Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2020, 01:38 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Camp Ownership when people leave to sell

I was just wondering what the rules are in terms of camp ownership when people leave it to go sell? I am assuming if they leave the zone the camp is free to anyone but what if they leave the camp and sell in the zone?

For example, I log into the game at sisters camp in lfaydark. No one is there and their is one dead mob that is lootable. I wait a minute a mob pops, no one is there, wait a couple seconds more and no one and then pull the mob. Kiting the mob for a minute or so and another mob appears and grab that too. After about another minute or so someone shows up and sends me a tell saying I should have done a camp check.

So I am just wondering does someone who has a camp and leaves "to sell" but within the zone do they no longer have the right to the camp if someone shows up? and if they still have a right to the camp how much time should pass with them not being at the camp before they lose the right to it?
Old 03-08-2020, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

You should be able to sell list spots and camp ownership for plat.
Old 03-08-2020, 01:53 PM
Planar Protector

You are only required to stay at your camp if you have been made aware that someone else wants the camp, and that person must also stay by the camp or they lose their right to contest for it.

However it does sound a little like he may have taken too long to return to camp. An outdoor spawn like that if stuff stays up multiple minutes most people would consider that an abandoned/lost camp. And from your story it sounds like one of those mobs would have been up for at least 2 minutes. The decision is up to you if you want to potentially engender bad feelings or not, or the eventual Gm petitioning process that may result.

Also CCs mean jack shit.
Old 03-08-2020, 01:53 PM
Sarnak

The camp holder has a "reasonable time" to kill after camp repops. If you know the camp was cleared (like you said you saw bodies on the ground, so you know someone was there), good manners would probably be ~5 minutes after pop.
Old 03-08-2020, 01:56 PM
Planar Protector

On red99 you can politely just kill them and take the camp while generously offering a LNS.
Old 03-08-2020, 02:04 PM
Planar Protector

In Oot there is not one but two merchants to sell to within a 30 second run when on sister island.
Old 03-08-2020, 02:06 PM
Banned

People use the rules to be a dick. If someone is camping something, using a technicality to take it from them is like a lawyer getting someone off of murder because of a procedural error. It’s great for the murderer and overall bad for the community.

If someone is camping something, just go do something else and don’t be a dick.

We all sell. We all poop irl.
Old 03-08-2020, 02:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In Oot there is not one but two merchants to sell to within a 30 second run when on sister island.
What if I am evil, I had a problem with being a necro I had to port to brother isle. The merchant near sister had a KOS ranger who would eat me alive. Or am I just silly and bad at this game and don't know how to sell there?
Old 03-08-2020, 06:00 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Thanks for all the replies.

Not a fan of relying on CC's as I have seen that abused so many times where people claim they have a camp and don't or depending on the zone have a group try to claim multiple camps.

Not looking to abuse rules to be a dick or get people upset, just wanted to know the rule/etiquette for that situation so I know going forward if I come to a camp or I have a camp and need to sell. Glad to know people give a 5 min grace on a camp to go sell. I always assumed once I left a camp, even to go sell, it was free to grab. So I always would push how overweight I could safely be before leaving to sell.
Old 03-08-2020, 06:03 PM
Planar Protector

If you leave to sell and don’t come back before repops you 100% run the risk of losing your camp within the rules...
Closed Thread