Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2020, 06:03 PM
Planar Protector

Thumbs up Can I create a toon with my other toon's name, but backwards?

Let's say I have a toon named Leahcim Noskcaj. Can I create another toon where I reverse the letters of my name to show my 2 toons are linked?

Just curious.
Old 03-11-2020, 06:18 PM
Banned

WTS Manastone 150k
Old 03-11-2020, 06:48 PM
Planar Protector

Nice try.
Old 03-11-2020, 08:23 PM
Planar Protector

I'm just another player, but I think anyone here can agree that there's no rule against having two characters with backwards names from another.. as long as both the forward and backward don't break the other naming rules. Both Leahcim Noskcaj and its reversed counterpart both break the naming rules, and would likely get changed on the spot once a GM actually happened upon it.
Old 03-12-2020, 09:02 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let's say I have a toon named Leahcim Noskcaj. Can I create another toon where I reverse the letters of my name to show my 2 toons are linked?

Just curious.
Given the history, do you think the code here is sophisticated enough to consider that case? Or why would they even care?
Old 03-12-2020, 10:16 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Given the history, do you think the code here is sophisticated enough to consider that case? Or why would they even care?
OP is just throwing around thinly veiled shade.

If p99 staff cracked down on all the silly names out there to the letter of the rules as listed we'd be down at least 1/4 the population.

Instead the forum trolls here prefer their cherry picking, and then get sad when we don't buy their cherry pies.

I think we should start a betting pool on when we see a third petition where Archonus and Archalus are accused of boxing.

(For the unfamiliar: one's a paladin in DMO, one's a cleric in DMO; they have similar names. They are played by people in different parts of the country and I have talked to them at the same time in Discord. One has been confused for the other multiple times. They have been petitioned where they have been accused of boxing, twice.)
Old 03-12-2020, 01:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benanov [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If p99 staff cracked down on all the silly names out there to the letter of the rules as listed we'd be down at least 1/4 the population.
Wait, why would people getting their names changed decrease the population? When people get petitioned for their name, they don't get banned. They just get their name changed.

I do not believe 1/4 of the population would quit because their name got changed.
Old 03-12-2020, 01:28 PM
Planar Protector

@OP backwards naming is the first step towards elf friendship.

Thank you for taking the first step towards this momentous enlightenment. May Erollisi Marr bless you with her love and kindness.
Old 03-12-2020, 01:39 PM
Fire Giant

Go outside dude....
Old 03-12-2020, 05:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wait, why would people getting their names changed decrease the population? When people get petitioned for their name, they don't get banned. They just get their name changed.

I do not believe 1/4 of the population would quit because their name got changed.
100% of people who have their names changed quit forever.
Closed Thread