Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2021, 01:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fun story, I traded a Tranix Crown for Holgresh Beads on Blue when they were still dropping and felt like I over paid at the time. Beads are not worth 200k-400k. I have no idea how this community has over valued these so badly.
One of my p99 regrets is not taking the offer of my fungi tunic for a pair of beads.
Haunts me when I look at my 10k bankroll and fungi tunic on how life would be different if I had make that right investment. I didn't think they'd be valued as high as they are either.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 07-19-2021, 01:06 PM
Kobold

Beads were retroactively buffed on Live to allow every class to use them to scout unseen areas, not just FD classes.
Old 07-19-2021, 01:10 PM
Orc

What's annoying is other things aren't being camped and their price is currently rising because people are coming into sudden large quantities of plat because of their best sale. Fungi tunics are a good example
Old 07-19-2021, 01:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycoolrausch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Beads were retroactively buffed on Live to allow every class to use them to scout unseen areas, not just FD classes.
Making the eye indifferent to all is actually a nerf, not a buff, as FD classes are using the eye to pull not to scout. It allows them to safely aggro mobs from a distance like a guided missile and to force the mobs to burn their cooldowns.

Personally, I'm hoping they implement this change for P99 soon.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 07-19-2021, 02:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One of my p99 regrets is not taking the offer of my fungi tunic for a pair of beads.
Haunts me when I look at my 10k bankroll and fungi tunic on how life would be different if I had make that right investment. I didn't think they'd be valued as high as they are either.
That's okay, I have a way worse story.

2 month before the sneak nerf (which exploded the price from 80k to 300k+), i decided that beads were for noobs and that i could pull anything without them. So i traded my beads for a cloak of flames for one of my twinks.

A couple months goes by... and I trade that cloak of flames for an SS Robe MQ for my enchanter.

MY enchanter doesn't even use that robe anymore. So I basically flipped my pair of beads for NOTHING.

And that's how I ended up having to farm 450k for a pair a few years ago. Not fun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-19-2021, 02:09 PM
Fire Giant

I paid 35k for beads day before they stopped dropping on blue.
Old 07-19-2021, 02:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's okay, I have a way worse story.

2 month before the sneak nerf (which exploded the price from 80k to 300k+), i decided that beads were for noobs and that i could pull anything without them. So i traded my beads for a cloak of flames for one of my twinks.

A couple months goes by... and I trade that cloak of flames for an SS Robe MQ for my enchanter.

MY enchanter doesn't even use that robe anymore. So I basically flipped my pair of beads for NOTHING.

And that's how I ended up having to farm 450k for a pair a few years ago. Not fun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I traded my beads to kelza for urn loot rights, no regrets bahahaha [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-20-2021, 04:09 PM
Sarnak

For us non-uber folk. What the heck are those beads good for? Eye of Zomm that floats around? I don't see the awesomeness of that spell?!?!
Old 07-20-2021, 04:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuterChimp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For us non-uber folk. What the heck are those beads good for? Eye of Zomm that floats around? I don't see the awesomeness of that spell?!?!
Monk casts eye
Monk feigns
Monk moves eye to pull target
Monk stands
Target aggros and kills eye.
Target walks to monk.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 07-20-2021, 04:49 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuterChimp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Eye of Zomm was (presumably) created to scout areas ahead of the caster. However, because EverQuest was made by a team of disorganized cokeheads (presumably) the person who created the spell, and the person who implemented were (presumably) not on the same page, and the code didn't allow for it to work properly, so the magical eye aggrod everything the player would normally aggro, thus rendering the spell completely useless. At some point, between shoveling out expansions at a frantic pace, somebody noticed this, and by Luclin or so it was fixed so the eye worked as (presumeably) intended and didn't aggro anything, making the spell actually useful to the classes that could cast it.

In the meantime, a side effect of the broken and useless spell, is that classes that can FD, can remotely use the eye to aggro mobs and move them, such as around a corner out of line of sight of their friends, to single pull them, or pull them burning harm touches and generally out of range of harmful spells, etc, making the elder beads eminently useful for FD pullers such as monks.
Closed Thread