Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2019, 02:29 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If someone did let their corpse rot back then (instead of petitioning a GM for a retrieval) I think it was gone for good.
As a 20 something rogue back in Original EQ, I fell off the boat in OOT (after taking a long time zoning, spawned behind the boat and fell in the water). After swimming around a bit, was eventually killed by a shark. Was unable to recover corpse, had no idea about Locate Corpse spells and all that.
Eventually petitioned, a GM appeared and handed me 3 NODROP backpacks filled with NODROP basic leather gear and some lowbie piercer weapon (also NODROP). Pretty sure they did not summon corpses for you.
Old 09-09-2019, 03:21 PM
Planar Protector

They totally did NOT summon corpses for you and certainly didn't restore rotten corpses.

That's why you avoided letting your corpse rot. Having a high level geared corpse rot did happen (rarely), and the gear was lost forever. I think usually it probably usually happened for some "external" reasons. For example, dad rage ripping power cord out and removing the PC from player's room.

Now that would be classic. I never understood why the corpses were restored on-demand, here.
Old 09-09-2019, 03:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They totally did NOT summon corpses for you and certainly didn't restore rotten corpses.

That's why you avoided letting your corpse rot. Having a high level geared corpse rot did happen (rarely), and the gear was lost forever. I think usually it probably usually happened for some "external" reasons. For example, dad rage ripping power cord out and removing the PC from player's room.

Now that would be classic. I never understood why the corpses were restored on-demand, here.
#Preach
Old 09-09-2019, 03:28 PM
Kobold

I still have red wood wands with 144 charges do sumfin
Old 09-09-2019, 03:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PieOats [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
between presses of "wasdspace"
...crossing your mouse hand over your key hand to tap space to jump.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-09-2019, 05:50 PM
Sarnak

earth staff just plummeted in price because mages are giant crybabies. OP is clearly an earth staff RMTer whos livelihood was ruined by the patch.
Old 09-09-2019, 06:38 PM
Fire Giant

We demand the classic experience! We demand to pay a monthly subscription fee!
Old 09-09-2019, 06:39 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by skateosiris89 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We demand the classic experience! We demand to pay a monthly subscription fee!
I'd pay a monthly fee if it brought my UI back.
Old 09-09-2019, 07:01 PM
Kobold

I hope the make green server as classic as possible. Even the horrendous original UI and having to look at spellbook to med.

However, I also hope when the green server comes out they revert the UI changes on blue and maybe bring back non-classic quality of life things like buff timers.
Old 09-09-2019, 07:08 PM
Planar Protector

F1 F1 so hard.
Closed Thread