Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

View Poll Results: Wat do ye think, elf?
It's dead 50 17.73%
Yeah, it's slowly dying, green velious launch as proof 88 31.21%
It's summer, nerds are finally outside enjoying the tempered 132 F of the death valley 71 25.18%
Shut your filthy mouth, I'm in lower guk right now and having the time of my life farming FBSSs 73 25.89%
Voters: 282. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2021, 11:04 PM
Planar Protector

Superhero Enchanters are like, the best part of P99 imo.

I wanna see a video, Doom Slayer vs 60 Ench.

Imagine an enchanter, with The Doom Slayer as a pet....

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-12-2021, 12:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My favorite classic moment was instanced servers that merged in a few months after launch allowing players to double farm items like mana stones on a /list system which was abused by guilds to keep characters online for 3+ days straight.

lol.. you're a joke

Oh and the Enchanter mez aggro thing? That is from Daldaen. Like I said I was just reposting things that are being ignored.

I'll wait for Green 2.0. I know the devs see my crying. Here is what we need...

1. Nerf Enchanter charm until start of Velious and fix the mez mem blur bug that let's them avoid the "aggro dump" upon mez break of a chain mezzed mob. This fixed the trivialization of content from charm until the same time in classic which was Velious and makes Enchanter much more likely to die in group situations.

2. Fix channeling and mana from stats. Makes lower and higher level gameplay more difficult.

3. As far as I recall ZEMs were proven to be lower than P99 is using. We should have the same lower standard ZEMs with no hot spots. This gets rid of the boring "hot spot" leveling tread mills. Alternatively at least make ZEM rotate somewhat often and randomly.

4. Don't fuck with the launch by adding servers, changing spawn rate, /list, and nerfing quest exp. EQ is supposed to be challenging and that included finding open camps. P99 never came close to live population numbers and was never over crowded.

5. Actually monitor the level distribution of the player base the same way Verant/Sony would with an eye towards ensuring players don't level too quickly. It shouldn't be possible to get to level 50 with alts to level 50 before Kunark launches without serious effort. Somehow I was able to do this just playing casually. Likely due to channeling, ZEMs, charm, instancing, and all the other bullshit above. Probably each iteration of Green should use data from the previous launch to determine how to keep fitting a model towards a certain progression timeline. In other words, the no life loser should only be able to reach 50 with 1 alt and the casual player should only reach level 30-40 or whatever. If things are moving faster or slower than this model mechanics should be adjusted. This would avoid the ridiculous stacking of everyone at raid level before the first plane is even opened.

It's that easy. I want to play P99 again once it returns to a focus on classic and challenging game play.
I’m sure the staff really pay attention to you
Old 08-12-2021, 12:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I bet you're still playing P99
Lol the best part about this is that there’s nothing more sad than someone who DOESNT play on P99 anymore coming here to argue and rant on the forums. It’s like you can’t move on.
Old 08-13-2021, 02:16 AM
Banned

Give the people what they want, Luclin then PoP in a few years!
Old 08-13-2021, 04:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantagarBrax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Give the people what they want, Luclin then PoP in a few years!
They already have it!
https://www.takproject.net/
Old 08-13-2021, 09:52 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They already have it!
https://www.takproject.net/
Just tried Takproject above but it just doesn't tick all the boxes for me and mine.
You can't strafe left and right using keys, only hold right mouse click and you can't mousewheel zoom out for a 3rd party view of your toon - you can change cameras but it isn't the same.....And it's designed and aimed at 3xboxing toons so again, doesn't fit in with what I'm ultimately trying to find (Server like P99 with all of those options but maybe up to PoP expansion, not allowing bots - any ideas?)

Regards,

- S
Old 08-13-2021, 10:06 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragosanii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just tried Takproject above but it just doesn't tick all the boxes for me and mine.
You can't strafe left and right using keys, only hold right mouse click and you can't mousewheel zoom out for a 3rd party view of your toon - you can change cameras but it isn't the same.....And it's designed and aimed at 3xboxing toons so again, doesn't fit in with what I'm ultimately trying to find (Server like P99 with all of those options but maybe up to PoP expansion, not allowing bots - any ideas?)

Regards,

- S
"I want to pay nothing and still have all of my very specific demands met."

No, you're never going to check all the boxes.
Old 08-13-2021, 10:16 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"I want to pay nothing and still have all of my very specific demands met."

No, you're never going to check all the boxes.
No worries, was just asking. I don't have any demands, just checking if anyone knew of servers that have certain characteristics. I could go play original if I really wanted.
Old 08-13-2021, 11:55 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragosanii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No worries, was just asking. I don't have any demands, just checking if anyone knew of servers that have certain characteristics. I could go play original if I really wanted.
Fair, and I probably came off snarkier than I intended. Your only two real options are P99 and TAKP, both have tradeoffs so it's a matter of deciding on which factors are most important to you.

I know the FV Project exists and bills itself as a classic server but I really don't know much about it: https://fvproject.com/index.php/Main_Page
Old 08-13-2021, 11:59 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fair, and I probably came off snarkier than I intended. Your only two real options are P99 and TAKP, both have tradeoffs so it's a matter of deciding on which factors are most important to you.

I know the FV Project exists and bills itself as a classic server but I really don't know much about it: https://fvproject.com/index.php/Main_Page
No probs mate - and thanks for the info on FV. Am happy enough on P99 (along with the wife n child) so not _really_ looking for anything different, just thinking back on how much we missed The Grey and other stuff that we blasted back in the day and then I read that other servers offer different expansions.

Regards,

- S
Closed Thread