Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2020, 06:18 PM
Banned

Everquest can be snorted, but it can also be transmuted into a smokable form. Your brain has receptors to receive everquest endogenously, whereas a hummingbird, for instance, cannot detect everquest.
Old 07-08-2020, 06:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everquest can be snorted, but it can also be transmuted into a smokable form. Your brain has receptors to receive everquest endogenously, whereas a hummingbird, for instance, cannot detect everquest.
Rangers receive Everquest as a suppository [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 07-08-2020, 06:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rangers receive Everquest as a suppository [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Feels kind good tho, no harmo.
Old 07-08-2020, 07:35 PM
Fire Giant

The twink armor is all marginally better than banded and weapons are cheap. Pick up an exe axe for 150pp, a couple plat fire rings for 500pp and you are as effective as most twinks. Making 650pp from 10-20 should be pretty doable. There's still plenty of people in banded with dragoon dirks roaming around.
Old 07-08-2020, 08:30 PM
Planar Protector

Melees are terrible in classic. They are slightly less terrible with BIS items compared to average EC trash items you can get decked out in for 1-2k.

Slay wisps, profit. Be only slightly more terrible than top raiders.

Or go cloth and stack that cash to make a super melee twink in Kunark/Velious.
Old 07-09-2020, 08:23 AM
Planar Protector

One of the ironies of EQ is that getting the first 10 levels, in many ways, are actually more frustrating than the last 10.

You have no abilities. No gear. Probably no friends. If you never played EQ you have no idea where to go, what to hunt, what quests to do...you manage to ding, but have no plat for your spells, you manage to kill a blue mob and realize that you need 40 of those to ding...and each one takes you 5 minutes...do a little math...realize that EQ is long and (so far) hasn't been much fun. What kind of game is this...

Trust us, we wouldn't be here if this was all there was. The game is so much better than those first few lvls in the newbie yard in every possible way.
Old 07-09-2020, 09:23 AM
Planar Protector

Those are my favourite levels! Every class is basically a warrior for the first half, maybe full, dozen levels.

Scraping together a set of cloth and making the best tarnished weapon you can. Upgrading to a store brought axe or bastard sword. Hunting cougars to wrap yourself up.

Saving up for that combine weapon so you can whack wisps. Levelling up tradeskills to turn those spare pelts into useful things like bags, or even armour.

Man that the best thing in classic EQ! Once my bard had his combine weapon, most slots filled with banded or reinforced leather and a bunch of bags I basically lost the drive to play. Shelved at level 16 cos there wasn't really any more low hanging fruit in reach, everything else was feeling like a grind for the sake of grinding.
Old 07-09-2020, 09:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Those are my favourite levels! Every class is basically a warrior for the first half, maybe full, dozen levels.

Scraping together a set of cloth and making the best tarnished weapon you can. Upgrading to a store brought axe or bastard sword. Hunting cougars to wrap yourself up.

Saving up for that combine weapon so you can whack wisps. Levelling up tradeskills to turn those spare pelts into useful things like bags, or even armour.

Man that the best thing in classic EQ! Once my bard had his combine weapon, most slots filled with banded or reinforced leather and a bunch of bags I basically lost the drive to play. Shelved at level 16 cos there wasn't really any more low hanging fruit in reach, everything else was feeling like a grind for the sake of grinding.
Its hella nostalgic, but from a game design perspective it is really hard on the player. There is a reason why even at its height EQ was notorious for players quitting just b/c they ran into a dead end that they didn't know how to get past...or worse, decided it wasn't worth getting past.

There is also a reason that pretty much every seasoned player takes pleasure in their personal method to beat the newbie yard...usually involving an exploited quest involving droppable bits (belts, ears, teeth, bonechips, etc.)...most truly new players only find out about these short cuts well after they escaped the newbie yard the hard way.
Old 07-09-2020, 02:41 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1rh3ad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...This made me feel even more depressed. While I am excited to get to level 13 for duel wield grinding felt like a chore. Nothing was interesting. I hope I'm not burned out on this game. I'm not sure what to do. I want to play but everything makes me sigh and not want to. I just watch the time fly by thinking about how I have to work tomorrow, or how there are things in irl I should be doing. The game feels like a daunting hopeless endeavor. Idk, I think there isnt really an answer for this I just wanted to vent a bit. Thanks for coming to my Ted talk.
This means that EQ finally got stale and been to the well too many times. I came back to TLP Ragefire/Lockjaw and it was absurd with bot armies. Tried again with Coirnav for a true box, no armies, but still was a hybrid and fake classic. So I found titanium, and was excited to try Project 1999. It was as classic as classic can get, so I thought I would be satisfied. However, I wasn't. I realized the type of players on TLP or Live are the same type of players here. That and the game itself was the root of the problem. The players are all about the same wash and repeat. Zoom to 50, twink out alts, same pathways, same strat, same mobs in the same zones at the same camp. I stopped and moved on. I still compare other games to the foundation EQ built. But I realize it, and the player base has nothing left to offer as it is no longer an adventure...but Groundhog Day the RPG.
Covid-19 let me see my old bookmarks to stop by one more time, and saw your Ted Talk.
Old 07-09-2020, 03:37 PM
Sarnak

Thanks for the advice. We rolled new characters and are having a blast. I think I was just in a mental rut because I've been enjoying the game again. I rolled a druid so I can eventually make some of that sweet port money and get my warrior some better weapons. I think the different zones helped. We have done ro and oasis so many times the last times we played.
Closed Thread