Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 08-10-2021, 01:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatordash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
CDC Eviction Moratorium saving lives here in Vegas. https://www.fox5vegas.com/news/crime...a0f5282da.html
I would have asked for flesh instead of turning to blood IYKWIM. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-10-2021, 01:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatordash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
CDC Eviction Moratorium saving lives here in Vegas. https://www.fox5vegas.com/news/crime...a0f5282da.html
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-10-2021, 01:44 PM
Banned

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/03/us/wo...rnd/index.html

Quote:
Update: After CNN aired a story about her potential eviction, Dasha Kelly clarified to CNN that she is not the mother of the three children featured in the story. CNN has verified she takes care of the children in her home for periods of time. She says she originally described herself to CNN as a mother because she considers herself to be like one to them.
Old 08-10-2021, 01:47 PM
Orc

Aren't you septics right in the middle of another housing bubble that's about to pop - repeat 2008 but much worse?
Old 08-10-2021, 02:08 PM
Banned

I love how everyone thinks landlords are these cartoonish rich fat cat evil guys twirling their mustaches and raking in money. The majority of landlords are middle class and have one rental property that they are using to help pay off the mortgage on their own house. People who claim to care about the poor really just hate the rich. They are two very distinct, different things.
Old 08-10-2021, 02:09 PM
Sarnak

cant wait to take advantage of the people losing there homes soon.
Old 08-10-2021, 02:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love how everyone thinks landlords are these cartoonish rich fat cat evil guys twirling their mustaches and raking in money. The majority of landlords are middle class and have one rental property that they are using to help pay off the mortgage on their own house. People who claim to care about the poor really just hate the rich. They are two very distinct, different things.
Its about what you can portray as a politician to stay in power. Democrats seem to be doing a great job of their, 'rich people need to pay their fair share' campaign even though they will never make the rich pay more. This housing moratorium is a perfect example where mom and pop landlords are losing everything they've worked for while the large residential investment firm stays afloat and gets to pick up the pieces at a discount when the moratorium washes out. Its pretty genius misdirection because the reality is you are taking from the middle class to give to the rich who fund your political campaigns, but you can sell it politically as rich vs poor.
Old 08-10-2021, 02:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
haha man, that picture is like 100 years old and here we are. Bet its worth 6 million now lol
Old 08-10-2021, 02:51 PM
Planar Protector

This is a great quote and I think it holds true:

Quote:
When the economy has been reduced to private ownership, the increased productivity of labor only increases rent, thus all the advantages of progress goes to those that own land. Wages do not increase, wages cannot increase.

The more labor produces: The more it must pay for the opportunity to make anything at all.
I dont think land should be profitable or owned. Rent control: YES! but rent control against the goverment landlord instead of the person landlord.

Ive been both a renter in a major city with rent control, and a home owner, and I felt the same exact level of pride of ownership in both situations.
Old 08-10-2021, 03:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a great quote and I think it holds true:

I dont think land should be profitable or owned. Rent control: YES! but rent control against the goverment landlord instead of the person landlord.

Ive been both a renter in a major city with rent control, and a home owner, and I felt the same exact level of pride of ownership in both situations.
If you own your own land you can grow your own food and be self sufficient