Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 08:33 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default ATTN: Nilbog - Stonebrunt Bug

I'm not sure what exactly is going on, but there seems to be a bug in the panda drop tables. I've been camping them all over the zone for more than 16 hours at this point and not a single one of them has dropped the claws that both the p99 wiki and Zam say they're supposed to drop "uncommonly". I've killed a lot of them. A whole lot.

What's more, not a single person I've asked in the zone has gotten one to drop.

Either the drop table has a decimal in the wrong place or there's some sort of bug somewhere. Some people have mentioned TLC, but the young pandas and panda cubs are dark blue to me at level 32 and 33, so I'm pretty sure they're not "trivial", especially considering how much hp they have and the 40% spell resist rate I've seen.

The tiger skins for the Yuio's Illness quest seem to drop ok since I got both I needed within half an hour. I've foraged multiple bamboo shoots and kejekan palm fruits since I've been camping the pandas, but not a single claw. I've even had the time to collect six heretic heads to turn in for a haste sash -- but the claws for a much more elaborate collection quest with a wildly inferior reward are *this* rare??

I mean, maybe "/shrug they're just rare" could be an explanation, but if so, then this entire quest is a heinous waste of time, given the reward and effort required.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:00 PM
Developer

https://eq.magelo.com/item/6961

This is roughly how it should be.
Old 01-12-2017, 02:19 AM
Planar Protector

They are just rare. And you apparently are very unlucky.

I've made 2 swords this week and put a total of 10 hours in.

A tracker, dps , cleric and you can easily roam and clean up claws in no time.

They drop best in this order cubs, matures, elder , young.

TLC only effects no exp hits.

Keep at it and get some friends to help.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 01-12-2017, 03:20 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gently_Down [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not sure what exactly is going on, but there seems to be a bug in the panda drop tables. I've been camping them all over the zone for more than 16 hours at this point and not a single one of them has dropped the claws that both the p99 wiki and Zam say they're supposed to drop "uncommonly". I've killed a lot of them. A whole lot.

What's more, not a single person I've asked in the zone has gotten one to drop.

Either the drop table has a decimal in the wrong place or there's some sort of bug somewhere. Some people have mentioned TLC, but the young pandas and panda cubs are dark blue to me at level 32 and 33, so I'm pretty sure they're not "trivial", especially considering how much hp they have and the 40% spell resist rate I've seen.

The tiger skins for the Yuio's Illness quest seem to drop ok since I got both I needed within half an hour. I've foraged multiple bamboo shoots and kejekan palm fruits since I've been camping the pandas, but not a single claw. I've even had the time to collect six heretic heads to turn in for a haste sash -- but the claws for a much more elaborate collection quest with a wildly inferior reward are *this* rare??

I mean, maybe "/shrug they're just rare" could be an explanation, but if so, then this entire quest is a heinous waste of time, given the reward and effort required.
Need to look at it from the context of the item as an upgrade in August 2001 - not P1999 2016.
Old 01-12-2017, 01:21 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://eq.magelo.com/item/6961

This is roughly how it should be.
If so, then, statistically, I would expect to have roughly three claws by now. Still camping them. Still no claws.
Old 01-12-2017, 05:22 PM
Planar Protector

https://www.engadget.com/2010/01/13/...e-probability/

"...every time you kill [a mob] you have a 9% chance of getting [the item]. 9% on the first kill, and 9% on the 100th kill. However, over the course of 100 kills, you have a much higher probability of getting [the item]. But not 100%. Never 100%."

Amax MNK / Amalgamax ROG / maximum
Begging (227)

EQ Map Archive (1,000+ images)
P99 WikiEQ Patch Chronology
Old 01-12-2017, 06:10 PM
Fire Giant

[Sun Jan 08 01:17:47 2017] You slash a mature panda for 114 points of damage.
[Sun Jan 08 01:17:47 2017] You have slain a mature panda!
[Sun Jan 08 01:17:47 2017] You gain party experience!!
[Sun Jan 08 01:17:51 2017] The brambles fall away.
[Sun Jan 08 01:17:53 2017] You think you are heading NorthEast.
[Sun Jan 08 01:17:58 2017] --You have looted a Panda Claws.--

killed maybe 20 ?
-Taken-Taken II-

"I may not agree with what you say, but to your death I will defend your right to say it."
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
"To be able to think freely, a man must be certain that no consequence will follow whatever he writes."

CromCruach on Blue - Aurgelmirx on Green
Closed Thread