Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2019, 12:06 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone and their mother has a pair of hollogresh elder beads lol

Not one person that wanted 1+ pair didn't get them LOL

Stop freaking out people. You will get a manastone and a guise.
How long will both manastone and guise be available based on the original timeline? I can confirm holgresh beads were not perma-camped after a while despite everyone's prognostications they would be.
Old 08-28-2019, 05:36 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rang [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
necros maybe decent because you have half of lguk available for charming so you can do fbss / smr / yak camps pretty easy and can basically semi afk farm some lower lvl stuff. The obvious answer is enchanter is best for moneymaking. No other classic class will be able to solo efreeti outside ench. Enchanter can:
solo efreeti
solo both live and dead sides guk (fbss, yak, smr, crown of frog kings, plat tiara)
can do seafuries efficiently (if they arent nerfed)
can duo/trio tranix
can also easily keep guise / manastone camps locked up

so yeah - lguk and sol b will yield the most items that will sell
I think the server would <Riot> if you had enchanters and necros holding down some of the only high level exp camps (in vanilla) solo. People are going to be upset enough with groups living in camps for days without leaving, I can't even imagine if a single player tried to hold one.
Old 08-29-2019, 07:23 AM
Fire Giant

Once RMTers get their batch of guise we shall have a chance.
Old 08-29-2019, 06:08 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All of this is why Green needs to be entirely no GM interference.

If players want to train to clear out the neckbeards poopsocking Guise for 30 hours they can. If they want to bring a group and out DPS those neckbeards instead they can.

It will make for a much more classic experience without all the lists, lines and petition quest that the rules over the past 10 years have inspired here.

Let green play out and later on assess whether some rules are necessary to make the server viable. But to start off there should be no rules determining who gets the rights to a level 30 creature spawning every 15 minutes other than who got EXP.
LOL.

"Oh yeah man let's remove all GM intervention so that all the super toxic guilds can have total freedom in training non guildies so that they can hold the camp indefinitely".

Excellent strategy dude why didn't I think of that.
Old 08-29-2019, 07:37 PM
Planar Protector

So the question I have is, how do you think this is going to play out after seeing all the cordial players qued up for everything on classic WoW? Are we going to do the same? Or is it going to be a shitshow? I cant wait to find out lol
Old 08-29-2019, 11:33 PM
Fire Giant

Hard to say really. It will be really, really tough to pry some folks away from their 1000th AC corpse camp to bother. Then again, I cannot see into the soul of the helplessly trapped pixel hoarder. Do they start over with the allure of manastones, a bucket and a fresh prescription of Xanex? Or, do they stay the course and get that sweet, sweet hit of dopamine when another Hiero Cloak drops on blue?

We shall see.
Old 08-30-2019, 11:55 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canelek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hard to say really. It will be really, really tough to pry some folks away from their 1000th AC corpse camp to bother. Then again, I cannot see into the soul of the helplessly trapped pixel hoarder. Do they start over with the allure of manastones, a bucket and a fresh prescription of Xanex? Or, do they stay the course and get that sweet, sweet hit of dopamine when another Hiero Cloak drops on blue?

We shall see.
At the very least, I hope they bar players from being logged in to both servers simultaneously. Preventing players from being able to hold a camp on green and blue at the same time seems like a reasonable ask.
Old 08-30-2019, 06:34 PM
Planar Protector

Is it really worth hoarding play on green when no one even has anything to sell?
Old 08-30-2019, 06:47 PM
Planar Protector

I think its mathematical. (this is some garage math so don't sign anything)

lets take the player base, say its around 800 peak/downtime average

take the timeline (1 year) until expansion.

figure out the possible average plat generated per day (after subtracting plat destroyed)... idk what could that be, 90(ish?) zones (in classic eq) um, lets say 100 plat average per zone being generated, so thats 900 plat per day?

times 365

*punches numbers on calculator on desk made of phone books in his hoder basement*

328,500 plat generated in 1 year of everquest.

So, take all that, spread it out among an 800 average players, That leaves everyone with a measly 410.625 plat.....

OK!

so my math is wrong obviously that's idiotic there must be more plat generated than that..

BUT MY POINT was that..

Some of the most valuable items in classic are basically useless for the most part after kunark (save the dragon ones) so plat is really the best way for anyone to have a leg up on the economy once Kunark drops. The best weapons and armor, all get dwarfed so, hording those wont be of much use come kunark...

You know what, really, screw all this... its probubly, whoever has the most manastones that is going to win.

so hold onto your butts that's gonna be a fun camp lol
Old 08-30-2019, 07:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You know what, really, screw all this... its probubly, whoever has the most manastones that is going to win.

if thats winning sign me up for the special olympics because im feeling like a winner already.