Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2019, 05:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convict [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
disgusting how many people going horde

shits gonna be lopsided as fuck congrats on the easy path
Yea, I don't think you know what you're saying. Word on the block is Blood Legion is going alliance on Herod. So it's probably going to be more like a little more alliance or close to even. But with all of the drugs going around here you guys process things a little differently than I do.

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 08-20-2019, 05:17 PM
Banned

Rollin alliance here! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Always have!
Old 08-20-2019, 05:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea, I don't think you know what you're saying. Word on the block is Blood Legion is going alliance on Herod. So it's probably going to be more like a little more alliance or close to even. But with all of the drugs going around here you guys process things a little differently than I do.
blood legion? so one guild going alliance makes them more populated?

Im judging my opinion completely based off the people that I know on this server and from past legacy servers, the sheer amount of "going horde" posts all over the internet, and the Horde guild threads recruiting on the wow classic forums. From my perspective its easily 2:1 if not more just based off those things. I've seen several polls that show it anywhere from 60:40 upwards of 70:30 in favor of horde on Herod too.

From how I understand it blood legion is a live wow guild. Their success there isnt guaranteed to translate to dominance on wow classic. I think you underestimate how many guilds from vanilla private servers are going horde that I know of, and have been playing vanilla wow for like the past decade on various vanilla private servers and have pretty much gotten it down to a science. I'm sure it wont be exactly the same but it will be pretty close and they will only have to make minor tweaks to the few differences.

But hey man I hope I am wrong and its more even, I really do, but my past experiences from almost every vanilla wow server I've played on has taught me differently.
Old 08-20-2019, 05:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convict [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
blood legion? so one guild going alliance makes them more populated?

Im judging my opinion completely based off the people that I know on this server and from past legacy servers, the sheer amount of "going horde" posts all over the internet, and the Horde guild threads recruiting on the wow classic forums. From my perspective its easily 2:1 if not more just based off those things. I've seen several polls that show it anywhere from 60:40 upwards of 70:30 in favor of horde on Herod too.

From how I understand it blood legion is a live wow guild. Their success there isnt guaranteed to translate to dominance on wow classic. I think you underestimate how many guilds from vanilla private servers are going horde that I know of, and have been playing vanilla wow for like the past decade on various vanilla private servers and have pretty much gotten it down to a science. I'm sure it wont be exactly the same but it will be pretty close and they will only have to make minor tweaks to the few differences.

But hey man I hope I am wrong and its more even, I really do, but my past experiences from almost every vanilla wow server I've played on has taught me differently.
Just from my experience on Elysium, Nost, Lights Hope, etc. Alliance always comes hard. Alliance has the class advantage in BG's, raids, etc. Paladins are more versatile than Shamans. Most people know this and the hardcores always go Alliance for that sole reason. They want a server first. People always piggy back from there.
Old 08-20-2019, 07:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallzDeep [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just from my experience on Elysium, Nost, Lights Hope, etc. Alliance always comes hard. Alliance has the class advantage in BG's, raids, etc. Paladins are more versatile than Shamans. Most people know this and the hardcores always go Alliance for that sole reason. They want a server first. People always piggy back from there.
I'll agree that the best overall premades are usually alliance. Alliance may also have a class advantage with paladins but overall horde racials are better especially for 1v1 and mass world pvp, excluding gnome, which most people will just pick a horde char over them anyways because gnomes look stupid and aesthetics still has a huge influence over a lot of players when it comes time to make a char, which is the reason why there's usually way more humans than gnomes or dwarves despite them having much better racial abilities. But my argument is purely about faction disproportion, its not about which faction has the better advantage in specific areas. From a purely numbers standpoint so far horde seems to be dominating on most of the PVP servers. Time will tell but early indicators show it that way
Old 08-20-2019, 07:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I made 3 chars on alliance side RP-PvP server, thinking I'd want to play paladin. But now I'm second-guessing myself, wondering if I should go horde side and play some kinda undead character...

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah man! More for grobbulous alliance! You don’t wanna play a nasty over rated undead character anyway!

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 08-20-2019, 08:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duvain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Undead were one of the original horde races, blood elves were added in TBC.

Ahh okay, I did not play WoW very much so I'm not very familiar with it. Thanks for the clear up
Old 08-21-2019, 07:10 PM
Planar Protector

Exclamation

Why would there be more horde than alliance?

In classic I feel like most people go alliance because all the horde races are ugly. And on pretty much every RP server there's a lot more RP going on alliance side bc it's easier to RP with the classic human/dwarf/elf fantasy background to work with.
Old 08-21-2019, 07:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why would there be more horde than alliance?

In classic I feel like most people go alliance because all the horde races are ugly. And on pretty much every RP server there's a lot more RP going on alliance side bc it's easier to RP with the classic human/dwarf/elf fantasy background to work with.
There's most likely not going to be. Plus alliance have paladins. That's a pretty solid advantage. Hence why the top raid guild during classic is rolling alliance. Dude has no clue what he's talking about.

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 08-21-2019, 08:24 PM
Aviak

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1638685106

Every PvP server has a horde majority...
Closed Thread