Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: Would you like Green to merge with Blue at some point?
Yes 118 47.58%
No 87 35.08%
Don't care / doesn't matter 43 17.34%
Voters: 248. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2021, 06:32 PM
Sarnak

I'm more concerned with server population / activity than with preserving separation between blue and green communities and economies, and I think a merge will eventually be beneficial for that.

That said, activity is a weird thing on these old servers, with some content getting crowded and the rest ignored.
Old 08-06-2021, 09:22 PM
Planar Protector

I want Green to merge with http://lotgd.org/home.php?. It's the logical progression.
Old 08-06-2021, 10:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivitron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm more concerned with server population / activity than with preserving separation between blue and green communities and economies, and I think a merge will eventually be beneficial for that.

That said, activity is a weird thing on these old servers, with some content getting crowded and the rest ignored.
I get the server population idea in theory but really, can you get a PUG on either Blue or Green these days? I am not buying it that any harm is done by splitting the population three ways versus only two

I like the split idea, 1) for the economy, Green sucks but not like Blue, wait to merge in three or four years. Unless my second point happens, namely;

2) Add classic-inspired custom content to Blue, and keep a Green graveyard server for those that don't want to be in a non Classic server. One time non-reversable transfers from Green to Blue (or vice versa) based on if you want custom content or not

I agree that if there is not going to be any custom content added, ever, go ahead and merge Green and Blue once the Green timeline is done, not into wasting Rogean's time and effort and money into having an extra server just because of economy issues.
Last edited by Rader; 08-06-2021 at 10:36 PM..
Old 08-06-2021, 10:59 PM
Fire Giant

Wipe both.

Launch green again at classic.
Launch blue again at current timeline, final pre luclin patch, all content in game. Pre awaken sleeper.
Old 08-06-2021, 11:21 PM
Fire Giant

My friend has a full account on both Blue and Green. Same acct with max toons each. Will he have to Sophie's choice these toons?
Old 08-07-2021, 01:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My friend has a full account on both Blue and Green. Same acct with max toons each. Will he have to Sophie's choice these toons?
As far as we know, all 16 characters will be on one Character Select screen, in alphabetical order. The latter 8 will be pushed down and not selectable. You can delete other characters to raise them up.

For anyone else playing on both servers, make new characters on new loginserver accounts. Go to the Home button and take a look at the left menu bar.
Old 08-07-2021, 06:26 PM
Planar Protector

Next server launch, launch two servers again... Purple and Mauve. One for current "competitive" raiding, and one where content is rotated. You know, just to see which server is more popular.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 08-07-2021, 06:32 PM
Banned

No do not split the population again. Competitive raiding is classic, guilds working out rotations amongst themselves is also classic. Both things can happen on the same server, it's supposed to be a social game. Don't be a sociopath and maybe it can happen
Old 08-07-2021, 09:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Next server launch, launch two servers again... Purple and Mauve. One for current "competitive" raiding, and one where content is rotated. You know, just to see which server is more popular.
The question has NEVER been 'whats more popular'.

P99 is the only server with competitive PVE (IE, not cheese) raiding on all of EQEMU. Everything else is rotated.

If you want rotated content in the endgame, there is a multitude of extremely well polished options to pick from, TAKP is absolutely sensational level of fit and finish.

Why people don't understand if they want warder loot, they can go to TAKP and kill hill giants for a week and buy it in the bazaar. If they want aten ha ra neck, just join a raid guild and sit in line. The whole server is filled with people who would prefer that than raid competitively here, different strokes for different folks.
Old 08-07-2021, 09:08 PM
Planar Protector

I want green to turn into a pumpkin at midnight
Closed Thread