Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 04:01 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zexa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We go by the rotation 100% Penoy.

What's wrong?
The thread is named Forced Rotation Isn't Classic
Old 12-17-2009, 04:07 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The thread is named Forced Rotation Isn't Classic
And from that you extracted "Forced Rotation Isn't Classic So We Aren't Going to Follow It"

Sounds like a typical Giants fan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

As a guild we're trying to play by the rules no matter how much we dislike them. We just dislike them even more when the competition can't even kill the content we share, but get rights to it anyways.

Vox should be sitting in her lair surrounded by about 200 Transcendence corpses right now, waiting for us to come loot her.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:07 PM
Orc

This is why we can't have nice things.

If we merge raiding guilds it should be called, The Greedy Babies.
Why do you guys need loot so bad, is it really that important?

I support:
1. make raid mobs 4 times harder
2. make it more difficult so this clusterfuck rat race works (people just need their asses kicked harder: raid mobs are end game content, and the content is being bulldosed.)
Also, people playing his server are good, and this content is too casual for them.
3. GM's stop trying to make this work so hard, we're at a point where your workload needs to be reduced. Stop babysitting, because it doesn't do anything for you, stop explaining yourselves unless it only takes 5min. (we respect you whether you babysit us or not, do your job and we are happy)

The problem can't be mediated, these people have already sunken so low, don't be dragged down.
(ban, ignore, mute are efficent tools)
Last edited by cassaruby; 12-17-2009 at 04:14 PM..
Old 12-17-2009, 04:15 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassaruby [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is why we can't have nice things.

If we merge raiding guilds it should be called, The Greedy Babies.
Why do you guys need loot so bad, is it really that important?

I support:
1. make raid mobs 4 times harder
2. make it more difficult so this clusterfuck rat race works (people just need their asses kicked harder)
Who says anything about loot? We want fairness.

Trans is in a rotation with IB for Vox. Trans has done nothing but wipe to Vox. They have only managed to kill Vox twice after hours of wipes once Vox has been bugged out and her 500 DD AoE removed. They get to keep the loot both times.

I can accept that they are being given the chance to rotate if that's the only option we have, but I would expect that the guild we share it with be required to actually kill the content legitly.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So sharing is based on your personal opinions of who is and isn't a faggot. Competition made this game hell and one guild cockblocks all the other players from enjoying the content.
Let's not act like there is one guild cockblocking everyone else from content. When I hit 40 I decided I'd like to get a manastone before they're removed. Glitch of Transcendence was on the camp, so I messaged her to ask to take it over when done, but she had promised it to Jeremy of Transcendence. When I messaged Jeremy he told me in no uncertain terms that I would not be getting access to the manastone camp until Transcendence was done with it, because they would just be passing it back and forth between their members until they had all the stones they wanted.

The next day Spectre (of transcendence of course) was on the camp, and he was to pass it back to Jeremy when he was done. Well he got 2 stones back to back before Jeremy was back online, and after I bugged him for a while about it agreed to pass it to me - but he did ensure I promised that I would get one stone and them immediately pass it back to Transcendence. I never did get a stone from the camp (fuck you evil eye), but did give the camp over to Jeremy when I had to leave for work.

Transcendence has no problem with dominating content to the exclusion of others when they're capable of it, just the same as IB is. As far as I can see they like the rotation primarily because it guarantee's them access to content they otherwise wouldn't be getting, not because they're just a generous bunch who wants to share content.

All this being said I hold no grudge against any Transcendence members since they're just looking out for their own interests and infact get along great with about 95% of their members that I've grouped with, which was many of them while I was leveling up. All I want people to take from this post is that Transcendence and IB are really about the same, they both want as much content for their own guild as they can get. In Transcendence's case that means the rotation is good, and in IB's case that means the rotation is bad.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:21 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zexa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who says anything about loot? We want fairness.

Trans is in a rotation with IB for Vox. Trans has done nothing but wipe to Vox. They have only managed to kill Vox twice after hours of wipes once Vox has been bugged out and her 500 DD AoE removed. They get to keep the loot both times.

I can accept that they are being given the chance to rotate if that's the only option we have, but I would expect that the guild we share it with be required to actually kill the content legitly.
lol, who says we bought the hookers for prostitution, we didn't want to have sex with the hookers (no not us).
whatever you wants the loots and the power. the raid mobs were designed for loot and power. that's why there is an issue and why it can't be fair, unless people put fun before greed.

What's mo fun?:
1. an evening of killing a raid mob and celebrating
or
2. spending entirely too much time and bitching, over raid mobs, so you can be at the top of the rat race with loot and power?

You want fairness. Sorry the world isn't fair and never will be, we're all on the same boat and we all got to live here together. If you want fairness, then struggle hard and show it.

There will be no peace, without justice. and how can we serve justice, when we're a bunch of chickens running around with our heads cut off. look, we're all being retarded, and unless people start standing up and making stuff happen it never will.

Never will happen, unless enough people make it happen.

And that's what the GM's want (that's what we can do for this server if we try). Stand up, do good business or you can't have nice things.

Answer:
Greed and manipulation needs to stop.
Playing Everquest and having fun needs to increase
Raid mobs are a small sandbox, so respect it (or have fun playing in your sandbox full of catshit, wearing you're fancy robes that you had to dig threw a catshitty sandbox to find)

Problems:
Trans and IB feeding and strong rat race, decreasing fun (we gotta get lvls, we gotta get loot, we gotta be the best, we gotta catch em all, gotta gotaa gotttaaaaa AHHHHH!)
GM's over working
Lazy people crying all day

Also, and lastly i would recommend ignoring the trolls, or you will continue argueing over troll issues, and wasting everyone's time. bob and weave through the trolls, and post something useful.
Last edited by cassaruby; 12-17-2009 at 04:55 PM..
Old 12-17-2009, 04:53 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So sharing is based on your personal opinions of who is and isn't a faggot. Competition made this game hell and one guild cockblocks all the other players from enjoying the content.
well yeah. friends share with friends, people do not share with people who they are not on good terms with. does that somehow not make sense to you?

the real issue here is lack of content at this point in time. there's not a lot of raid targets plain and simple and eventually that will change but not for awhile.
i'm all for giving guilds a shot to kill things and even doing a rotation since there is such a lack of content, if said guilds can kill it without exploiting or needing a second guild to win. that being said, i do not hold a leadership position in either guild (I'm not even 50 yet!) and i don't speak for anyone in my guild except myself~ /disclaimer.

everyone on this server is wound waaaaay too tight. you all need to relax. everyone playing on this server has something in common: we all love everquest. it'd be cool if we could stop being jerks to eachother 100% of the time.
Last edited by Seuriu; 12-17-2009 at 04:56 PM..
Old 12-17-2009, 05:14 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cykubis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember a quote somewhere about tears tasting like candy... whatever. At any rate, this thread actually is one of the more pathetic things I've seen in a while.

Seriously, just look at the intensity of all these posts. I hate to break it to you, but we're not professional football players, we're not hiking Mount Everest, and we're not pioneering unknown territories - in a real or virtual world. We're fucking playing Everquest, and on content that is over 10 years old. I'll bet a third of the people posting here aren't even wearing pants.

Now you seriously believe that this is being competitive? Let's see, we can't kill each other, train, KS. So pretty much the competition is what, to mobilize in a zone the fastest? Well, no because in your little world it's OK to just jump ahead of people who are already organized for a kill. So then the competition is the first to engage? That sure sounds fun, two raids sitting on top of each other hoping that when the mob spawns he agroes them first. No, that would just come down to luck and no one could really be called the "best". That leaves FFA, where I guess the competition would be whoever has the highest single group dps group to KS the targets. Sounds pretty stupid, tbh.

Now I'm not saying that one side is right on this issue, these boards have been polluted by completely retarded nonsense by people on both sides of the argument. Honestly I'm fucking embarrassed that gms had to intervene and enforce a rotation, but if people don't want to take their heads out of their asses and actually come up with a compromise, we're probably going to be stuck being babysat even further.

As for this idea that GMs shouldn't have gotten involved. I'd love to believe that was true, but have you happened to look at ooc or the boards in the past month? The animosity between IB and Trans is toxic and will drive away a lot of players who just want to relive some nostalgia. I know it's hard for some of us to believe, but the server doesn't revolve around a single guild or their opinions on how the server should be ran.

Fuck, just because this is a game doesn't mean that we need to act like children.
Quoting this for every page this manbaby argument continues.
Old 12-17-2009, 05:29 PM
Planar Protector

I am glad there will be rotation it is something that does not only benefit Transcendence but will benefit ANY guild that comes up.
Old 12-17-2009, 06:36 PM
Skeleton

keeping raid mobs on rotation might be the silliest thing i ever heard , first come first serve is how its always been ....

i would rather address the issue of 50's claiming camp on entire zones , so silly they feel they have the right to an entire zone while groups of people want to go there get exp and maybe a named spawn, but they can't cause of the greed in some of the Trans and IB players
Closed Thread