Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2020, 12:06 AM
Planar Protector

i missed teal, whats teal? and whats green?
Old 05-14-2020, 11:43 AM
Aviak

It really didn't make sense to ever create teal in the first place because once you merge them together so many people are going to have all this rare gear that they really should not have been able to obtain without an extra server.

It's actually distorting the server in some ways. Why don't we just let it naturally play out.

If an item is supposed to be rare, let it stay rare, don't make copies of the server to distort the experience. my opinion.
Old 05-14-2020, 12:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayeatts [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It really didn't make sense to ever create teal in the first place because once you merge them together so many people are going to have all this rare gear that they really should not have been able to obtain without an extra server.

It's actually distorting the server in some ways. Why don't we just let it naturally play out.

If an item is supposed to be rare, let it stay rare, don't make copies of the server to distort the experience. my opinion.
I'm all for an unitemized Teal. You want some peace and quiet so you can level? Here you go.
Old 05-14-2020, 12:27 PM
Fire Giant

Your not going to make everyone happy. But I personally would be happy with teal.
A) bc I played on teal and loved it. It wasn't about getting all that rare gear. I could actually log in find a quiet place Ie Karanas(I solo'd entrance of Paw and was only person first few weeks who did it, Also farmed tons of outdoor zones that no one stepped in). Now those outdoor zones I could farm, still have 60 people in Ie WK/NK/SK(SK even has a bit more usually).
B) to just laugh at Cd288, bigsham and all the other trolls who only want to protect what they have already. I find it funny up to merge, there were post created every day begging for merge, Now its back to it[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
C) I seriously think the split happen to help noobie zones, but now game is very top heavy. Like people have said theres only X amount of 40+ zones,(minus perma) most are packed. This game is about community and adventure, hard to do that when your zone has 60 people in it
D) On classic groups did group content and didn't have wiki knowing EVERYTHING. Here you have Solo classes shmmys/mages/necros/enc Solo group content. So even if zone is packed half the camps are now done by solo people. Causing groups to find less and less spots to lvl.
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 05-14-2020, 12:28 PM
Fire Giant

oh just please Don't allow boxing between servers.
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 05-14-2020, 01:41 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by drackgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your not going to make everyone happy. But I personally would be happy with teal.
A) bc I played on teal and loved it. It wasn't about getting all that rare gear. I could actually log in find a quiet place Ie Karanas(I solo'd entrance of Paw and was only person first few weeks who did it, Also farmed tons of outdoor zones that no one stepped in). Now those outdoor zones I could farm, still have 60 people in Ie WK/NK/SK(SK even has a bit more usually).
B) to just laugh at Cd288, bigsham and all the other trolls who only want to protect what they have already. I find it funny up to merge, there were post created every day begging for merge, Now its back to it[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
C) I seriously think the split happen to help noobie zones, but now game is very top heavy. Like people have said theres only X amount of 40+ zones,(minus perma) most are packed. This game is about community and adventure, hard to do that when your zone has 60 people in it
D) On classic groups did group content and didn't have wiki knowing EVERYTHING. Here you have Solo classes shmmys/mages/necros/enc Solo group content. So even if zone is packed half the camps are now done by solo people. Causing groups to find less and less spots to lvl.
True, you're never going to have an experience just like classic unless you can wipe the memory of everquest from everyone's minds and all start over again fresh.

People are just really good at this game now.
Old 05-14-2020, 01:43 PM
Banned

You arent getting teal
Old 05-14-2020, 01:49 PM
Fire Giant

bigsham go back and cry on red servers[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Why us and blue get double the loot and 1000x the playerbase.
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 05-14-2020, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by drackgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
to just laugh at Cd288, bigsham and all the other trolls who only want to protect what they have already. I find it funny up to merge, there were post created every day begging for merge, Now its back to it[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know what you think I'm "trying to protect". I have shit for gear and am pretty much broke on all my characters because I just like leveling and playing the game. I've always found farming to be so boring...I just enjoy XPing.

What bothers me the most about a server split is that most people who desire it want it because they want to be able to play at the most popular camps, in high ZEM zones, etc. Or they want to be able to farm loot and plat more easily. It stinks of modern MMO/WoW mentality of "I want to be able to log in and do whatever I want right away and for my entire play session." What you want, in essence, is an instance or pick zone...just like modern MMOs have put in place. You came here for classic, non-instanced EQ; sometimes classic non-instanced EQ is going to mean people don't get to do whatever they want whenever they want, that's just a fact. Splitting servers for the reasons that many of the people want it to happen just moves us closer to things like the TLPs and modern instanced MMOs.

And look I feel you. I really do. There are days when I have been like "damn it's tough for me to find a camp/group today. If this were an instanced or pick zone game things would be way easier." But the positives of having our one server outweigh the negatives of catering to people who essentially want a separate instance/pick zone in concept. I think a lot of people came to Green having not played EQ in decades and forgot what it's like and realize now that they don't really like not having things like instances in MMOs, which is fine if they feel that way but go play a game that has that mechanic. I think some people also never played pre-Kunark.
Old 05-14-2020, 02:47 PM
Fire Giant

Teal isnt real instantcing cd288. Its a whole server still with open zones. Just 10-40 (80ish raid)per zone not 40-60-300(for raids). People want teal for different reasons im sure some wanted it back 2 dbl list. Some want it back to farm the top camps. But people like me want 2 actually group and find spots out in the world. IDGAF about lguk(I am one of the top geared SK/Monks even w/o a single FBSS), I have no need to farm drop spots. I just want spots for me and a few buddies to go and chill. Or I am solo leveling an alt, a spot to find a group or solo. And currently on green that requires us to venture to multipe zones, find out their fully camped. move on to next zone, find it camped. travel more same, travel more same. Finally find a small camp thats only split 4 ways instead of 7 ways. Then since its so crowded the trolls start of OMG I got fte, omg thats my mobs. petition, petition.
RIP<Gathered Might>
Last edited by drackgon; 05-14-2020 at 02:49 PM..
Closed Thread