Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2018, 03:14 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default WOW - What a Great In-Game Community! Thank You!

It's been about 15 years since I last played EQ and only recently discovered Project 1999.

A couple of days ago I took the leap and created a 'lil Halfling Druid (named Kabbie) starting in Rivervale on the "Blue" PvE server. I was a little disoriented to start with having to relearn game concepts and mechanics, but headed out to Misty Thicket once I got myself sorted.

A few kind higher level players offered buffs to help me start out, but what was totally unexpected was someone offering me some great bracers. A little while later another player offered me some decent armor and mace. Yesterday, yet another person offered me a few other pieces.

To be clear, I was not soliciting anyone, these players approached and offered me these things freely and with no expectation of reciprocal payment. I cannot afford to buy any of the donated pieces nor are they even accessible until I reach level 20 or above. I regret not remembering (or at least writing down) the names of my benefactors but I want to take the opportunity here to thank them - THANK YOU!!!

I'd also like to thank Kielan (my apologies if I misspelled your name) a higher level Druid who literally spent hours yesterday offering buffs to any and all Halfling younglings at the Misty Thicket wall.

What an incredibly supportive in-game community! I hope I will one day have the opportunity to help others as well as those who have helped me over the last few days.
Old 07-06-2018, 11:45 AM
Orc

I've had the same experience. Just an awesome community! I actually just stared a cleric (Meyen) just to start grouping more. I've always just soloed so started a Necro (Augdred Weary) because I've been a bit shy and afraid to group but the community has kind of pulled me out of my shell. I just hope I don't let anyone die do to my lack of experience playing one!

The kindness of others helped me get Augdred to level 24 this weekend and Meyen is now lvl 9. Man does he take a beating soloing! I need to really start grouping soon with him.
Old 07-06-2018, 12:01 PM
Banned

This is what makes P99 such a great experience! I think most players have a story of when they first started out, and somebody gifted them some gear. The P99 experience cannot be beaten. And it's not just nostalgia. It's the fact that a game still exists that is group oriented. You will get nowhere without friends here, and that's what it's all about! Feel free to add me in game!! I'd love to set out on some adventures with you!! Athemis, Bigj, Simetha!
Old 07-07-2018, 03:34 AM
Planar Protector

Threads like these are great to see. Proof that there is a good time ahead for new starters.
Old 07-07-2018, 05:26 AM
Kobold

It's very heartwarming to hear how frequent and commonplace this wonderful mindset of kindness is. After starting three weeks ago, I've very much had similar stories - mysteries strangers, through whispering me randomly, inspecting my character on a pass by, or when seeing me in search of purchasing new gear, have all gone well out of their way to give me so much more than I possibly deserve. I was no one in particular to anyone and yet they were so kind to me. Out of any game I have ever played online, I not ever have had quite the experience and privilege of witnessing this sort of chivalry from others. During this age of the internet, I feel elated that such selfless interest exists among gaming communities and am exceedingly proud to be a gamer among them. Its certainly inspires me to pay it forward for damn sure in any and every way I can.

Thank you guys, both for lauding the wonderful things these people do, as well as thank you to said wonderful people for making one absolute best communities I could possibly ever imagine. You all are amazing people and I wouldn't want it any other way.
Old 07-07-2018, 06:06 AM
Planar Protector

Red face

The Rivervale welfare state is famously strong!

People say P99 has been around too long, that there's too much gear inflation, it's too easy now, yadda yadda. Those guys all have really long beards on their necks. I say there's more and more room for helping people get into and enjoy some EverQuesting without killing themselves IRL for basic gearing. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-07-2018, 12:27 PM
Skeleton

Yep, it's a great community. When I first started my necro I wandered to the tunnel for the first time at about level 5. I was just sitting there watching all the auctions and someone ran up to me an opened a trade window and put a froglok bonecaster's robe hit trade and then just ran off with out saying a word. My Necro is still only level 30, but that robe is still the best of his gear.
Old 07-10-2018, 04:40 AM
Planar Protector

Ronadrum was my first p99 character. I farted around in Gfay until around level 10. I ran to spires broke and with only a few spells and tattered gear pieces. I wanted desperately to see the commonlands again as the old zones no longer exist on EQLive. A kind wizard ported me for free and it was instant nostalgia heaven.

Later that day a level 13 paladin twink in <Blackheart Pirates> inspected me and gave me 50p unsolicited for spells. Kindness on his part ultimately got them a new guildmate.

I’ve been hooked ever since.

The high end drama might suck but the community as a whole is what makes p99 great.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 07-10-2018, 05:54 AM
Sarnak

I am so in love with P99 because of this great community and i am glad i can already hand
some plats to newbes in Nektulos forest for spells on my own.
Giving back something i experienced here in my first days.

Asmodina - Level 39 Wizard << blue >>
Corvinia - Level 51 Druid << green >>
Old 07-10-2018, 02:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadtrip [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I regret not remembering (or at least writing down) the names of my benefactors
If you want to avoid that sort of thing in the future you can set "Log=TRUE" in your eqclient.ini file to make it log every conversation you have (along with anything else you do).

The only caveat is that if you enable logging your log file will grow over time, and every month or two you'll want to delete it or at least rename it, because EQ has issues with extremely long log files.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread