Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 01:00 AM
Aviak

To all the people complaining about it, why are you even here on Project 1999?

If you have any glimpse of liking for Classic Everquest, how could you want nothing but for this project to succeed 100%. Thank you to the Project 1999 team. Thank you to the Pantheon team aka Verant. Classic Community: band together for a shared vision or band for nothing.

EQ Next is SOE's Next.

Pantheon is Verant's Next.

Take your pick.
Old 02-06-2014, 01:37 AM
Banned

Which one should I pick if I don't know what you mean by "glimpse of liking", "want nothing but for" and "band for nothing"? Did google translate this for you?
Old 02-06-2014, 02:29 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayso [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Which one should I pick if I don't know what you mean by "glimpse of liking", "want nothing but for" and "band for nothing"? Did google translate this for you?
Classy response... english might not be his first language.
Old 02-06-2014, 02:37 AM
Planar Protector

really interested to know how much if any of brads personal wealth has gone into backing this
Old 02-06-2014, 10:52 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooj
"Because SOE will swoop in and save the day again"

SOE won't save anything. They will try to destroy the vision once again with Pantheon as they did with Vanguard. They don't want anything Verant related to succeed because a Classic play style does not fit their corporate agenda.

Wake up people.

Corporations only care about money. No more bullying from SOE. I really think Brad may be able to get funding this time from the true followers of Classic Everquest.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:14 AM
Fire Giant

Everquest, as said before, is/was a fluke. Its inception was more rooted in passion for their idea than making money. They didn't get paid well and slept at the desk from what I've heard......

Now it seems to be delicate balance between being able to bring your project to the public or it never seeing the light of day. Kickstarter will only get it so far. After that we'll see what influence the big money brings. If it ever comes.
Old 02-06-2014, 12:17 PM
Banned

EverQuest was a fluke but those ideas were created and exist. Brad and company are going to do their best to implement them again (multi-css class, open world, pull mechanics), and try to make things new and fun rather than just a Pantheon themed EQ re-skin.

Go buy Mists of Pandaria and tell me you didn't wish you donated to this instead, whatever it becomes.

I'll gladly accept your opinion one way or the other.
Old 02-06-2014, 01:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamz4l [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
kickstarter only takes amazon? amazon only takes US citizens?
I think I figured out how.. i'll donate tonight
Old 02-06-2014, 02:07 PM
Sarnak

As much as I want this game to happen, I am looking at how the cash support is slowing down, with only 16-15 days left. I fear we wont hit the 800,000. Will he just present this game to a big company if he can't do it with fan support?
Old 02-06-2014, 02:37 PM
Sarnak

When will we get the rewards?
Closed Thread