Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2018, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

Cool The Warrens: Part 2 Levels 14 through 18

The Warrens
Part 2: Level 14 - 18

Once you have dung level 14, it's time to move our kill spot. Our new location is just around the corner from Prince Bragnar's spawn point, see this handy dandy, poorly edited, little map.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

CAN YOU SMELLLLL WHAT THE CUCKKKK IS COOKIN'!!!
That's right my little dinguses, we have dung level 15 and not only do we get the most overpowered ability in the game (Dodge), it's time to go get dat Quicky McQuickfeets spell hnnnnnnnngggggggg
You will pass the skellingtons once again on our way back to Erudin, and once again you should mercilessly slay them and taunt their creator.

Once you have entered Erudin, find the lazy Bard who just stands there and expects you to deliver mail for him, Ticar Lorestring.

Let's pick up a little (and I do mean a little, like almost zilch) experience, and a little coin (like 11 gold, wtf? League of Antonican Bards are cheap) on our trip to Qeynos.

You say, 'Hail, Ticar Lorestring'
Ticar Lorestring says, 'Hail, Fatdog - Are you [interested] in helping the League of Antonican Bards by delivering some [mail]?'
You say, 'What mail?'
Ticar Lorestring says, 'The League of Antonican Bards has a courier system made up of travelers and adventurers. We pay good gold to anyone who will take messages from bards such as myself to one of our more central offices. Are you [interested]?'
You say, 'I am interested but I want top dollar.'
Ticar Lorestring says, 'I have messages that need to go to - well, right now I have one that needs to go to Qeynos. Will you [deliver] mail to [Qeynos] for me?'
You say, 'I will deliver mail to Qeynos for you ya dirty old bum.'
Ticar Lorestring says, 'Take this letter to Tralyn Marsinger in Qeynos. You can find him at the bard guild hall. I am sure he will compensate you for your troubles.'

With letter in hand, let's head to the bank of Erudin to vendor and take inventory. Pun intended.
Grab all of your platty plats (and don't forget the letter) and head to the docks. It's time to catch da boat.
If you have been vendoring as aggressively as I have, you should have more than enough money to buy all your missing level 9 spells, and all of you level 14 spells.

*whistles a sweet salty sea tune*

"Hi, Mom? How are you. It's your son. Yeah, I'm good. I know, I know, I should call more often. Look - no, I don't have a girlfriend yet. When are you going to have grandchildren?
I don't know, Mom. Look - No, I haven't shaved. I know, girls don't like beards. Look, mom, I have something important to tell you - I think I have found the one."

Talarassa says, 'Hail'
Talarassa waves.
You wave at Talarassa.
You say, 'getting some fishing in?'
Talarassa says 'Yep'
You say, 'most excellent'
Talarassa has offered you a Tattered Cloth Sandal.
You say, 'lol big finds'
Talarassa says, 'Tasty fish'
Talarassa says, 'And sandles'
You say, 'yummy'
You say, 'ahah'

Talarassa says, 'Where ya off to?'
You say, 'Pine'
You say, 'Erm...'
You say, 'Surefall Glade, new spells and Dodge!'

Talarassa says, 'very cool'
Talarassa says, 'ranger?'

You say, 'Druid'
You forget Gate.
Beginning to memorize Skin like Wood...
You have finished memorizing Skin like Wood.
You say, 'Here, to protect you from the fishes.'
You begin casting Skin like Wood.
Talarassa's skin turns hard as wood.
Talarassa begins to cast a spell.
Your skin turns hard as wood.
You say, 'Lol'
Talarassa says, 'I think I'll be alright'
Talarassa laughs at Fatdog.
You say, 'Good luck with your fishing, I hope they're biting.'
Talarassa says, 'thanks!~'
You wave goodbye to Talarassa.

Goodbye bye love. I will think of you always.

Still a better love story than Twilight. Now that you have found your soul mate, experienced true love, and have lost it, never to love again, it's time to find the next best thing: money and experience. Find Tralyn Marsinger and give him the note from Ticar.

Now, it's time to head to Surefall Glade to make some boss moved. Don't forget to /who in every zone, lest you might miss out on some high quality names that have skirted the Great Name Ban of 2018. I personally stumbled upon the player with the single most best name ever on Project 1999. How ironic, he is a level 2 monk in Qeynos.

Once you have made it to Surefall, find the Druid guild master and spend 1 point into Dodge, and then buy all your missing spells, and your new level 14 spells, at Sallah. Hey buddy, my eyes are up here.

Once you have purchased your spells and trained in Dodge, Gate. It's time to resume the genocide of puppers. Except, beginning at level 15, we are going to work in Foodmaster Rargnar and Smithy Rrargin into our rotation. Not only does Foodmaster drop some excellent food which is completely useless to us, they provide stellar experience and more faction per kill than the lower level kobolds.

In no time, you should find yourself at level 18!

To Be Continued...
Old 03-04-2018, 02:01 PM
Fire Giant

Well done! Thank you for doing this. I had started going down the putrid hide/bandit sash route with my 16 mage and really should mix it up and give Warrens a try.
Old 03-05-2018, 09:56 AM
Sarnak

Best thread since the adventures of sneaksy.
Old 03-07-2018, 09:39 AM
Aviak

I anxiously await more.

Old 03-10-2018, 09:52 PM
Kobold

Just noticed this thread. Gonna keep an eye on it. A+
Old 03-11-2018, 08:16 PM
Banned

Skin like wood buff lol
Old 03-12-2018, 10:00 AM
Planar Protector

Cool The Warrens: Part 3 Levels 19-22

((I am posting this update a little prematurely, as I have not rung in level 22 just yet, but that is intentional; today marks Fatdog's one month birthday! Almost 22 levels in a month of casual EQ; not too shabby))

The Warrens

Part III: Levels 19 through 22.

Are you tired of the constant howling, barking, borking, doggy poo-poo stench of the Warrens yet? Well, too bad, young druid, for we continue our quest for greatness here in this stinking hole, and we're not going anywhere anytime soon. Which is unfortunate, because I am getting really tired of the constant howling, barking, borking, doggy poo-poo stench of the Warrens. But the game of EverQuest is not about fun; it is about filling a wide and deep cavern in one's soul, and so we must persevere.

You are still contractually obligated to hail the heros of this realm as you level; do not be deterred if they call you a 'liah', for you are just and true and your blessing is welcome.

Our targets for the next few levels:

19: Foodmaster Rargnar, Smithy Rrarrgin, a kobold pit fighter, a lesser shaman, a kobold protector
At level 19, the kobold pit fighters will begin to turn green. That's okay; the experience is still pretty good, and it's an easy camp to maintain. I like to kill 2 rounds of kobold pit fighters, and then go kill the Smithy and Foodmaster. Rinse, repeat.

20: Foodmaster Rargnar, Smithy Rrarrgin, a kobold pit fighter, a kobold protector, a large kobold, a pack elder, a pack leader
At level 20, Foodmaster Rargnar and Smithy Rrarrgin will turn green. We're going to keep them in the rotation for a level or two more, though; theys till do give experience, and they give the best faction hits out of the entire zone.
Foodmaster and Smithy have turned very, very green, however, we will keep them in the rotation for this level because 1) they still give experience (it's very slight) and 2) they still give some of the best +faction hits per kill in the zone, aside from other named mobs which we will hunt later.

21: Foodmaster Rargnar, Smithy Rrarrgin, a kobold pit fighter, a large kobold, a pack elder, a pack leader, Prince Bragrnar.

Don't forget to utilize your Harmony spell when you are trying to single out the Prince!

At 21, the pit fighters will still sometimes spawn as dark blues, yielding anywhere between 2 and 3% exp per kill - still worth it!

Once you have danged level 21, it's time to take a breather from the Warrens. On our way out, check your standing with Paineel faction. You are (hopefully) only threatening at this point.

Let's run our cutey patootey little booties back to Erudin. It's time to train Tracking, pick up some spells, and of course, deliver some more mail for our good friend Ticar.

You say, 'Hail, Ticar Lorestring'
Ticar Lorestring says, 'Hail, Fatdog - Are you [interested] in helping the League of Antonican Bards by delivering some [mail]?'
You say, 'We meet again, old friend.'
You say, 'I am interested in helping the League of Antonican Bards by delivering some mail, however, the pay better be good this time, you cheapskate.'
Ticar Lorestring says, 'I have messages that need to go to - well, right now I have one that needs to go to Qeynos. Will you [deliver] mail to [Qeynos] for me?'
You say, 'Fine. I will deliver mail to Qeynos.'
Ticar Lorestring says, 'Take this letter to Tralyn Marsinger in Qeynos. You can find him at the bard guild hall. I am sure he will compensate you for your troubles.'

Once you have the letter from Ticar, head to the bank. Vendor anything worth vendoring, and withdraw all your PP's. Our level 19 spells are going to set us back a pretty penny. Take all your PP's and the note, and head to the docks.

Phew, it's a good thing this guide leads us to another boat ride; I was beginning to miss the sea.

Once you've landed in Qeynos, give Ticar's note to Tralyn Marsinger. Surprise: they are still shorting us on our compensation, and it's time to file a complaint with the Druid's Union. We can do that later, though. For now, head to the gates of Qeynos and bind there.

Run to Surefall Glade.

Train 1 point into Tracking. After this, I highly recommend putting the Tracking button on your hot bar, and opening your "Keys" settings under controls, and assigning one of your movement keys to that hot button slot. We will max out Tracking in no time, while we traverse Norrath. Yay.

After you've trained Tracking, head to the ranger guild, and find Bukem. You can buy all of your spells if you are a wealthy Druid, but I am not, so I am only buying the necessities:
-Careless Lightning
-Superior Camouflage

After that, find Durvinna Barkkis and buy Barbcoat.

Run to North Karana and find Tak Whistler at the Druid rings. Buy the Shield of Barbs Spell, and continue running Eastbound.

After you have spent four and a half days running across the Karanas, enter Highpass Hold. It is time to complete every Druid's rite of Passage: the Wisdom McWisdom Booky Book of Goodness.

Head to Dyllin Starsine's camp. If he is not up, I highly suggest logging out and playing AltQuest, and checking on the spawn every hour or so. He has an 8 hour spawn window, and you'll go truly mad if you just sit there. It took me a few sessions of AltQuest but Dyllin was finally up on Saturday morning, so I killed him. Die you evil guard man, die.

Once you have the Page 30 of a book, continue your run Eastbound. Head to West Commons and find the kind druid lady woman at the Druid rings. If you can afford it, buy all of your level 19 self-port spells: Ring of Commons, Toxxulia, Butcher and Karana.

My port spells cleaned me out. WTB Fungi Tunic, offering 7 gold, 1 silver, 1 copper.

While you are medding at the rings, if fate smiles upon thee, you will meet your long lost brother!

If you ask me, I really don't see the resemblance but I am certain that my mother would have told me if she made it with a lizardman.

You hug Fatgoose.
Fatgoose says, 'Hail, Fatdog'
Fatgoose says, 'MY BROTHER'
Fatgoose hugs Fatdog.
You say, 'It was fate which brought us together'
You cheer at Fatgoose.
Fatgoose says, 'I remember when you were but a chubby pup'
Fatgoose says, 'chasing me around the chicken coop'
You say, 'lol'
You say, 'this is marvelous'
Fatgoose says, 'you need a sirname!'
Fatgoose bows before Fatdog.
Fatgoose snaps to attention and salutes Fatdog crisply.
Fatgoose says, 'GL out there sir!'
You told Fatgoose, 'god speed!!'

Gate back to Qeynos, play some cards with Moodoro, get that Testament of Vanear and take a few last drags of clean air; you guessed it - it's time to head back into the place we know and love; The Warrens.
Old 03-13-2018, 04:23 AM
Sarnak

Touching reunion. Emotional.
Old 03-17-2018, 12:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
level 2 seems like an odd spot to stop the guide....
The journey of a thousand steps starts with the first step.
Old 03-17-2018, 05:54 PM
Planar Protector

I too am greatly enjoying this thread and it's updates. keep em coming high quality stuff!
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Closed Thread