Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: Before vs. after the merge, which was more fun you for you?
Pre-merge I had more fun 180 60.81%
Post-merge I'm having more fun 29 9.80%
I had roughly the same amount of fun before/after 54 18.24%
Bush merged the towers into the ground 33 11.15%
Voters: 296. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2020, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

Asking people to listen is a little different than telling them to shut up ... but yeah, that is what I'm doing.

But you still never answered my question: what was the point of your post? You convinced NO ONE with it. You educated NO ONE. You made NO ONE feel better, or happier, or more positive in any way. As far as I can tell, it didn't even bring you any joy.

So then WHY did you make it? I'm not telling you to shut up, I'm just asking you to use your brain and consider why you did something.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-08-2020, 04:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Asking people to listen is a little different than telling them to shut up ... but yeah, that is what I'm doing.

But you still never answered my question: what was the point of your post? You convinced NO ONE with it. You educated NO ONE. You made NO ONE feel better, or happier, or more positive in any way. As far as I can tell, it didn't even bring you any joy.

So then WHY did you make it? I'm not telling you to shut up, I'm just asking you to use your brain and consider why you did something.
Lol why on earth do you care so much
Old 02-08-2020, 05:24 PM
Planar Protector

To me, that sounds like you're asking (in your "answering my question with another question to avoid admitting what I'm trying to get you to admit" response) ... "why are you bothering to listen to and engage with this person who seems to have no interest in listening to or engaging with anyone else?"

And I'd answer that with: "because you're smart and I often respect what you write, so I genuinely believe you are capable of better."

We can all be bad at listening sometimes, and this forum truly amplifies it, which is why I have to fight just to have one thread out of eight trillion where people actually listen to each other instead of talking at/past each other.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 02-08-2020 at 05:32 PM..
Old 02-08-2020, 06:18 PM
Planar Protector

Kudos Loramin for Bush option.
Old 02-09-2020, 03:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by astuce999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They create an atmosphere and context where only the min-maxing/neckbeard mentality can thrive. Anyone who dares to propose an alternate approach to playing EQ is flamed/trolled/rules-lawyered.

They see EQ as a King-of-the-Hill game; it's only fun if they're on top and keeping other people down.

We like to play EQ for the content, and we feel that p99's classic EQ is an amazing recreation of that content, unmatched anywhere. We feel that classic EQ was already time-consuming enough in the way it was designed, and on a fresh server with no twinks it was actually a lot of fun to tackle on that level-appropriate content on Teal.

Most of the trolls on this thread (and threads like this) who keep talking about going off the beaten path and creating your own groups and how they went to so-and-so zone and had no issue are all hypocrites who already have at least 1 minmax toon guised/manastoned/fullrubied.

On Teal's last night, it was a Saturday night and I was in a full group in the CY in Mistmoore. There were other groups camping CE, GY and the pond. 2-3 people were at the zone in with the lfg tag up. It was close to 30 people in zone total (or completely dead and in dire need of a merge according to the forum trolls).

Over the course of almost 3 hours (I was lucky the wife was out of town and had a lot of time to play), we were killing and having conversations and laughing, we also had a ranger so lots of ranger jokes, and we were able to get lucky and get some of the nameds. We killed Dhamph 2-3 times, Lasna once, Xicotl once (single pulled with a charmed garg taking the HT, it was beautiful), and Garton once too. An HBC and a diamondine earring dropped. The ranger got the earring, and one of the druids won the cloak. I walked away with less than a yellow of xp (lvl 40 hell and bard) and zero loot.

It was probably the most fun I had on EQ in years, and I remember telling the group how much I loved Teal and how perfect it was and how much that group was fun and how they were all on my friend list now and how I couldn't wait to play again.

So the next day Teal was gone. When I logged into MM, there were only a dozen people in zone. There was a trio at pond, a duo at GY, a lvl 50 mage camping dhamp, a lvl 50 chanter camping lasna/xicotl, a lvl 49 necro camping princess, and 2-3 other people /anon not responding to CC's or /tells.

I logged off and haven't logged back in since that day. I keep lurking the forums and I see the steady decline in population since the merge... like a fire slowly but surely consuming itself and becoming less and less bright.

I know it's going to be near-impossible for a min-maxer to understand how someone can have fun without winning any pixels, and then will jump at the chance to point out that when the pixels were no longer available to win I didn't want to play anymore so it must have been only about the pixels...

(this is already too long, sorry)

cheers,

Astuce
Thank you for the detailed explanation. I can now see your point of view and understand it a lot more. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] You're definitely going to run into more min/max crowd and high level people soloing/duoing cash camps more than you did pre-merge.

That said, I think all the decent/good people whom aren't having nearly as much or ANY fun post-merge should come back (only if they quit playing of course) and play after Kunark release to get a much better chance at camping their favourite dungeons and item camps like they did pre-merge Green/Teal99. I can easily say this because I know there are lots of players whom want to actually loot most of their upgrades and not have to buy very many or any in Tunnelquest, even though EC tunnel has always been a huge deal in EQ.

Personally, I stopped playing a little before the merge because I was mostly playing with a good friend and then we stopped playing shortly before the merge. It can be difficult for me to make new friends often or I'm just being lazy about it or uninterested in classic EQ sans already-existing friends to play with. If I get the classic EQ itch again though, I'll probably try to make some friend(s) somewhere to play with or look for a fun guild that meshes w my personality. I just can't handle this type of game w/o at least 1 close friend or lover to play with.

I voted Towers because I'm not qualified to honestly answer the poll question.
Last edited by Asteria; 02-09-2020 at 04:08 AM..
Old 02-09-2020, 04:09 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're missing the point as much as anyone, Lor. Nobody is saying "you should have as much fun on green as you did on teal." They're saying "stop arguing for the staff to change their project to cater to your interests with lies and exaggerations and personal wishes."

If someone went and found / count all data from classic era that showed we have 5x as many level 40-50s at this point as they did on live, found as little as a few anecdotes of people regularly grouping on live in zones like kerra isle and runnyeye and zones like uguk and highkeep only having 15-20 people in them, crap like that? I would support having green AND teal as a "more classic" option. But nobody even tries to do that because they want what they want and they don't care what anyone else thinks, even if it's the people who do all the work here and graciously let us tag along for the ride. They'd rather bitch and moan or do nothing than put any actual thought or effort into swaying the people in charge.
Traveling to Kerra isle is one of my fondest memories as a kid in eq. Somehow I convinced others to go with me too, not sure how. Ran all the way from ec though
Old 02-09-2020, 04:28 AM
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natewest1987 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Traveling to Kerra isle is one of my fondest memories as a kid in eq. Somehow I convinced others to go with me too, not sure how. Ran all the way from ec though
Sounds like a fun journey for sure with some friends when the 3D world was all so magical, big, and unknown to us. Thanks for sharing mate. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-09-2020, 11:48 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nilbog has apparently said in the past that he doesn’t care if like everyone leaves the server. He’s here to create classic EQ. Not pay for multiple servers to essentially create instancing so you can farm valuable drops on your Shaman lol. Like I said, plenty of servers have what you’re looking for so I’m not sure why you would play on this one when it doesn’t.
Could you share the link where Nilbog states wanting to recreate classic EQ but doesn’t care if zero people play it.
Old 02-09-2020, 12:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfalcon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Could you share the link where Nilbog states wanting to recreate classic EQ but doesn’t care if zero people play it.
Go look at Tecmos’s signature it has the quote right there
Old 02-09-2020, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfalcon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
v
Closed Thread