Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements > Polls

View Poll Results: What is your opinion of the No Boxing Rule?
I think its important to this server's health, and should stay. 220 74.58%
I think it should be removed. 58 19.66%
It wouldn't affect me either way. 17 5.76%
Voters: 295. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 04:27 PM
Aviak

I'll make this easy.

No Boxing is not classic.

Sony did not have a IP exemption or a no 2 accounts rule.

So everyone's arguments are pretty null and void [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

No boxing is great for this emu environment, but there seems to be a lot of 100% hardcore attempts at this "RAWR 100% CLASSIC STUFFZ"

No boxing is NOT classic, sure things were different back then but I WAS one of the few that had multiple accounts back in 99-00 because I had many friends that 2 boxed with me as well.

Edit: I honestly don't give a piss on the boxing rule right now, I enjoy it because playing 2-3 accounts/chars is tedious as fuck.

I wanted to simply state the fact that its "dur hur not even close to classic to have a restriction on accounts" but then again this is a FREE environment vs a subscription environment

But why stop there right? I'm sure there are other things we should change because is a EMU VS LIVE Classic Vs 100% Classic.

Why stop with limiting the amount of accounts?
Last edited by Recyclebin; 02-17-2010 at 04:40 PM..
Old 02-17-2010, 05:20 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recyclebin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll make this easy.

No Boxing is not classic.

Sony did not have a IP exemption or a no 2 accounts rule.

So everyone's arguments are pretty null and void [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

No boxing is great for this emu environment, but there seems to be a lot of 100% hardcore attempts at this "RAWR 100% CLASSIC STUFFZ"

No boxing is NOT classic, sure things were different back then but I WAS one of the few that had multiple accounts back in 99-00 because I had many friends that 2 boxed with me as well.
If we wanted to go 100% classic, then I guess everyone would be sending about $10 a month to Nilbog and Rogean. We probably have 2000-3000 accounts that are active at least once a month. It could be even more. I am sure if you guys all pooled together, and pumped about $20-30k per month to help run the server, then we can really make this place rock.

Classic EQ was not unlimited accounts for free.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for boxing myself. But. I am not for people who box to farm stuff to sell, permacamp named, and generally make life a pain in the ass for others. I like to box. I do not like to look for groups. If I have 30 minutes to game, I want to be playing at least 25 of them.

But lucky for you, I enjoy programming and solving problems with code more. If this were truly classic, I would be doing this full time, making about 100k a year. Now please, please, sign me up for this 100% classic server. I am all for it.

In the meantime, we work with what we got.

Haynar
Old 02-17-2010, 06:05 PM
Kobold

I could really care less about the 'boxing is not classic' argument.

I just think it's a terrible idea for all the reasons listed in this thread.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:56 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If we wanted to go 100% classic, then I guess everyone would be sending about $10 a month to Nilbog and Rogean. We probably have 2000-3000 accounts that are active at least once a month. It could be even more. I am sure if you guys all pooled together, and pumped about $20-30k per month to help run the server, then we can really make this place rock.

Classic EQ was not unlimited accounts for free.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for boxing myself. But. I am not for people who box to farm stuff to sell, permacamp named, and generally make life a pain in the ass for others. I like to box. I do not like to look for groups. If I have 30 minutes to game, I want to be playing at least 25 of them.

But lucky for you, I enjoy programming and solving problems with code more. If this were truly classic, I would be doing this full time, making about 100k a year. Now please, please, sign me up for this 100% classic server. I am all for it.

In the meantime, we work with what we got.

Haynar
I basically said the same thing Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Its a EMU vs LIVE environment, some of us are more than willing to pay to re-live that classic experience, but then again beyond donations i've never heard of a emulated server on any game to charge a "subscription" most likely due to it being massively illegal.

But even without boxing some things are almost already perma camped here, there's a reason these camp policies and play nice rules came out a little less than a few weeks ago. People are already being asses to others, unfortunately.

I am all for growth on this server and have held many roles as new player assistance, guides, seer, etc on many game servers.

I mean for the absolute best for this server but many of the elitist folk have already made me NOT want to hit 50, ive been having fun with alts also another reason I wish to box is to avoid to absolute douche baggery elitist peeps.
Last edited by Recyclebin; 02-17-2010 at 07:01 PM..
Old 02-23-2010, 12:49 AM
Fire Giant

Default I Think 2Boxing should be Allowed

2boxing is loads of fun, and for those who want to, i think it wouldnt change much except give the option for us to duo when things are slow.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-23-2010, 12:52 PM
Kobold

Default no boxing ---

Please no boxing, this rule was one of the main reasons i am here instead of SoD -- having a great time and I have boxed in the past, but this is FAR better. In fact, I might go as far as to request that the exemptions get reviewed, because i am pretty sure some of them are being abused.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:03 PM
Fire Giant

Of course they're being abused, those people just haven't been caught yet. I'm almost positive the guy Offerplz is 2boxing somehow, but with no evidence, it doesn't matter.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:50 PM
Kobold

My father and I have our computers in the same household, and have always wanted to group together. We haven't gotten project 1999 yet, but are installing it tonight. Is the boxing issue account-based, or IP based. We don't want to 2-box, we just want to play together.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:02 PM
Sarnak

It's IP based, you will need to go back to the forum selection and request for an IP exemption there. It should take a few days, week max to get it. Giving Nilbog isnt trolling the forums today and gets to it fast :P
Old 03-26-2010, 09:12 PM
Aviak

2 boxing at most maybe,

but probably better without it. We all have a more immersed and deeper gaming experience playing one character at a time.
Closed Thread