Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2019, 03:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiQuid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not gonna lie, I'm not a fan
Why?
Old 10-24-2019, 03:45 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiQuid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not gonna lie, I'm not a fan
Playing a low-vision race with no light source in the dead of night isn't supposed to be good. It's supposed to be bad. There are many spells and items available to you to help you see.

This is the equivalent of trying to play a melee character with no armor equipped and saying "I take too much damage, I don't like it"

Unless I misunderstand your feedback and you're talking about something other than the level of darkness.

Edit: On closer inspection of your screenshot, it looks like you might actually have a light source equipped - in which case, no, that is NOT how it's supposed to look.

Have you disabled dynamic lighting? It needs to be enabled.
Last edited by BlankDiploma; 10-24-2019 at 03:47 PM..
Old 10-24-2019, 03:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by magusfire24 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They already said that the lighting shaders dont work on blue yet right?
I figured that it was easier to think for his patches to get combined somehow from green>blue than it is for him to get a custom UI installed...
If anyone has any room to grief, its Rogean. Nuff said.

P1999 Custom Desktop Launcher Icons
Old 10-24-2019, 05:38 PM
Kobold

I made a human necro, im in Qaynos and a coldlight spell (stone) , fire beetle eye or the candle I started with have zero light at night. Is that normal?
Old 10-24-2019, 05:53 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRiCiDE [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I made a human necro, im in Qaynos and a coldlight spell (stone) , fire beetle eye or the candle I started with have zero light at night. Is that normal?
No, it's not normal. Have you previously disabled dynamic lighting on Blue? (by running the command /dyn off)

Open eqclient.ini and make sure ShowDynamicLights = true
Old 10-24-2019, 05:57 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlankDiploma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, it's not normal. Have you previously disabled dynamic lighting on Blue? (by running the command /dyn off)

Ill do that now, thank you for your time!
Old 10-24-2019, 06:04 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlankDiploma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It now works, thanks! <3
Old 10-24-2019, 10:30 PM
Planar Protector

Human in Qeynos noob area I’ve tried multiple light sources, candle, lantern, mags summoned stone, and now light stones off willowisps. None of them work at all. What’s up with this?
Old 10-25-2019, 02:59 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Playing a low-vision race with no light source in the dead of night isn't supposed to be good. It's supposed to be bad. There are many spells and items available to you to help you see.

This is the equivalent of trying to play a melee character with no armor equipped and saying "I take too much damage, I don't like it"

Unless I misunderstand your feedback and you're talking about something other than the level of darkness.

Edit: On closer inspection of your screenshot, it looks like you might actually have a light source equipped - in which case, no, that is NOT how it's supposed to look.

Have you disabled dynamic lighting? It needs to be enabled.
The reason I don't like it isn't because "it's dark" it's because it's not just dark lighting, or even a lack of light, it just removed all the textures of everything in the game and made it a solid black color with no way of knowing what is near you. No amount of gamma raising makes any texture there that is black visible. It doesn't just make the game "bad" to play in that state, it makes it literally unplayable. Maybe the screenshot isn't doing it justice, but moving around with the lighting being like that feels quite literally broken, like the game world exists but completely invisible

edit: I just checked and dynamic lighting is enabled

Plush Bufnstuf
Last edited by LiQuid; 10-25-2019 at 03:01 AM..
Old 10-25-2019, 04:46 AM
Orc

why is very blue armor now very green?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]