Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 04-04-2024, 08:00 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpathEQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why should you be handed a camp that is clearly already camped?

What are you doing hanging out by the zone in when that whole area is already being swarmed?

Why are you even in Velks in the first place?

I don't share the same concerns with a bard swarm kiting there because there is really no reason that it would be an issue. Anything in velks worth camping is away from the area a swarming bard would be pulling from, swarming, ect.

I would advise not standing in the bard's swarm path uselessly staring at them killing mobs (this applies to every zone not just velks) while crying about how you can only get exp if you get good. These servers aren't exactly crowded there are plenty of places you can go to exp free from interruption.
That is the most moronic logic I've ever heard. Why am I at zone in? Because I can be and that's where I choose to level. Why should I who has been at a camp spot for hours have to deal with a new bard entering the zone taking everything despite the camp being claimed by you. Why is it fair to me that I'm exping perfectly fine no issues to have a bard come in pulling above and below you despite saying its camped. Do you now understand how foolish your statement was? Its one thing if I enter a zone and its already being swarmed its a completely different situation when I've been in said zone for hours to have it sniped from a bard who just wants to make plat.

Lets not leave out the fact that I can calmly try and speak with the bard about boundaries to be told oh if you want that named you better paci the mobs. So I'm having to paci my already held down camp and losing more mobs above because pathing is so bad that it yanks everything. I should not have to paci my own camp just to hold it down when I've been there for a long time.
Last edited by nvidor; 04-04-2024 at 08:05 PM..
Old 04-05-2024, 10:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpathEQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Why are you even in Velks in the first place?
velk has a great zem and it isnt karnors, is convenient to town and ring - ent has enough mobs to support a larger group pulling all the trash up towards CE

could be utilized a lot more

send the bards elsewhere

pretty cringe post by you honestly
Last edited by Toxigen; 04-05-2024 at 10:03 AM..
Old 04-05-2024, 01:23 PM
Planar Protector

I'd love for them to bring DN back
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 04-05-2024, 03:41 PM
Sarnak

+1000

Ban bard swarms in dungeons.

Bard swarms in velks/DN is pretty much the same thing as chardok AOE groups. Just 1 person is doing it and running in a circle.

Summoning spiders in velks will make it harder for chanters/bards/druids/shamans that kill there solo. So IDK about this.

I'd recommend a server rule.

If dungeon swarms are banned... where will these jokers move to though? Let's consider second order effects.
Old 04-05-2024, 05:32 PM
Planar Protector

Can't wait for another nerf to bards. Happens almost as much as Dark and Darker.
Old 04-05-2024, 05:45 PM
Planar Protector

Go play an instanced server imo
Insane how many ppl hate instanced content but rage at ppl being in their zones
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 04-05-2024, 08:41 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Go play an instanced server imo
Insane how many ppl hate instanced content but rage at ppl being in their zones
When I'm the first person at the camp and I have been there for hours why should I have to ask a bard to not mess with the mobs I have been killing for hours? Why should I have to go play an instanced server because a bard wants to make plat? How about they out there and farm hill giants and ice giants and all the other complete legit plat farms. Not ruin someones morning because they are gonna make 200k for 1 level on the person they are power leveling. So they get rewarded x3 they run off the person at their camp and they get paid 200k and they get the loot from said camp. All we are asking for here is some courtesy.

Do you think I would be here wasting my time if the bards I would speak with doing it compromised or not told me to paci my own camp if I want it. If I could be spoken to in a civil manner then this would not be happening. But, a ton of them are just some elite raiding guild bard who thinks they own the server and all the mobs and can do as they please. So here us little guys are asking for a change since 90% of those bards do not wish to communicate positively but instead demand you to do things to keep your own camp. Sounds quite logical for me to move servers for asking for courtesy I suppose.
Old 04-05-2024, 09:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by busted [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Summoning spiders in velks will make it harder for chanters/bards/druids/shamans that kill there solo. So IDK about this.

I'd recommend a server rule.
They should be harder, those Frenzy / CE spiders are made of paper. For example the Frenzied Broodling hits for 155 max. The Brood Master hits for 260, unstunnable, summons, and his rare drops are worse.

I think the ease of a camp also encourages degenerate behavior where some meth-head can monopolize it for like 14 hours a day.
Old 04-05-2024, 10:08 PM
Sarnak

nvidor is correct. Has nothing to do with other people in the zone. Has everything to do with zone interference.

The swarming bard can't control the mobs and they train into other camps and take mobs. Or the spiders fall, or they get stuck in a zig zag aggro loop.

All and all very bad.

I had a heck of a time trying to level there with my SK when bards kept training spiders into my active kills.

The more the merrier are welcome in Velks. You just camp monopolize the entire zone and cause chaos to others around you.

Velks is now off limits to bard swarms. Tell your friends.
Old 04-08-2024, 08:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They should be harder, those Frenzy / CE spiders are made of paper. For example the Frenzied Broodling hits for 155 max. The Brood Master hits for 260, unstunnable, summons, and his rare drops are worse.

I think the ease of a camp also encourages degenerate behavior where some meth-head can monopolize it for like 14 hours a day.
like horza lol