Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-20-2019, 05:15 AM
Orc

Question "Windows cannot find 'eqgame'."

So I decided to come back to P99 after a long hiatus (almost a year now), so I got the latest updates installed and went to run the game. Click the Launch Titanium file ... and I just get a pop-up with the message in the title.

I can't remember whether or not I've had this problem before, so don't have much choice other than to come here and pick y'all's brains to see if anyone knows what's up. Any help would be muchly appreciated. Hopefully see y'all in-game soon!
Old 01-20-2019, 12:51 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Check your anti virus; I've heard that you have to exclude your game directory in avast or you'll get a message like this.
Old 01-20-2019, 01:42 PM
Large Rat

To be honest the youtube video's are fantastic, i suggest going over one for a refresher.
Old 01-24-2019, 07:04 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchismBlacksoul [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I decided to come back to P99 after a long hiatus (almost a year now), so I got the latest updates installed and went to run the game. Click the Launch Titanium file ... and I just get a pop-up with the message in the title.

I can't remember whether or not I've had this problem before, so don't have much choice other than to come here and pick y'all's brains to see if anyone knows what's up. Any help would be muchly appreciated. Hopefully see y'all in-game soon!

I am getting the same message. I played the game on my old Windows 7 PC, but now I get the messages "windows cannot find 'eqgame'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."
Old 01-24-2019, 10:01 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I dont have Avast... and I am having this issue. I have NO idea what I did wrong if anything.
Old 01-27-2019, 12:41 AM
Orc

Was originally gonna reply to this saying I got it finally working (thanks, dela, for helping confirm my memory isn't as sucky as I first thought--managed to remember the exceptions thing before seeing this thread XD).

BUT....!

I had to do a comp restart (system was running slow and needed to recoup some memory) and when I tried firing up the game I'd been logged onto just a few mins prior ... it's giving that "debug mode" error message. Weirdest of all? The eqgame.exe file is STILL under my anti-virus exceptions list, but this error still happens.

Tried to see if adding the LaunchTitanium.bat file to the list made any difference ... but nope. Even tried running it in admin mode. Nada. I'm truly and completely stumped. Don't think I ran into this particular issue when last I played. O.O

If you guys have any further insight into this, would really appreciate it. Gonna see if any of the videos Droolz mentioned might shed some light on what's going on, in the meantime.
Old 01-27-2019, 02:06 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchismBlacksoul [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was originally gonna reply to this saying I got it finally working (thanks, dela, for helping confirm my memory isn't as sucky as I first thought--managed to remember the exceptions thing before seeing this thread XD).

BUT....!

I had to do a comp restart (system was running slow and needed to recoup some memory) and when I tried firing up the game I'd been logged onto just a few mins prior ... it's giving that "debug mode" error message. Weirdest of all? The eqgame.exe file is STILL under my anti-virus exceptions list, but this error still happens.

Tried to see if adding the LaunchTitanium.bat file to the list made any difference ... but nope. Even tried running it in admin mode. Nada. I'm truly and completely stumped. Don't think I ran into this particular issue when last I played. O.O

If you guys have any further insight into this, would really appreciate it. Gonna see if any of the videos Droolz mentioned might shed some light on what's going on, in the meantime.

If you're using WinEQ2, you'll also need to make exceptions for that as well. I just made exceptions for all the .exe's in the EQ dir and all the .exe's in the WinEQ2 dir so I wouldn't run into this issue anymore. But you're also correct in that you'll need to run either the everquest.exe or the EQ - Launch Titanium.bat file as administrator.

Hope this helps...

-Fryeday
Last edited by Wraythian; 01-27-2019 at 02:08 AM.. Reason: additional info
Old 01-27-2019, 09:31 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraythian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're using WinEQ2, you'll also need to make exceptions for that as well. I just made exceptions for all the .exe's in the EQ dir and all the .exe's in the WinEQ2 dir so I wouldn't run into this issue anymore. But you're also correct in that you'll need to run either the everquest.exe or the EQ - Launch Titanium.bat file as administrator.

Hope this helps...

-Fryeday
Adding every .exe file in the main directory to the exceptions list finally did the trick! Thanks so much for the help, guys. <3
Old 01-29-2019, 12:45 PM
Skeleton

I briefly got the error when I moved the "Launch Titan.bat" to my desktop instead of just creating a shortcut. Dident look at the bat file but I assume there are some "not" variable links used there.