Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 08:27 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes. At level 49 my pet heal is less than 200 hps. It's not as efficient as you're implying. Summoning a new pet is 200 mana.
Ah, I didn't realize that the 44 pet heal wasn't added until PoP.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:47 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Finawin

Pet chaining > healing the same pet for 200 mana a pop

WAY more efficient
Old 02-17-2010, 08:49 PM
Aviak

I've had people try and train me after 10 minutes of alt-tab pet exp farming a single 6 minute timer mob.

*shrug* sucks, but hell levels suck too.

But regardless of how lame AFK leveling is...why are GMs popping on people doing this and taking actions beyond suspend/kick/ban? Messing with mobs/units sounds very unclassic and stupid.

Player justice is where it's served, I shouldn't have to worry about some GM popping on me while im watching TV or alt-tabbed sitting my pet somewhere because I couldn't find a group for 2 fucken hours in OOC.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:54 PM
Banned

No, you should have to worry about getting fucked with for being a no-talent tool who exploits.

Level legitimately like everyone else should have had to do.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:01 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finawin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, you should have to worry about getting fucked with for being a no-talent tool who exploits.

Level legitimately like everyone else should have had to do.
Your view and statements are slightly off balance. I would consider automated macro programs and MQ and other 3rd party tools or using things like the "Tumpy Tonic" quest a "exploit".

No-talent, sure. It's a pet that's killing typically a light-blue or low blue mob, on a set timer, over and over without being at the keyboard.

Exploit, no.

No-talent, lazy, zzz - Sure.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
An exploit, in online games, is the use of a bug or design flaw by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers.
You are exploiting by its very definition. Stop trying to split hairs to justify it.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:18 PM
Kobold

Please do not make pets eat EXP. I have a necro and a shaman that this could affect. I have never AFK leveled and I do not want to pay the price. I do not condone AFK leveling but It does not bother me too much.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:20 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finawin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are exploiting by its very definition. Stop trying to split hairs to justify it.
There is no bug or design flaw. Go re-read GU Comics, remember that famous comic of a necromancer sitting with his book open and his pet in the background with 50 dead mobs surrounding it? It was a part of the game.

Feel free to explain the bug and design flaw you are talking of in great detail with sources explaining that its a bug, preferably from Sony's mouth in regards to EQ and pet classes, I will put down 100 plat that you are completely incapable of finding a source that states pets destroying mobs while the caster sits on his ass is a exploit.
Last edited by Recyclebin; 02-17-2010 at 09:24 PM..
Old 02-17-2010, 09:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recyclebin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've had people try and train me after 10 minutes of alt-tab pet exp farming a single 6 minute timer mob.

*shrug* sucks, but hell levels suck too.

But regardless of how lame AFK leveling is...why are GMs popping on people doing this and taking actions beyond suspend/kick/ban? Messing with mobs/units sounds very unclassic and stupid.

Player justice is where it's served, I shouldn't have to worry about some GM popping on me while im watching TV or alt-tabbed sitting my pet somewhere because I couldn't find a group for 2 fucken hours in OOC.
I personally think i'd rather get fucked with and die instead of banned for a week....and this isnt Live anyways. The game itself is meant to be as close to live as possible, doesnt mean the people who own and operate the server cant pick and choose their own rules. When the server management decides to make it "as close to Classic Eq Rules", then we can argue over the fact that Gm's of present are acting differently than Gm's of past.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:27 PM
Aviak

http://gucomics.com/comic/?cdate=20001025
Closed Thread