Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2021, 03:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I assume it will be much more mass open world PVP in the center area but the way the hubs are set up seems very Lineage 2 and the map assuming its larger will have a heavy pvp combat middle area that is open pvp like emain in Daoc fighting for relic boosts kind of thing they will be more sought after but it will be more open battle rather than instanced battle like in the beta.

Also assume servers will then be way more clustered as the map will have way more people on it being bigger. All the beach is a spawning zone.

The preview/closed just seem more like a demo procured for testing mainly. The map alone looks like 10% of a map.
Yeah, there was tons of open world PVP going on in the last beta! With the PvP faction quests and the general 5% xp boost for having PvP flag enabled, I'm sure there will be a lot of open PvP going on in the world. Personally, I only flagged a handful of times in the beta because I was mostly trying to experience the game mechanics and tradeskills and stuff. Will definitely flag up more at launch.

The map will definitely be larger, whether that's at launch or soon after that. I saw video of a beta tester glitching into a desert zone on the West side of the beta-playable map that was not populated with mobs, but had regional name popups at he ran around. Clearly a zone in development and intended for release. The in-game map also showed a lot of northern areas with roads that just lead off into grey areas, likely where the map will continue expansion.
Old 08-30-2021, 10:29 AM
Banned

so i saw this add 2day the red words are not mine it was in the adds animation lol

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

sorry OP new world is gonna be a great brainsync that destroys noahs new age army, much like minecrat, but those kids will be raptured into amazons new world and have great lives in simcraft

Old 08-30-2021, 06:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so i saw this add 2day the red words are not mine it was in the adds animation lol

sorry OP new world is gonna be a great brainsync that destroys noahs new age army, much like minecrat, but those kids will be raptured into amazons new world and have great lives in simcraft

Seek help
Old 08-30-2021, 11:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Go derail some other thread with your nonsense posts
Old 08-30-2021, 11:43 PM
Banned

I worry it will suffer a guildwars 2 fate and endup FTP for Prime members or something.

Combat looks very floating and most likely to be playing with a controller.

4 person dungeon relaxed dungeon crawling might be fun?

Ill probably wait for FTP
Old 08-30-2021, 11:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphys [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I worry it will suffer a guildwars 2 fate and endup FTP for Prime members or something.

Combat looks very floating and most likely to be playing with a controller.

4 person dungeon relaxed dungeon crawling might be fun?

Ill probably wait for FTP
Lol, Amazon Prime integration is something I could totally see them doing, sadly. There is already Twitch integration. Twitch streamers can enable guild invites that viewers from the Twitch website can use to join their guild in-game.

Controller would suit this game's action combat quite well I think. I'm pretty much exclusively a keyboard and mouse MMO player, but I'd consider buying a controller for this.

I did only the first dungeon in beta. It was fun, but the boss mechanics were simple (first dungeons usually are).
Old 08-31-2021, 12:06 AM
Banned

You know I watched a lot of gameplay videos and read a bit about the gameplay and I really think this would be a blast to play through with a dedicated group. Very relaxed, but I think that will work in it's favor overall because you are much more likely to fire it up on the sofa, use modern matchmaking and voice chat and play a few hours than to fire up PC and sit down to play without tabbing out every few minutes to shitpost.
Old 08-31-2021, 12:08 AM
Fire Giant

https://www.newworld.com/en-us/news/...ld-information

All those streamers are apparently getting 100 keys each or something.. They had a mess up in deciding the winner so they just made everyone winners. So if you want a free one, find the lowest viewed steamer and on release they should get the keys and give them to their communities.

Also, it may sound a bit obvious but watching this game and playing it was a very different experience. I distinctly remember how surprised I was by the feel of the combat after I bought it, wasn't expecting too much after watching.. Looked like just more GW2 combat, but it turned out really smooth and felt more like a Dark Souls single player than a MMORPG combat wise.
Old 08-31-2021, 12:12 AM
Banned

So your gonna bag and post keys in exchange for the location of the Kelethin brothel?[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-31-2021, 12:47 AM
Planar Protector

Haha, I didn't even know the streamer contest was a thing.

I just remembered a super cool PvP feature that impressed me in a beta. Crouching (reduces range players can see your nameplate) and going prone (further reduces range to like 5 meters unless someone mouses over you directly) being functionally useful was such a cool concept.

Saw a video on reddit of a group of like 5 or 6 ice gauntlet users prone in the bushes along a road as a 20-30 person squad rolled past. They jumped out and aoe'd like 3/4 of them down before dying. Super useful mechanic for ambushing high-traffic areas as well as an excape mechanism in high-foliage areas.