Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2021, 08:37 AM
Planar Protector

Imagine telling people playing on an 11 year old emulated server that they didn't wait long enough or work hard enough to slay an imaginary dragon
Old 10-15-2021, 09:44 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Imagine telling people playing on an 11 year old emulated server that they didn't wait long enough or work hard enough to slay an imaginary dragon
Seriously...

I don't understand how you can watch these videos and come away thinking "they didn't 'work' for" their kill.

Congratulations to TSS for such a clean raid kill. It was fun to watch and hear all the excitement in voice chat!
Old 10-15-2021, 02:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantagarBrax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what a slap in the face to those waiting years putting in the time and sacrifices necessary.

I'm happy TSS got the kill yet I'm sad this server has turned into handouts without truly working for it.
The thing is, TSS started as a guild of a few friends. Everything we have done WE earned. We did not inherit previous YEARS of other people hard work. We did not use other guilds loot/rules/policies. We did not follow a generic Vulak raid plan. When times were tuff we didnt merge/reform.

We created our raid force with our own time and work. Every bot that TSS uses were bots created BY TSS members FOR TSS members. We created and worked on our own, server wide unique loot policy. We worked on anything we have ever needed to progress. We use our own practice server. We create our own raid plans. We always have been, and always will be, The Second Sons. Where friendship and pride come first. I have been leading this guild and working on progressing for over 5 years. We have, on our own accord and terms defeated solo almost every encounter in the game. Luckily we have a few more to look forward too, and only our selves to thank for it.

There is a reason why our discord sounded like that after the kill, and it had nothing to do with the loot. Everything to do with a large group of friends, playing the game on their own terms, in their own way. 5 years under one leader, with one plan, if you think that doesn't count as working for it well have to just disagree.

Maybe you just don't understand the effort, time, and commitment it takes to create/run/manage a guild on p99 that starts from scratch.

Thanks for all the grats [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Cheers
[57 Ranger] Breeann (Wood-Elf) <The Second Sons>
[40 Enchanter] Mellisandra (Human) <The Second Sons>
Old 10-15-2021, 02:23 PM
Sarnak

Any chance you guys are recruiting? Awesome kill!
Huddaan <The Second Sons>
An army of alts <The Second Sons>
Old 10-15-2021, 03:13 PM
Sarnak

We are always recruiting [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Find us in game and ask for an officer.
[57 Ranger] Breeann (Wood-Elf) <The Second Sons>
[40 Enchanter] Mellisandra (Human) <The Second Sons>
Old 10-15-2021, 03:57 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantagarBrax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First and foremost Congrats on the kill and well done, sincerely.

Secondly, no pun intended and not directed towards TSS in any way, what a slap in the face to those waiting years putting in the time and sacrifices necessary.

I'm happy TSS got the kill yet I'm sad this server has turned into handouts without truly working for it.
Maybe you should take a break and reevaluate whats important in your life.
Ielwenu - 56 magician
Deeloofie - 49 monk
Old 10-15-2021, 03:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
First and foremost Congrats on the kill and well done, sincerely.

Secondly, no pun intended and not directed towards TSS in any way, what a slap in the face to those waiting years putting in the time and sacrifices necessary.

sorry you dont have full BIS yet

hope this helps
Old 10-16-2021, 04:12 AM
Banned

I didn't mean to sidetrack the thread and I do apologize. I'm happy TSS had an opportunity to win a great achievement.

I simply meant when any achievement in EQ is trivialized, it diminishes the achievements of everyone else who put in the time and effort..it's not even about raid loot or targets by themselves, it's about all achievements.

Don't trivialize EQ.

If we start to trivialize content, then I believe it takes away something from everyone.

Cheers
Old 10-16-2021, 07:23 AM
Planar Protector

If we start to trivialize content? SoulFires on every single raid member, circle push interrupting dragons, etc. Doubtful TSS thinks those previous low effort kills somehow diminish their recent achievement, but they have a better argument to make there than the one you're making.
Old 10-16-2021, 10:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I didn't mean to sidetrack the thread and I do apologize. I'm happy TSS had an opportunity to win a great achievement.

I simply meant when any achievement in EQ is trivialized, it diminishes the achievements of everyone else who put in the time and effort..it's not even about raid loot or targets by themselves, it's about all achievements.

Don't trivialize EQ.

If we start to trivialize content, then I believe it takes away something from everyone.

Cheers
Were you in Rampage? If not we trivialized it for you , hope that helps. Consider not being a dick.
Closed Thread