Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2016, 03:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilist_santa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The families lawyer has released video recorded by the victim's wife at the time of the incident. It doesn't show the shooting directly but once again the person was not being compliant. Officers shouting several times to drop the gun. The man's wife telling him to comply and work with the officers.

http://www.nytimes.com/video/us/1000...charlotte.html

LOL @ ambulamps. Tragic someone died by being difficult with the police but I cant help but laugh at that every time I hear it.
SOMEONE GET DAT BOY SOME MILK!
Old 09-23-2016, 03:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angushjalmur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Argument annihilated

nothing personnel, kid
i don't really have an argument, and i fully understand that cops face dangers and they should protect themselves.

My point is why not release the video when there's obviously doubts about what happened ? Also, from what i read, the guys were looking for someone (that wasn't the victim) and happened to shoot the guy ? why ? because he had (what they think was, until proven) a gun ? in a open-carry state..? Maybe they made a mistake in the heat of the moment ? and that's understandable, they're still human beings, right ?

The real thing is neither you, or me, or the family knows what happened. We can only believe what the cops say about it, and i'm sorry but it wouldn't be the first time that they would lie to cover their asses.

There's a video about what happened that can put the whole thing to rest, but let's not release it ? that's the part that's fucked up. I'm not defending the rioters (who should be prosecuted), or the guy that died, or the cops here, i'm defending the seek of truth. Like we all should.

..of course, you can just say "err, he's black, so he deserved it". Which is exactly what some cops think. Which is why some of this stuff happens. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

GREEN: Ineluki - Human Shadow Knight of Inoruuk

lulz
Old 09-23-2016, 05:13 PM
Fire Giant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvHD8rtR63M

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

lulz
Old 09-23-2016, 05:16 PM
Banned

The guy had a traumatic brain injury. Which means a guy that normally would comply with police, might have gotten really scattered when they all surrounded him and started shouting. It seems like their has to be a better way to deal with situations like this.

Even if he was some nut with an illegal gun (not confirmed)
Old 09-23-2016, 05:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The guy had a traumatic brain injury. Which means a guy that normally would comply with police, might have gotten really scattered when they all surrounded him and started shouting. It seems like their has to be a better way to deal with situations like this.

This is a reasonable point and could gain support. A riot / chimp out will never accomplish this

Hope this helps!
Old 09-23-2016, 05:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Got an article I might release here in photographed format (its printed in a major paper).

Long story short, you guys will really like the social commentary of it. It hits on exactly what you just mentioned.

It involves a serious incident where a young white person was making terroristic threats, claimed a gun, and had a gun confirmed to be on his hip by SWAT. They didn't shoot him, he tried to ignite a gas station pump, and then he drove his car into a SWAT armored AV unit, then he jumped out and drew on the police.

He drew the gun and they took him down safely with tazer, dogs (got his calf in his mouth) and other safe measures with non-lethal rounds fired into his body to cause maximum trauma.

Should I photograph the story and post it? It was a 4 hour standoff and involved advanced planning and tactics to take him down.

Including stun grenades thrown into his car. If no one wants to read it I won't bother.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 09-23-2016, 05:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Got an article I might release here in photographed format (its printed in a major paper).

Long story short, you guys will really like the social commentary of it. It hits on exactly what you just mentioned.

It involves a serious incident where a young white person was making terroristic threats, claimed a gun, and had a gun confirmed to be on his hip by SWAT. They didn't shoot him, he tried to ignite a gas station pump, and then he drove his car into a SWAT armored AV unit, then he jumped out and drew on the police.

He drew the gun and they took him down safely with tazer, dogs (got his calf in his mouth) and other safe measures with non-lethal rounds fired into his body to cause maximum trauma.

Should I photograph the story and post it?
i don't know exactly what are SWAT but if they're like french GIGN, they're like elite cops for counter terrorism or hostages situations etc ..? if so they're highly trained to react and not "panic" in dire situations (ex: marignane plane hostages in 94, gunfire in a crowded plane, all terrorists dead, no casualties in the hostages, only one serious wounded in GIGN), which is way different than a regular cop..

lulz
Old 09-23-2016, 06:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarnauga [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i don't know exactly what are SWAT but if they're like french GIGN, they're like elite cops for counter terrorism or hostages situations etc ..? if so they're highly trained to react and not "panic" in dire situations (ex: marignane plane hostages in 94, gunfire in a crowded plane, all terrorists dead, no casualties in the hostages, only one serious wounded in GIGN), which is way different than a regular cop..
SWAT isn't elite

There was a murder-suicide on my block about 4 months ago and they called SWAT. I step outside with my Australian shepherd to take him for a walk and the guy puts his ar-15 in my face and starts screaming for me to get inside. These dumb fucks didn't knock on our doors to tell us there's an active shooter and then got pissed when I tried to walk my dog

We have SWAT teams pretty much everywhere. It just means "special weapons and tactics," but in practice, they aren't any better than our normal police and are organized by the local police departments. If I were litigious I would've sued this ass hole for putting his gun in my face but I was fine telling his commander that they need to learn what the fuck they're doing before they shoot a civilian. They told me I looked suspicious. I was wearing a Dallas Cowboys shirt, am brown, and had a well groomed Australian shepherd with me. I basically looked like every Mexican in the entire state, and the cop in question was w Mexican too

Basically, American cops have no training and SWAT isn't any better
Old 09-23-2016, 06:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
SWAT isn't elite

There was a murder-suicide on my block about 4 months ago and they called SWAT. I step outside with my Australian shepherd to take him for a walk and the guy puts his ar-15 in my face and starts screaming for me to get inside. These dumb fucks didn't knock on our doors to tell us there's an active shooter and then got pissed when I tried to walk my dog

We have SWAT teams pretty much everywhere. It just means "special weapons and tactics," but in practice, they aren't any better than our normal police and are organized by the local police departments. If I were litigious I would've sued this ass hole for putting his gun in my face but I was fine telling his commander that they need to learn what the fuck they're doing before they shoot a civilian. They told me I looked suspicious. I was wearing a Dallas Cowboys shirt, am brown, and had a well groomed Australian shepherd with me. I basically looked like every Mexican in the entire state, and the cop in question was w Mexican too

Alright I am going to photograph the entire article and ordeal (Includes a picture of the perpetrator).

This just happened yesterday so its a fresh story with an active terror suspect. The terror suspect worked at a mental hospital. He called police from the Cumberland Farms gas station and said "Get down here, I'm planning something big". The first responder was threatened and told to "Back the fuck up, I have a gun. I'm running the show." The cop complied and called for SWAT.

The perp proceeded to his car and sat in it at the gas pump, then he got out during talks with a negotiator and tried to ignite the pump with a torch lighter.

When that failed he was allowed to get back into his car. The negotiation lasted a long time. SWAT sneaked up on his car and surveyed the situation, they saw the handle of a gun on his waist. They devised a plan to assault him safely incase he was trying to shoot.

They drove 1 armored car in front of him, and one in back of him to block him safely with vantage points to assault him.

He attempted to ram the AV, that's when SWAT snuck up on him and smashed his window out and threw a stun grenade in his car. He got out disoriented and deaf, he couldn't see. The dog was sent in from a safe vantage point and tore into his leg while another sniper fired non-lethal rounds into his body, as he began to fall down he drew the gun, but he was too rocked and in such pain that SWAT was able to close the distance and fire a tazer into his body to finish him off.

That is advanced planning and tactics.

I think its relevant to this thread and since you posted this, I think the story also speaks to how there IS trained SWAT and you are making a generalization because you are angry you were mistreated.

I see some bias here.

He is in the hospital now with permanent leg wounds for the rest of his life, and non-lethal bruises and breaks in his ribs that will heal, but he is ALIVE. HE IS ALIVE. He had a breakdown and now he gets a second chance at life. They didn't have to shoot him. That's the point of the example. There are ways to handle active threats that don't result in death. And yet we are killing people for what?

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Last edited by AzzarTheGod; 09-23-2016 at 06:28 PM..
Old 09-23-2016, 06:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
SWAT isn't elite

get a klondike bar tattoo so the next cop will know you're one of the good ones
Closed Thread