Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2021, 06:40 PM
Fire Giant

Leveling up my enchanter and this post is being useful.

What content are beads/probes good for?
What's your recommendation for gem slot 1 soloing?
I run single target mezz so far.
Is the epic MQable up to some part? The staff parts appear as dropable on wiki, is that accurate?
Old 08-04-2021, 06:55 PM
Fire Giant

https://wiki.project1999.com/Potion_of_Stinging_Wort
Old 08-04-2021, 07:07 PM
Sarnak

I tend to do a lot of spell swapping, and use the top slot as a swap spot. Slow, lull line, nuke, haste, clarity, etc.
Old 08-05-2021, 12:28 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelzar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Leveling up my enchanter and this post is being useful.

What content are beads/probes good for?
What's your recommendation for gem slot 1 soloing?
I run single target mezz so far.
Is the epic MQable up to some part? The staff parts appear as dropable on wiki, is that accurate?
Level 4 mez is the best spell in the game. I have it on 2 on my bar 99.5% of the time.

Beads = Siren's Grotto. HMU when ur 60 and i'll give you all the tips and tricks.

A lot of enchanters swap out 1 for whatever is most pressing, but I find that a bit too much. My bar pretty much always stays the same 1-6, and i change 7+8 as needed throughout the fights.

First of all, as i'm sure you know, Agroing a mob with a spell only counts for 1 point of rage, meaning you should always be pulling the mob your killing with slow. Your pet instant agros the mob. Agro free slows. Maybe a bit tough on the mana at lower levels before theft of thought, but should be okay. Manna robe.

Second, my bar is 1 color stun(Whatever ur highest level color stun is) 2 lvl4 mez 3 tash 4 charm 5 color stun 6 theft of thought (ur not there yet, i'd probably just put root in, or aoe mez) 7 and 8 when im about to pull is always pacify+Slow

The method is, when your pet breaks mid fight, you stun, tash, stun, charm, mez other mob for a mem blur chance. This virtually guarantee's if your stun isn't resisted that your going to get both a retash and and a recharm without having to break in the fight. By the time you recharm, you stun 1 should be castable again too. You take very little damage. I also bind (and encourage just about everyone to also) my GCD item to "G" so it is very spammable.

So on pet break its 1g3g5g4g (2 or 1). Once you have boltrans, you can recharm with just 1 stun. Having 2 stuns on your bar is gigantic though. The amount of times i've lived with 5+ mobs on me by stun locking the mobs long enough to load up gate is insane.

Absolutely none of the Enchanter Epic is MQable. And while I'll argue to anyone that Z-hEart is BiS... being able to click your pets with haste mana free at will is invaluable. Also the + agility seems to really help my enchanter as he's at like 70 AGI otherwise. You're gonna want to park your monk at the spot, I think he could solo either of them. Aikons solo'd VD with his druid and a some strings once.. so i'm sure you could figure it out with your pimp ass toons. (I got all 3 bottlekneck pieces for my enc on 1 earthquake)

People out there DO sell VT/VD loot rights though, so maybe try that avenue too.
Old 08-05-2021, 11:09 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

7 and 8 when im about to pull is always pacify+Slow
I've been using Calm as my go-to Lull for it's cheaper mana cost. Are you using Paci simply because mana is not an issue at 60 so it makes the 7 min duration more worthwhile, or is the aggro radius of 1 on Pacify notably better than the 5 from Calm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The method is, when your pet breaks mid fight, you stun, tash, stun, charm, mez other mob for a mem blur chance.
I was charm killing the other day and had a charm break. My pet was low, so I CC'd the adds and began casting lvl 4 mez on my broken pet. At this time, I was standing adjacent to my pet. I must've casted mez over 6 times, waited for the server tick each time - his hp never regenerated. I even loaded mem blur for a couple of casts (was level 48 at the time, no BoF) - nothing. I then backed away, casted mez once, and boom, it blurred successfully.

Has anyone else encountered this? Was it just incredibly bad luck that the mob would not blur while I was adjacent, or is that an actual mechanic?
Old 08-05-2021, 11:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by afelipe1189 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been using Calm as my go-to Lull for it's cheaper mana cost. Are you using Paci simply because mana is not an issue at 60 so it makes the 7 min duration more worthwhile, or is the aggro radius of 1 on Pacify notably better than the 5 from Calm?

I was charm killing the other day and had a charm break. My pet was low, so I CC'd the adds and began casting lvl 4 mez on my broken pet. At this time, I was standing adjacent to my pet. I must've casted mez over 6 times, waited for the server tick each time - his hp never regenerated. I even loaded mem blur for a couple of casts (was level 48 at the time, no BoF) - nothing. I then backed away, casted mez once, and boom, it blurred successfully.

Has anyone else encountered this? Was it just incredibly bad luck that the mob would not blur while I was adjacent, or is that an actual mechanic?
prob just bad luck

this will be your go-to blur: https://wiki.project1999.com/Blanket_of_Forgetfulness

I use paci exclusively as well. I like the duration.
Old 08-05-2021, 11:26 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by afelipe1189 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I use pretty much all of the lull line, whichever is the least mana I can get away with for the situation. I'm 60, but no ft.
Old 08-05-2021, 08:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:

Lmao this is something that i've never spoken out loud about because i'm ashamed to not know the answer, but i've encountered that scenario so many times before that i always distance myself from the mob before blurring.

I cast pacify out of habit. It FEELS like it crit resists less than the others, but i'd place that in a realm of my own superstition before saying that it's a fact. Also yes, 7 minutes is very very nice.
Old 08-06-2021, 07:39 AM
Sarnak

Quote:

I'm just a beginner enchanter so excuse my ignorance on that matter but I thought one had be far enough from a former pet (out of its aggro range) for it to have a chance to be mem-blurred and to start regenerating HPs AF with Mez ?
Old 08-06-2021, 10:43 AM
Planar Protector

Yea I always just thought it was an aggro range thing too. I’ve never seen an instance where I’ve blurred an uncalmed mob standing right next to them. But I guess I haven’t tried it extensively, just used to calming immediately in those situations.
Closed Thread