Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

View Poll Results: Should you be banned for talking about drugs, politics or EQ expanions in /ooc?
Yes 47 27.81%
No 95 56.21%
Maybe 27 15.98%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 07:47 PM
Large Bat

I have about a dozen or so /ooc regulars on /ignore. For me, its works out pretty well. I spend about 5 seconds typing /ignore "name", and my chat isnt crazy spam city. That saves me from having to take 15 minutes posting here bitching about how people should play the game the way I want them to.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:03 PM
Large Rat

Could care less about what people say in /ooc chat.
So long as they aren't larp spamming walls of text in 2 second intervals, then logging onto a level 1 alt to do the same thing.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:09 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outbound [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not that people want to chat about out of game topics. It's that people Troll for attention, and get it... from other Trolls, and this makes /ooc unusable to anyone except the Trollers and Flamers. I dont care if you want to talk about your neighbors bad breath, or how far up your ass your panties ride. I just get tired of the obvious spamming of ignorant crap that that is intended to do nothing more then disrupt the channel. Once the the channel turns into a white noise of whos smoking what, why <insert political figure here> is the worst ever, why your religion is better than others and god doesnt love anyone but you... It starts to effect all those that don't want to be a part of the circle jerk. Sure, we can turn it off, Ive done it many times, but that takes a part of the game that is intended for honest discussion of in/out of game issues and makes it only usable by those taking part in the bull shit.

It's not about talking to others about whatever you want. Its about disrupting the channel for the sake of disrupting the channel, then telling everyone else they need to alter their game to accomodate you.
I'm sorry that a majority of the people that chat in /ooc don't want to talk about exactly what you'd prefer them to talk about.

You like to pretend that the chat in /ooc is ruining your game experience because it's not all centered around "in/out of game issues", then you join a cacophony of whiny voices clamoring for /ooc to be heavily regulated down to a dry and boring question of "how do I get out of the pool in front of that cb belt dude's house" followed by 10 people rushing to type "go into first person and look up", then minutes of channel silence until someone else has a simple question or complaint about the game.

If we had a separate channel for bullshit chat serverwide, we'd use it to bullshit. But as it stands, the only way for a bored soloer to shoot the shit with 5 other bored soloers across the server is in /ooc. So why don't you use your bitchy voice to offer a fair solution instead of voting for the only real serverwide discussion channel to be regulated.

Just remember the next time something in /ooc offends or bothers you, 99% of the time it's your fault, and you should probably consider why that is instead of complaining about it and hoping someone shuts them up.
Old 03-02-2010, 02:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by celicara29 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm sorry that a majority of the people that chat in /ooc don't want to talk about exactly what you'd prefer them to talk about.

You like to pretend that the chat in /ooc is ruining your game experience because it's not all centered around "in/out of game issues", then you join a cacophony of whiny voices clamoring for /ooc to be heavily regulated down to a dry and boring question of "how do I get out of the pool in front of that cb belt dude's house" followed by 10 people rushing to type "go into first person and look up", then minutes of channel silence until someone else has a simple question or complaint about the game.

If we had a separate channel for bullshit chat serverwide, we'd use it to bullshit. But as it stands, the only way for a bored soloer to shoot the shit with 5 other bored soloers across the server is in /ooc. So why don't you use your bitchy voice to offer a fair solution instead of voting for the only real serverwide discussion channel to be regulated.

Just remember the next time something in /ooc offends or bothers you, 99% of the time it's your fault, and you should probably consider why that is instead of complaining about it and hoping someone shuts them up.
+1.

Build a bridge and get over it, it's only a chat window. Ignore who you want. God forbid you move ooc to another window. God forbid you have to hear someone about smoking their doobie. God forbid your child playing the game figures out for themselves what things in the world are because they are in a circle of adults. God forbid you blame those adults for having conversations about things out of character.

God forbid you grow up.

**Oh and rate limiting is the worst idea possible, imo.
Old 03-05-2010, 02:02 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I'm convinced doing drugs is like owning a Mac. Half the fun is apparently letting others know about it.

Where would they be without the OOC channel?
Old 03-05-2010, 03:50 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azenn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm convinced doing drugs is like owning a Mac. Half the fun is apparently letting others know about it.

Where would they be without the OOC channel?
Drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs.

Would you mind just shutting the fuck up about your prejudices against a word that can damn near be applied to anything enjoyable?

It's so hilarious to watch you cry about people chatting about drugs while playing a game that is a drug in and of itself. How would you like it for someone to tell you to take your chat elsewhere when you're bragging about loot or talking about how awesome your chosen class is?

Apparently, half the fun in Everquest is talking about Everquest. Moron.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:38 AM
Fire Giant

Are you serious about this poll? I'd like to make a poll to ban dumb polls like this.

THERE'S A /IGNORE TOOL! USE IT!
Old 03-08-2010, 05:56 PM
Orc

my only problem w/ /ooc is it's negativity, it can be a huge turn off. sometimes it's more stress than fun.

/b/ + eq = :/
Closed Thread