Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2020, 06:44 PM
Sarnak

Default MQ fail clarification

Just masking sure I'm reading this page right: http://wiki.project1999.com/Multiquest

I went to get someThurg leather arms MQ'd. MQer turned in and I turned in. I am warmly w/ Coldain. He is indiff. I then noticed the NPC gave the text for "not trusting you yet with this item". I assume this was from him and as the page said, both the MQer and MQee would need appropriate faction (would make sense).

MQer insisted Indifferent was sufficient.
Old 06-21-2020, 07:16 PM
Sarnak

Both characters need the required amount of faction.

Indifferent is enough for a lot of quests, but the velious class armor quests require higher.
Old 06-21-2020, 07:21 PM
Aviak

You need kindly. You were warmly, which is above kindly. Indifferent is below kindly by 2 standings.
Old 06-21-2020, 07:28 PM
Sarnak

Thank you for confirming. This is mostly for my protection as the MQer insisted it was my fault for the failed MQ and that I was to pay, which I did not.
Old 06-21-2020, 11:26 PM
Kobold

Next time have each party hail the questgiver for quest text. That is how you will know each has proper faction.
Old 06-22-2020, 02:49 AM
Sarnak

On a similar note, is it possible to do your own MQs provided faction is good enough on both characters (give armor, log out, log in, give gems)? If so how long is the quest NPCs memory?
Old 06-22-2020, 02:57 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonesaw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On a similar note, is it possible to do your own MQs provided faction is good enough on both characters (give armor, log out, log in, give gems)? If so how long is the quest NPCs memory?
Yes, I have helped people do this. Hailed Hasten while someone MQ'd ring off one char, logged, and handed in corpsed rapier/gold off another. I charmed Balatin for some guy who had pipe(s) on one char and robe/pipe on monk for Whistling Fists hand in
Old 06-22-2020, 03:00 AM
Planar Protector

So was the seller scamming or what?
Old 06-22-2020, 03:12 AM
Sarnak

I think he just didn't know what he was doing. The guy was green con so must have been lower than 35. Not sure how he ended up with leather sleeves.
Old 06-22-2020, 11:47 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonesaw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do this all the time on Red. Farm quest items on higher levels and MQ with my low level alts. NPC memory seems to last until server reset or npc reset in my experience. The crushbone shoulderpads can basically be considered a MQ. A random noob can turn 1 shoulderpad in days before you show up and the quest npc will still be telling you how he has 1 and needs another. You can then profit off that noobs mistake.

Elendil's Giveaway
Closed Thread