Planar Protector

Default DIABLO 2

RESURRECTED COMING SEPTEMBER 23

NO CONSOLE LOBBYS (FUCK YOU)

MEDIAN XL NEW SEASON START 8/27 (TODAY) 8 NEW SKILL TREES PER CHARACTER. FREE

LETS GO SORC EARLY LADDER
Old 08-27-2021, 10:16 PM
Planar Protector

Always got bored by the time I hit the desert levels. Jungle got kinda tedious. Then it got more fun. Then I'd get killed in nightmare and stop playing the game. D2 and Lineage II played almost the exact same, so D2 was basically methadone when my subscription would run out.
Last edited by Cecily; 08-27-2021 at 10:20 PM..
Old 08-27-2021, 10:19 PM
Planar Protector

tokay
Old 08-28-2021, 02:56 PM
Fire Giant

D2: Repurchased.

I will probably play it because it is outsourced to a decent company, unlike Blizzard who just apparently releases their old games over and over again now, like Bethesda(skyrim) and Rockstar(gta) etc.. Weird how Valve goes the opposite way and tries to create developers instead of more brain dead consumers.

Just the natural progression of capitalistic companies, they get purchases, soul is removed, they become lazy, imagination flies away, fear of your elitist weirdo customers, stagnation, fat.
Last edited by Shawk; 08-28-2021 at 02:58 PM..
Old 08-28-2021, 03:18 PM
Banned

I've been playing the original D2 with my brother lately, we're on hell difficulty now and holy fuck it is so obnoxiously hard. If you're a sorceress, almost every difficult enemy is immune to the elemental line you're best at. This is clearly by design.

It doesn't seem to matter how good your armor or any of your equipment is, I get killed in one shot by almost everything. Sometimes two shots if I'm lucky. It's just this trial and error slowly chipping away at mobs until you can progress, while dying a million times in the process. Or alternatively, just making a hail mary run past everyone looking for the next waypoint or stairway and then quickly opening a town portal.

It's just not fun. I enjoyed the extra challenge of nightmare, that seemed well balanced. This is just a chore to play though. Hopefully resurrected is better tuned.
Old 08-28-2021, 04:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been playing the original D2 with my brother lately, we're on hell difficulty now and holy fuck it is so obnoxiously hard. If you're a sorceress, almost every difficult enemy is immune to the elemental line you're best at. This is clearly by design.

It doesn't seem to matter how good your armor or any of your equipment is, I get killed in one shot by almost everything. Sometimes two shots if I'm lucky. It's just this trial and error slowly chipping away at mobs until you can progress, while dying a million times in the process. Or alternatively, just making a hail mary run past everyone looking for the next waypoint or stairway and then quickly opening a town portal.

It's just not fun. I enjoyed the extra challenge of nightmare, that seemed well balanced. This is just a chore to play though. Hopefully resurrected is better tuned.
With or without crazy gear in Hell difficulty, my favorite sorceress build was the fireball/frozen orb sorc.... and I pretty much only play hardcore. Single element builds are only viable if you have some crazy aura items. I have taken a few fireball/orb sorc into hell on battle.net and solo. Nightmare and Hell mode Duriel is the biggest challenge. If you get a few sick pieces of equipment it just makes it easier. Prioritize survivability gear/stats over making the sorc a glass cannon (in other words go all vitality, maybe use a shield, after meeting equipment requirements) and you will be fine. Both fireball and frozen orb will be powerful enough for hell mode... and by then you can do some item runs to get better gear.

Playing on battle.net with d2jsp trading can smooth the rough edges and reduce the need for MF runs.
Old 08-28-2021, 04:45 PM
Planar Protector

I enjoy the hammerdin build myself
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Closed Thread