake81; 11-13-2019 at 12:20 PM..
Old 11-13-2019, 04:14 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your use of the word Toxicity in a non ironic way tells me you carry the plague. It's one thing to go on a rant. Maybe you have a giant target painted on your back.
Right, my hours of playtime shielding new players from others bullshit, and generally trying to peacefully enjoy a nostalgic experience without having people tell me how to play my class with no understanding of their own (protip, dont waste mana healing and buffing a charmed pet when the person tanking needs heals), puts a target on my back.

The whole reason I posted was to call out the straight up toxic behavior of people who get off on being uber elite and treating everyone else who they're not directly involved with like shit because they're trying get pixels/named/drops/loot at the expense of others trying to enjoy the game.

I thought long and hard for a couple days before posting anything because I knew the majority of people who bother to post and or read the forums would basically dismiss the whole concept as someone complaining with a "show me where the bad man touched you lol" mentally.

If it had been 1 or 2 instances I never would have said anything. It's the sheer frequency of asshats to rational people that drove me to take a break and call out the community at large for putting up with those people. Just moving to a new camp, or letting them have that ninja looted item and letting it go just fosters the behavior.

Suffice to say, I hope these people level to 50 and get their fill of being RL trolls and move off before I come back.

-encopitt
Old 11-13-2019, 04:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
This message is hidden because encopitt is on your ignore list.
Old 11-13-2019, 05:04 PM
Orc

Thanks for illustrating my point.
Legit criticism of the community gets you Jack shit.

-encopitt
Old 11-13-2019, 05:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Thanks for illustrating my point.
Legit criticism of the community gets you Jack shit.

-encopitt
Forum community is far worse than the in game community. Most people report neutral or very positive experiences in game on the whole. If you are experiencing otherwise you are either unlucky with who you run into or part of the problem yourself.
Closed Thread