Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 02:10 PM
Orc

Default New Servers/Server Wipe

If this has already been thoroughly discussed please post the thread link, because I couldn't find it.

When is a second server going to open so we can have lowbies again. I havn't played for a long time and I thought about something. This server got off to a rocky start, but it's very solid now with the boats and everything.

Wouldn't it be great to play on this server from a solid start with the boats working and possibly mages not being overpowered?

I see the negative side to this being that it would make the current server population smaller and it would cost more in donations. But, we wouldn't have to see the same faces all the time, and I think a second server would provide a unique atmosphere in case you don't like the status quo of the people on the current one?

I know this isn't in the works and it would require annoying amounts of resources, but I think it is interesting to ponder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-02-2010, 03:18 PM
Sarnak

There are lowbies now. I don't know what you're talking about. Perhaps you're looking in the wrong spots? I quickly found out, you just have to be in the right zones. Grouping is done at low levels in Gfay, Crushbone, Befallen, Oasis/Unrest.

I don't see any need for a new server at all, everythign seems to be in balance, minus the inflation on some items.
Old 10-02-2010, 03:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
everythign seems to be in balance
Except mage pets, and maybe other pets, too [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-02-2010, 03:22 PM
Sarnak

I am a newbie and I see plenty of my ilk here.
Old 10-02-2010, 03:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pescador [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Except mage pets, and maybe other pets, too [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why are they so OP? What makes them OP I should say.
Old 10-02-2010, 03:52 PM
Kobold

Maybe it's just me, but I've always had a problem with mage pets.

They seem to tank better than tanks (war/pally/sk) at lower levels until they can afford to buy equipment to get their AC up. Fire Pet AC still needs to be looked at.

And the DS? The highest level DS a druid can cast, 24, is about the equivalent of the level 20 fire pet.

A level 20 pet hits for about 23 damage max, I'd imagine that the damage it does just from attacks would be comparable to the damage from a ranger.

I used to remember pet heals drawing huge amounts of aggro, lots higher than normal heals would. Pet aggro is a little off I think.
Old 10-02-2010, 03:58 PM
Sarnak

Pets seem fine now except for the fire pet DS. I certainly don't remember them getting max-level DS at level 20. Other than that, mage pets were always really strong and they were always able to solo very efficiently with them. Seems like everything is in order except for the inexplicably powerful fire pet self-DS.

And there are plenty of low-levels. Plenty. Maybe not in Befallen and Kerra Isle, but the traditionally crowded zones are still crowded. I see no need whatsoever for a new server, and I doubt the administrators want the added expense and workload of running one anyway.
Last edited by Noselacri; 10-02-2010 at 04:01 PM..
Old 10-02-2010, 06:00 PM
Kobold

Another n00b here, and I know quite a few others...
Old 10-02-2010, 06:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glaani [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Another n00b here, and I know quite a few others...
No shit.... Server wipe????

Die
Old 10-02-2010, 06:10 PM
Sarnak

I don't think this is even something that will be considered int he slightest until we reach an excessive amount of time spent post-velious. When all that CAN be done has been done, and the server begins to dry up, then maybe something drastic like a wipe might be something to talk about. Right now though, it's just goofy...the Devs have put together a great community (and growing too!). No reason to split us up or wipe everyone out because of a few late-comers =P
Closed Thread