Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2019, 09:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthmuhh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tee Hee, he said rogues had low hp/ac...made me snottle ... Rogues are back up tanks on dragons =D Been there done that...Muhh 60 rogue 5700 hp buffed
Was excluding the ToV geared ones. Mainly referring to kubark and before
Old 10-26-2019, 09:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I was bummed about launching velious here when we were in crippled zero pop mode.

Obviously PVP doesn't actually end but the gear gets so over the top that the strategies degrade. Thats why I like vanilla the best.
Classic gets real stale. Kubark is the pinnacle imo
Old 10-26-2019, 12:11 PM
Planar Protector

For me with limited hours I like how much easier it is to BIS in classic and that BIS vs limp rags isn't such a disparity.

+15 all stats +100hp items in all slots gets pretty nutso
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-26-2019, 03:57 PM
Sarnak

I was the best ranger on server.
Old 10-26-2019, 05:03 PM
Planar Protector

I think you probably need to have more details like you killed some dudes
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-26-2019, 08:19 PM
Planar Protector

In velious I would say with triple attacks monk are the strongest I would say but skill honestly didn't matter once everyone started getting bows, you would have D list shitters just bow kiting everyone with their primal or ToV bows instead of the traditional melee.
In Kunark I still think the order goes Monk > Rogue > Warrior with rogue being the hardest to play or having the higher skill gap. Monk has the most utility and survivability ( mend, avoidance, regen if iksar) and its pretty easy to land normal rounds, Rogue is good if you are skilled at melee and landing backstabs and you can really set your self apart of the crowd if you master sticking and jousting. I would say warrior is the easiest to play because you can just be a potato and just pop precision and nobody is going to target you.

Colgate hit it on the head when he said that SKs attract idiot players because of Harm Touch but I still think they are a pretty valuable class even in a mass pvp set up because of channeling ( dispel purposes) and being able to secure kills with taps / HT but besides Mirkuls and Beastagor I don't think there was anyone notable playing the class.

I wish more people played paladins but unfortunately the only successful paladin was probably brickhouse, I might try to play one on the next box because I really feel like you can be a pretty big difference maker if you are level headed and have good awareness in group pvp with the ability to pretty much be a cleric and have the ability to consistently interrupt casters, set up rez areas in mass pvp, MA, you could pretty much do a lot of roles as a paladin pretty easy if you aren't so strung up on doing damage.
Old 10-26-2019, 08:21 PM
Banned

Oh yah I forgot about Brickhouse, he was the only notable Paladin for sure.
Old 10-26-2019, 09:44 PM
Banned

paladin suffers from the "it's okay but another rogue would just be better" syndrome
Old 10-27-2019, 06:07 AM
Planar Protector

When you guys say bows break traditional melee action I'm thinking the velious list would be Warrior Rogue Ranger Monk SK Pally in that order.

Warrior theoryquest because outdoors the bow rules and of the bow classes he has the most durability in tight dungeon spots too.

Rogue because all other reasons and maybe is top 1

Ranger because best now skills but sucky in tight spots indoors because much utility is negated and out dpsd by rogue and can't beat warrior f2f.

If bows are so cheap.

Tell me why my theoryquest is wrong?

I'm making a green melee to pre game for red 2 and it's probably going to be a warrior or an SK

Maybe a shaman instead tho.

Hard not to just be a cleric forever because who knows if I will ever have the time to be more than half ass at any class and at least I've learned some cleric trix.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-27-2019, 03:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm making a green melee to pre game for red 2.
Literally the only reason I'm playing green.
Closed Thread