Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2021, 02:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrddraal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its literally what happened to shadowbane. There wasnt content for the sheep, the wolves drove them off the servers, didnt get enough funding, shadowbane went under.
God I loved Shadowbane though

Fire Templar all the way
Old 10-14-2021, 03:19 PM
Banned

when yendor monkey coming back

i love to hear him bitch
Old 10-14-2021, 03:46 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slonekb05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
instance raid zones, done. But again not classic so.. there’s that
95% of the raid rules aren't classic there's also that.
Old 10-15-2021, 06:26 PM
Planar Protector

I like how (daft) people like Yendor are still clinging to some vision of a majority casual playground for P99's latest PVE box. Don't you think the staff would have made this happen by now 12 years later if that's what they wanted? They throw you a few bones to keep the more capable among you interested, but the server is still almost fully competition oriented. The staff set the climate - not the players.
Old 10-16-2021, 12:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like how (daft) people like Yendor are still clinging to some vision of a majority casual playground for P99's latest PVE box. Don't you think the staff would have made this happen by now 12 years later if that's what they wanted? They throw you a few bones to keep the more capable among you interested, but the server is still almost fully competition oriented. The staff set the climate - not the players.
LOL "competition oriented". Throwing elbows at the buffet line so you can get all the prime rib for yourself, and then crying foul to management when an elbow hits you in the face isn't competition. I don't give a shit about raiding here or how it's done, but it's most definitely not competition. You moran.
Old 10-18-2021, 01:55 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No one has answered why it's so important and why there is so much vitriol being spewed at the mere suggestion that, next launch, we could potentially try a rotation server and a competitive server.

People like Tunabros and SantagarBrax could compete to their hearts' content on the competitive server. They could make it extra competitive by making in PVP. Then whatever bullshit SantagarBrax is spewing about EARNING MY LOOT GOTDAMMIT actually makes sense, because what better way to earn your loot than to fight other guilds for it instead of hiding behind petitions and finding loopholes in rules?

People like me and a few like-minded others in this thread could enjoy the rotation server. Whatever we loot there has absolutely no bearing on the competitive server. You are still free to lord your precious pixels over the others on the competitive server. You will literally never see me and my "low effort" pixels.

I thought one argument (however foolish) could be: "Well, if you can just log in with your friends, strategize, fight the raid target, and win loot at a scheduled time, without needing to answer a 3am batphone and gather together all of the players with the most free time to ensure you have an overwhelming raid force for every encounter, and play this like it's the fucking Olympics like I do, then that somehow makes all the dumb shit I'm doing over pixels seem like a huge waste of my life." But the same people are telling me to go play another server, or TAKP, or a TLP. So I get the same pixels for less effort on one of those servers. Same level of impact to you: zero. What difference does it make if it's on TAKP or if it's on one of the P99 servers that you are not playing on because you are against rotated content?

Is it because a hypothetical competitive and rotation server at next launch would share the same forums and you can't lord your pixels over me on the forums now? Of course not, because just like anyone posts any accomplishments now from the Blue server, the response is "no one cares about the beta server". So obviously the response would be "no one cares about the rotated server." So that can't be it either.

I read https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...8&postcount=57 and it still does not make sense to me why that individual's decision to place way too much emphasis on spending his life to win pixels and dominate everyone else should impact me and others like me here on P99 who would like to be able to play the game without making it a 2nd job. The only people making it a 2nd job are try-hard players like SantagarBrax.

Sure, show me one with no boxing and adhering to a strict timeline of patches and quality of life features like P99. You can't. Otherwise we would have already been there due to people like you ruining the raid scene for the rest of us. Better yet, how does going to one of those servers not cheapen the effort you've put in to obtain pixels here, yet somehow a rotation server here would cheapen your effort and therefore we are in no way allowed to have that absolutely ever because of "...reasons..."?

Irrelevant. Having an optional rotation P99 server impacts you on your proposed competitive server in the exact same amount as if we ran off to one of those other servers you speak of.

Irrelevant. You created that situation for yourselves by placing ridiculous amounts of importance on pixels on a 22-year old emulation of an elf-simulator (i.e. not even the real Everquest) to the point where you have to create an infrastructure to give you every advantage so there isn't even any competition at all. Even then, the existence of a proposed rotation server takes NONE OF THIS away from you over on your proposed competitive server.

Unless your fear is that your way of dictating what it takes to raid here would be over, because the competitive server would be a ghost town and that would mean that the same handful of 50 try-hard sociopaths have been dictating to the rest of us for the last 12 YEARS a game that perhaps 1200+ of us had no interest in playing at your level.

Or even more sinister, yet the only real reason I can think of that a grown-assed adult would fight tooth and nail to maintain a monopoly over pixels here for this long, for every incarnation of a PVE P99 server past and future, is that there is still some RMT network the GMs/devs have not undercovered yet, and this is literally your livelihood at stake -- in which case I can understand why under no circumstances must there never be a rotation server in your eyes.

Makes one think....

My point still stands... an optional rotation server being opened up at next launch does not impact you any more than if we listened to you and went to play on TAKP or some other non-P99 rotation server. Either way, you're still putting way more self-inflicted effort for pixels than we would be in either case.

Anyone else seeing that these arguments make no sense?
yikes
Old 10-18-2021, 03:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like how I keep getting attacked like people's rent money is on the line somehow the second I even propose a purely hypothetical rotation server.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 10-18-2021, 10:45 PM
Planar Protector

Isnt it entitled and crybaby'ish to continously cry for personalized catered servers/and or rotations etc, on a free to play private server?
Me, I enjoy my time here, its why I still play and I consider myself casual, some fine servers they got here thats for sure!
Oh and casually playing classic EQ isnt really real, as you wouldnt even reach lvl 60
Old 10-19-2021, 01:06 AM
Sarnak

I think they should add luclin to give players more raid targets as well as let other guilds have shots at the current raid targets. Also Rap battles for FTE should be standard, as it would bring the community together.

Along with these features, lets have some more goddamn BotB competitions. They're really cool, and would help show how good people really are, taking away the endless camping, exploiting and lawyerquesting.

On that note! Let's have raid disputes streamed over twitch ala Judge Joe Brown. It would bring the community together as well as help show transparency in the processes the staff take for sentencing raid SUSpensions. I'd absolutely watch it.

ooooh and seasonal p99, 3 year seasons which afterwards shits wiped clean. if your magelo is BiS by the end u get a little gold star next to your name for the next season.

p99 is now just as old as the timeframe between eq launching and p99 launching. lets get some shit going, itll be the next forknight.

all super doable. make it happen
Old 10-19-2021, 01:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like how I keep getting attacked like people's rent money is on the line somehow the second I even propose a purely hypothetical rotation server.
if the staff knew people wanted it, they would have implemented it

your so entitled, my god you are

You think volunteer staff want to go through and regulate rotations for a bunch of

casuals who don't know jack shit about raiding? Want to raid? Join a raiding guild.

That simple. No one is asking you to sock for 16 hours or wake up to 3 am batphones

that's on you
Closed Thread