Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2019, 04:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by glencastle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
someone is going to die while waiting at this camp. Every day that dev's do nothing to adjust the list system, they are condoning the type of activities that one must endure to get a manastone (30+ hours of sedentary with limited AFKs inbetween).

There has to be a better way
The devs aren’t condoning anything. Just because you’re dumb enough to threaten your own health and stay up 50+ hours in a row for an item on an emulated server of a 20 year old game when that item is barely useful once Kunark hits, doesn’t mean the deva condone your idiocy.

It would be stupid of me to drink a fifth of liquor when I have work the next day but I don’t blame the distillery when I’m hungover because I chose to be an idiot
Old 11-12-2019, 04:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The devs aren’t condoning anything. Just because you’re dumb enough to threaten your own health and stay up 50+ hours in a row for an item on an emulated server of a 20 year old game when that item is barely useful once Kunark hits, doesn’t mean the deva condone your idiocy.

It would be stupid of me to drink a fifth of liquor when I have work the next day but I don’t blame the distillery when I’m hungover because I chose to be an idiot
Kind of flawed logic here, they aren't actively encouraging people to display this behavior, but by having the current system they are in a way condoning it.

By allowing players who log off or go LD 15 minutes to return, it opens the door for people to account share, by allowing account sharing it means that people who would normally log out and leave the list after 16 or 24 hours, will just have someone log on their account and they never leave the list. So now people will rarely leave the list, they will just account share which will increase the overall amount of time spent listing for everyone. So if you don't want to account share, which is something P99 staff has recommended you don't do in the past, the current system is basically telling you to either risk your health or get fucked.

It's easy to say people shouldn't stay awake for 48+ hours at a time sitting at Manastone camp, it's obvious that we should say that, and there is nothing wrong with saying that, but it's also important that we acknowledge there are some serious problems with the current system.
Old 11-12-2019, 05:08 PM
Aviak

would you prefer they use the classic ruleset of whoever first claimed the camp and never left passing the camp back and forth between friends over the current list system?

again complaining you need to work with friends in an online game to accomplish goals, pathetic
Old 11-12-2019, 05:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endonde [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kind of flawed logic here, they aren't actively encouraging people to display this behavior, but by having the current system they are in a way condoning it.

By allowing players who log off or go LD 15 minutes to return, it opens the door for people to account share, by allowing account sharing it means that people who would normally log out and leave the list after 16 or 24 hours, will just have someone log on their account and they never leave the list. So now people will rarely leave the list, they will just account share which will increase the overall amount of time spent listing for everyone. So if you don't want to account share, which is something P99 staff has recommended you don't do in the past, the current system is basically telling you to either risk your health or get fucked.

It's easy to say people shouldn't stay awake for 48+ hours at a time sitting at Manastone camp, it's obvious that we should say that, and there is nothing wrong with saying that, but it's also important that we acknowledge there are some serious problems with the current system.
Bingo. The system created facilitates this kind of playing.

You cannot leave your computer to shower / eat / cook / whatever without risking losing 50+ hours of work. The only way you can do those things is to account share.

Basically the reduced droprate, AFK check, and LD recovery have created the perfect storm for crazy ridiculous windows.

I've done 10+ pained souls, tracked entire windows, done instant coth races, you name it. Nothing compares to this camp.
Old 11-12-2019, 05:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilgart112 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
again complaining you need to work with friends in an online game to accomplish goals, pathetic

Account sharing != playing with friends. When I group I play with friends. When I account share, I'm not playing with them, I'm asking them to do me a favor of 4 hours of work so I can nap.
Old 11-12-2019, 05:18 PM
Aviak

god close this thread, this crying and whining is so gross
Old 11-12-2019, 05:19 PM
Aviak

i feel so bad for rogean, dude if youre reading this everything is working great, just relax and enjoy yourself. everything working great and as intended. You doin a fine job boss
Old 11-12-2019, 05:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by baakss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bingo. The system created facilitates this kind of playing.

You cannot leave your computer to shower / eat / cook / whatever without risking losing 50+ hours of work. The only way you can do those things is to account share.

Basically the reduced droprate, AFK check, and LD recovery have created the perfect storm for crazy ridiculous windows.

I've done 10+ pained souls, tracked entire windows, done instant coth races, you name it. Nothing compares to this camp.
Blaming the devs for the player being an idiot and spending 50+ hours trying to get a somewhat pointless item on an emulated server of a 20 year old game might be one of the dumbest things I’ve heard in awhile.
Old 11-12-2019, 05:21 PM
Sarnak

Just imagine how hard people would be crying and whining without the list system. There'd be a name and shame thread every other day for the 'monsters' who held the camp without giving it up.
Old 11-12-2019, 05:22 PM
Fire Giant

lock a player out from the list for like idk 30 days if they've already looted a manastone?

the Salt King <Ironborn>
Closed Thread