Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2022, 06:06 PM
Banned

I am just reading reviews of the conservative-only dating site, The Right Stuff, not at all caring if they're real

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-05-2022, 06:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's literally all there in both graphs

This is voting that has already happened

Sorry you can't read good

So you claimed to be 'locked and loaded"

Where is it
Oh you already had it, it's Media Matters

Thanks for playing
Old 10-05-2022, 06:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh you already had it, it's Media Matters

Thanks for playing
Basanos just triggered and time wasting

Media Matters ... lol
Old 10-05-2022, 06:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am just reading reviews of the conservative-only dating site, The Right Stuff, not at all caring if they're real
There’s a decent amount of conservative women I’ve seen on bumble and match. How do I know? A lot of them will have it right there in their bio

I personally think it’s stupid to put your political leanings in your bio, just like it’s stupid to do it as a private company. Your goal with your profile is to market yourself, and by putting political opinions there you immediately cut ~50% of your potential matches before they’ve ever met you

Maybe you could change their mind on their politics? Maybe you aren’t as different as you thought? It’s hard enough for most people who are below a 7 attractiveness to get people to message them already, no reason to shoot yourself in the foot and make it even harder but cutting 50% of those out

Edit: I also think it’s a bad idea to be negative about literally anything in your bio. “I don’t like players. Don’t play games with me!” That’s not going to stop any actual players, but it will make you seem moody and high maintenance to non-players. I think the only thing it is acceptable to be negative about IS dating sites, surprisingly. It’s not worthwhile to be negative about anything else that people already have a negative opinion about. “I don’t want murderers. Don’t murder me!” Yeah….obviously. I think negativity is always going to come across as unnecessary and off-putting
Last edited by unsunghero; 10-05-2022 at 06:20 PM..
Old 10-05-2022, 06:18 PM
Banned

The psycho leftist women tell you straight up, it's actually fairly helpful.
Old 10-05-2022, 06:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The psycho leftist women tell you straight up, it's actually fairly helpful.
In a bio yes, I have yet to be on a first date where politics came up. Sometimes I can get an idea of someone’s political leanings, but if they were to stray into talk about politics, I’ll shift the conversation another direction

It might be just me, but certain things I don’t think are appropriate for a first date, and that’s one of them. I know someone who takes a hard line on politics might say “well may as well get it out right away so I don’t waste my fuuuuucking time!” Ok if that’s a deal-breaker for you than put it in your bio, and have fun with your no messages [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-05-2022, 06:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There’s a decent amount of conservative women I’ve seen on bumble and match. How do I know? A lot of them will have it right there in their bio

I personally think it’s stupid to put your political leanings in your bio, just like it’s stupid to do it as a private company. Your goal with your profile is to market yourself, and by putting political opinions there you immediately cut ~50% of your potential matches before they’ve ever met you

Maybe you could change their mind on their politics? Maybe you aren’t as different as you thought? It’s hard enough for most people who are below a 7 attractiveness to get people to message them already, no reason to shoot yourself in the foot and make it even harder but cutting 50% of those out
I can see how it would save everyone time. Online dating does sound frustrating. I always think of www.creditscoredating.com as a particularly bleak example.

Back in ancient times on Okcupid I started my profile with “You could do worse!” and that seemed to work well for the type of chicks I was seeking. It was a real grab bag back in like 2003-2004 on a college campus.

My first wife was pretty conservative, loved Dubuque and all, but back then I was a regular liberal. Our divorce didn’t have shit to do with any politics, though.
Old 10-05-2022, 06:28 PM
Banned

My dad loves to tell me stories about his experiences with online dating at 71 years old. He would probably also see it as helpful to just display your politics in an obvious way.
Old 10-05-2022, 06:35 PM
Planar Protector

online dating for a 71 year old must be like grinder
Old 10-05-2022, 06:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
I can see how it would save everyone time. Online dating does sound frustrating. I always think of www.creditscoredating.com as a particularly bleak example.

Back in ancient times on Okcupid I started my profile with “You could do worse!” and that seemed to work well for the type of chicks I was seeking. It was a real grab bag back in like 2003-2004 on a college campus.

My first wife was pretty conservative, loved Dubuque and all, but back then I was a regular liberal. Our divorce didn’t have shit to do with any politics, though.
Yeah, it’s best to be up-beat and funny in your profile. I remember seeing an ugly girl who had a profile heading of “please don’t murder me” and I found it so absurdly funny I had to message her and tell her I liked it

I used to have a header of “do dating sites make us all super picky?” And I frequently would get people wanting to say “yes!” to me as their first message

I’ve also had in a different profile body “this is for the site editors because I know they’re the only ones who actually read this” which got some laughs too

Upbeat, funny, short. No life story, no lists of what you don’t want “I don’t want cheaters, I don’t want assholes, I don’t want guys who aren’t over their ex” ugh, I cringe away from my phone just thinking of reading those profiles

Guys screw up their profiles by doing mirror selfies and not having a pic of them doing something social with other people. You make a profile with 2 mirror selfies and no social pics, all the girls are going to think you are a social outcast weirdo. You don’t have to be a social butterfly, pics are only to get your foot in the door

I could go on all day about dating apps, I have them down to a science
Closed Thread