Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2015, 11:59 PM
Aviak

How do we know he wasn't an Isis recruiter? Being serious.
Old 11-23-2015, 12:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayeatts [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Being serious.
I bet you are

:O)
Old 11-23-2015, 12:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayeatts [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For example, 2 days ago during the hotel siege in Mali, gunmen stormed the hotel shouting "Allah Akbar" according to a witness behind the desk.

That phrase brings into people's brings images of death and destruction, families torn apart, lives ruined.

Nobody should have to see a name like that while they are just trying to play Everquest.
I don't think they ever changed Parge Lenis or a bunch of other "questionables"...
Old 11-23-2015, 12:13 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think they ever changed Parge Lenis or a bunch of other "questionables"...

I don't think parge lenis even compares. That's just inappropriate because it references a private body part.

Allah Akbar is a trademark slogan commonly said right before hideous acts of violence against innocent civilians.

Death and destruction to innocent people > inappropriate reference to body part
Last edited by rayeatts; 11-23-2015 at 12:15 AM..
Old 11-23-2015, 12:15 AM
Planar Protector

But wouldn't it be racist if western governments, games or anything else censored it? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] (yes I'm trolling lol)
Old 11-23-2015, 12:18 AM
Aviak

Ahhhh, thank you. I was getting too serious.
Old 11-23-2015, 02:18 AM
Banned

ITT bad opinions from dumb people
Old 11-23-2015, 03:00 AM
Banned

Location: ✿Kohai in the Streets, Senpai in the Sheets❤( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Send a message via ICQ to Xaanka Send a message via AIM to Xaanka Send a message via Yahoo to Xaanka

this would have never happened on the red server;; maybe itse time you considered red??
Old 11-23-2015, 10:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please accept my most sincerest apologies for not posting seriously about the imminent threat posed by SHARIA LAW
A threat that is not imminent is no less a threat. I agree it is highly unlikely that the federal government will implement sharia law anytime soon. However we live in a representative democracy in which citizens are afforded a say In their own governance. At the very least that means Sharia is permitted a measure of influence no matter how small. The more adherents that we admit, the greater that influence becomes. Islam also advocates large families, which further amplifies the influence.

It is obvious that you do not agree with Sharia law, but the threat it poses via the values held by Muslims is very real and should not be ignored simply because it is unlikely to be enacted as law. A far more benign illustration if this is social conservative views on abortion. Is it likely the Federal government will outlaw abortions anytime soon? No. Do social conservatives play a role in shaping related law?

Now it may well be that surrounding Muslims with Western culture will temper their beliefs, but that has not been well demonstrated and it is reasonable to attribute that failure of assimilation to flaws in the text the religion is based on. If you have not read any of the Koran I would encourage you to do so.
Old 11-23-2015, 11:07 AM
Banned

Weve got about 30 years to sort our shit out

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/salt-wat...-seen-by-2048/

My money is on people fixating on racist shit until its too late
Closed Thread