Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2019, 11:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
make a donation to your local opioid addiction treatment center then.

if you want to honor brad in game, have everyone gather in EC and equip a torch or something. Keep his classic Vision(tm) as memorialized in p99 classic.
Are you implying that his death was the result of a drug overdose?
Old 11-20-2019, 12:00 PM
Banned

A traveling immune NPC Aradune walking throughout Norrath across zones would be a fitting memorial. I’d like to see this done.
Old 11-20-2019, 12:15 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulz Sect [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A traveling immune NPC Aradune walking throughout Norrath across zones would be a fitting memorial. I’d like to see this done.
This as a Ranger wandering the Karanas at the very least. Accessable to everyone this way.
Old 11-20-2019, 12:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This as a Ranger wandering the Karanas at the very least. Accessable to everyone this way.
Would be kind of cool to just have him randomly spawn in different zones and run around, like the old days! lol
Old 11-20-2019, 12:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrrhica [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
These servers are a far cry from classic. Nice troll.
Closest experience to the live launch I've ever had
Old 11-20-2019, 12:41 PM
Planar Protector

I think it's a cool idea and that if Brad could be asked he would be honored. Would probably be a while before staff put something like this in, they'd want to do it right. Also dumb question but would they have to get some kind of OK from daybreak, is the Aradune likeness part of the IP for EQ? I'm assuming so.
Old 11-20-2019, 01:20 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think it's a cool idea and that if Brad could be asked he would be honored. Would probably be a while before staff put something like this in, they'd want to do it right. Also dumb question but would they have to get some kind of OK from daybreak, is the Aradune likeness part of the IP for EQ? I'm assuming so.
Aradune is Brad's own character and his internet handle. He's used it across Verant, SOE, Sigil, and VR.
Old 11-20-2019, 01:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordpazuzu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aradune is Brad's own character and his internet handle. He's used it across Verant, SOE, Sigil, and VR.
Yes, I understand that. But does whoever owns IP rights to EQ own the IP rights to characters created there? Obviously a name only isn't sufficient, but adding in the likeness to the EQ character he had? I thought there might be some legal grey area here.
Old 11-20-2019, 01:54 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firepuff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just add him as a customer in the mcquaid bar in halas.

When you hail him, he responds with:

"ahh!" he smiles, while taking a sip from his mug. "Just resting my legs here a bit, before I move on to my next grand adventure"

or something like that? nothing fancy. That way he could also be on those servers that won't get eloborate custom content.
This made me tear up a bit. Sad day.
Closed Thread