Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2019, 08:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by soronil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was your character a prexus worshipper? They get innate ocean vision.
That's a great question. I rush-created him cause I didn't care, so it is quite possible that I did choose Prexus. I had no idea they get that special feature.
Old 10-23-2019, 08:39 AM
Sarnak

Except I think it was called aquavision
Old 10-23-2019, 08:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magusfire24 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Except I think it was called aquavision
I will test it again on Thursday night.
Old 10-23-2019, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlankDiploma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have no illusions about delivering a perfect implementation of classic darkness. But we're very, very close, and I will be happy if we can get to "good enough" for the vast majority of the player base.

Some people trying to run the game through a Windows 95 emulator running on a raspberry pi connected to the display on their Samsung Smart Fridge might be disappointed, but there's nothing I can realistically do for them.
So are you saying the people in that new thread from today who are saying there's no real difference between human vision and infravision are reporting something that will already be fixed by Friday?
Old 10-23-2019, 01:59 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So are you saying the people in that new thread from today who are saying there's no real difference between human vision and Infravision are reporting something that will already be fixed by Friday?
No, as I explained in that thread, those people need to adjust their local system settings because it's impossible to provide an Infravision that will satisfy everybody.

Infravision works fine, it provides a significant boost to minimum nighttime visibility. I MIGHT tweak it a little bit more, but certainly not enough to satisfy people who claim that there's "no difference" between human and Infravision, which is just silly.

If you have evidence that Infravision is actually not applying in certain areas or under certain circumstances, please provide screenshots and a /loc. That's actionable. "There is no difference between Infravision and human vision" is patently false and not actionable.
Old 10-23-2019, 02:04 PM
Planar Protector

Lol anyone saying that has not yet logged on a human in the dark. Its skerry.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-23-2019, 05:18 PM
Planar Protector

Ogguk and Feerrott look good too!
Old 10-23-2019, 06:25 PM
Fire Giant

Yesterday I was on CR in Frontier Mtns on a human cleric. I cranked the gamma up to be able to see and was getting around mostly fine until I got close to the Dreadlands zone line when the entire game world went completely flat, pitch-black. I wish I had remembered to take a screenshot or video. Having the gamma turned up did nothing. There were no textures or shading on anything, the entire world was just flat black and all I could see was some skybox when I looked up thru the trees. Fumbling around and using sense heading and /loc I was able to get close enough to the DL tunnel that I saw its light piercing thru the vast nothingness. Once I got in the tunnel the game fixed itself, and also it was getting close to dawn, so that might have fixed it too

Plush Bufnstuf
Old 10-23-2019, 07:13 PM
Kobold

Should this work in Kunark yet?
Old 10-23-2019, 07:20 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by larper99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Should this work in Kunark yet?
Hasn't been extensively tested in Kunark, but it should work, yes.
Closed Thread