Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2021, 02:10 PM
Aviak

Default Greetings Adventurers

I took a long break, well, it wasn't a break... I thought I could leave forever. But here I am now dusting off the old disc's and downloading the patch. I'm kinda excited. I left shortly after Green and Teal merged and Planes of Fear opened up. I remember lot's of guilds battling it out racing to dragons, training each other in Fear, so much drama, so much fun! Anyways, maybe someone might remember me, maybe not. I'm thinking of starting a fresh character, if anyone wants to join me then let me know. I'll normally be playing between 8pm - midnight GMT time.
Old 11-09-2021, 04:40 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Welcome back!
Old 11-09-2021, 06:24 PM
Sarnak

Hi. Fear is by far the best plane pre-POP! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-09-2021, 07:53 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgeharrison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Welcome back!
Many thanks!
Old 11-09-2021, 07:55 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi. Fear is by far the best plane pre-POP! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh definitely, had so much fun! Unfortunately my laptop at the time was a potato so it was really struggling when the zone got full. I'm back with a new machine though now! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-10-2021, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

Whenever I had everquest running on a laptop I say to myself "Holy fuck this thing is running on a laptop!!! I Can everquest ANYWHERE!!!"

Because in 1999 it was so far fetched to have like a 5000 dollar executives thinkpad and somehow an internet connection that would allow laptop use possible.

How far we've come.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-10-2021, 02:45 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Whenever I had everquest running on a laptop I say to myself "Holy fuck this thing is running on a laptop!!! I Can everquest ANYWHERE!!!"

Because in 1999 it was so far fetched to have like a 5000 dollar executives thinkpad and somehow an internet connection that would allow laptop use possible.

How far we've come.
haha, so true. I've been in EC all day shilling old gear in the tunnel whilst sat on the sofa playing dinosaurs with my kiddo. Very convenient these days
Old 11-10-2021, 02:52 PM
Planar Protector

I'll go on my blue account and give u platinubs so u can play dinosaurs for real and play eq after hours.
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread