Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2019, 06:30 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by larper99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seriously though the creation of a custom client is several man-years of effort. We're talking full time employment of a team of veteran engine programmers for months and months and months, minimum, and that's not even counting all the necessary reverse engineering. It's not happening.
Old 10-22-2019, 07:03 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlankDiploma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seriously though the creation of a custom client is several man-years of effort. We're talking full time employment of a team of veteran engine programmers for months and months and months, minimum, and that's not even counting all the necessary reverse engineering. It's not happening.
Just making sure the absurd gets asked at least once. Just in case it isn't so absurd.
Old 10-22-2019, 07:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by larper99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just making sure the absurd gets asked at least once. Just in case it isn't so absurd.
https://youtu.be/k1IrZ4dayqU?t=4

Lich (56+ Heretic)
Zelda (45 Shaman)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
silence, 'hardcore scum'
Old 10-22-2019, 07:27 PM
Large Rat

i fell out of the treehouse in g fay and i cant loot my body or drag it is this normal
Old 10-22-2019, 07:48 PM
Sarnak

I just went into DE illusion last night for the first time and fell in love with this new lighting. Super immersive. Cant wait to see it all finished. A++
If anyone has any room to grief, its Rogean. Nuff said.

P1999 Custom Desktop Launcher Icons
Old 10-22-2019, 09:35 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaruiryujin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i fell out of the treehouse in g fay and i cant loot my body or drag it is this normal
This is not a general bug/help thread, please post elsewhere.
Old 10-22-2019, 10:41 PM
Sarnak

Human carrying a small lantern in secondary slot. Placing a fire beetle eye in any of my eight general inventory slots actually reduces light level. Looks like fire beetle eye light level is taking precedence.
Last edited by dekova; 10-22-2019 at 10:46 PM..
Old 10-22-2019, 10:55 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekova [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Human carrying a small lantern in secondary slot. Placing a fire beetle eye in any of my eight general inventory slots actually reduces light level. Looks like fire beetle eye light level is taking precedence.
That's likely because it has a wider radius, despite the lower brightness. Not much to be done about that. There's no way to combine player light sources.
Old 10-23-2019, 06:40 AM
Planar Protector

So yesterday I ran around with a candle and a torch with a human and an erudite to finish up testing darkness. I have to say that it looks great! The platform to boat area is much improved and you can actually see now.

I will say this though. I did encounter some odd things. The one thing in Neriak that i encountered I will not report yet cause I don't know if it was a fluke thing or a lighting thing. But the thing I will report is, I jumped off of the boat in Erudin's Crossing last night and when I went underwater, it was very bright and clear. It almost looked as if I was flying rather than swimming. I could see the bottom of the ocean and all.

It looks incredible though guys! You really did a great job with this darkness thing!
Old 10-23-2019, 08:18 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So yesterday I ran around with a candle and a torch with a human and an erudite to finish up testing darkness. I have to say that it looks great! The platform to boat area is much improved and you can actually see now.

I will say this though. I did encounter some odd things. The one thing in Neriak that i encountered I will not report yet cause I don't know if it was a fluke thing or a lighting thing. But the thing I will report is, I jumped off of the boat in Erudin's Crossing last night and when I went underwater, it was very bright and clear. It almost looked as if I was flying rather than swimming. I could see the bottom of the ocean and all.

It looks incredible though guys! You really did a great job with this darkness thing!
Was your character a prexus worshipper? They get innate ocean vision.
Closed Thread