Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2021, 04:39 PM
Planar Protector

Not that it matters overmuch with the non-fullscreen book we have on Titanium, but you should have to have the book open until level 35 for the entire lifespan of the server. Spellbook meditating for low level players wasn't removed until Luclin-era. Having to manually press the button and having to keep the book open all the way to level 50 were the things that were changed in-era.

Danth
Old 07-31-2021, 09:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not that it matters overmuch with the non-fullscreen book we have on Titanium, but you should have to have the book open until level 35 for the entire lifespan of the server. Spellbook meditating for low level players wasn't removed until Luclin-era. Having to manually press the button and having to keep the book open all the way to level 50 were the things that were changed in-era.

Danth
Yeah honestly that's how I remember it also. I quit during luclin and I remember thinking they were dumbing down the game too much partly because level 1 casters didn't have to book med anymore.
Old 08-04-2021, 06:00 AM
Orc

Hi all,

Been testing mana regen on low level toons lately and finding out a few things

Level 13 Halfling Druid. Just basic gear - nothing special. Full Food, Full drink, meditate trained to 70.
When sitting for two ticks you get 2 mana regen and the third tick you get 1
Standing with BREEZE - 1 mana regen per tick
Sitting with BREEZE you get 2 mana regen ONLY - doesn't seem to stack with normal mana regen if sitting.

As a lowbie character, the mana regen feels very slow and breeze only giving an extra 1 mana every 18 seconds, so not much different than just sitting....

Regards,

- Ssethrass
Old 08-04-2021, 09:11 AM
Kobold

My god remember staring at your full screen spell book, unable to see anything, just hearing the sounds of battle and hoping no trains were coming thru ��
Old 08-04-2021, 09:21 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guesty07 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My god remember staring at your full screen spell book, unable to see anything, just hearing the sounds of battle and hoping no trains were coming thru ��
Worse was no alt+tab out so it was literally just that spellbook taking up the whole computer, lol!
Old 08-04-2021, 11:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragosanii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi all,

Been testing mana regen on low level toons lately and finding out a few things

Level 13 Halfling Druid. Just basic gear - nothing special. Full Food, Full drink, meditate trained to 70.
When sitting for two ticks you get 2 mana regen and the third tick you get 1
Standing with BREEZE - 1 mana regen per tick
Sitting with BREEZE you get 2 mana regen ONLY - doesn't seem to stack with normal mana regen if sitting.

As a lowbie character, the mana regen feels very slow and breeze only giving an extra 1 mana every 18 seconds, so not much different than just sitting....

Regards,

- Ssethrass

If you are actually seeing your mana ticking up by 1 and 2 points, then you are using an unauthorized UI. If you are somehow seeing 1 and 2 mana regen by looking at the pixels, then I doubt looking at just 3 ticks is going to give you an accurate account.

Best way to test is to get to 100% (I don't think it ever rounds up and will show 99% even if you are at 2999/3000), cast a spell with a rather large mana cost, then count how many ticks it takes to med back up to full. It is my understanding that mana regen can have decimals, but the actual mana amount can't, so you'll see some ticks go up more than others to average out that decimal.
Old 08-05-2021, 12:02 AM
Banned

The book is small on titanium client. I still keep the book open when medding because I am constantly having to swap spells as enchanter
Old 08-06-2021, 02:09 PM
Planar Protector

The "just sit to med" patch went in around 03/09/2021.

Ofc you still need the meditate skill etc.
Old 08-06-2021, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Spellbook meditating for low level players wasn't removed until Luclin-era.
Danth
Yup, that didn't happen until 3 months after Luclin dropped:

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20020319.html

Quote:
Spell casters no longer need to see their spell book when meditating. Once a character has the meditation skill, it will function when the character is sitting down.
Closed Thread