Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2022, 06:39 PM
Banned

I have a funny comment about that credit score dating site, but I don't want to get banned.
Old 10-05-2022, 06:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am just reading reviews of the conservative-only dating site, The Right Stuff, not at all caring if they're real

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They turned the podcast into a dating site? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-05-2022, 08:04 PM
Banned

I just realized autocorrect made "Bush" or "Dubya" into "Dubuque" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-05-2022, 08:48 PM
Planar Protector

Joe Bidens, NO shaped recovery.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/04/jolts-august-2022.html

This is def not trumps fault at this point wtf is this moron doing to this country.
Old 10-05-2022, 08:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Joe Bidens, NO shaped recovery.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/04/jolts-august-2022.html

This is def not trumps fault at this point wtf is this moron doing to this country.
Whatever his handlers tell him to
Old 10-05-2022, 08:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, it’s best to be up-beat and funny in your profile. I remember seeing an ugly girl who had a profile heading of “please don’t murder me” and I found it so absurdly funny I had to message her and tell her I liked it

I used to have a header of “do dating sites make us all super picky?” And I frequently would get people wanting to say “yes!” to me as their first message

I’ve also had in a different profile body “this is for the site editors because I know they’re the only ones who actually read this” which got some laughs too

Upbeat, funny, short. No life story, no lists of what you don’t want “I don’t want cheaters, I don’t want assholes, I don’t want guys who aren’t over their ex” ugh, I cringe away from my phone just thinking of reading those profiles

Guys screw up their profiles by doing mirror selfies and not having a pic of them doing something social with other people. You make a profile with 2 mirror selfies and no social pics, all the girls are going to think you are a social outcast weirdo. You don’t have to be a social butterfly, pics are only to get your foot in the door

I could go on all day about dating apps, I have them down to a science
You’re bald, single, and 40, correct?
Old 10-05-2022, 08:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You’re bald, single, and 40, correct?
Old 10-05-2022, 09:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No life story, no lists of what you don’t want “I don’t want cheaters, I don’t want assholes, I don’t want guys who aren’t over their ex” ugh, I cringe away from my phone just thinking of reading those profiles
Those folks are I suspect not looking for the same things you are, so perhaps the comments are doing their job, after all. Filtering out people with very different end-goals right off the bat seems like a prudent action. I get the impression, overall, that trying to find someone via online dating sites seems even worse than trying to meet somebody at someplace awful like a bar.
Old 10-05-2022, 09:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrece [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Whatever his handlers tell him to
I wonder who is really calling the shots.

We'll probably never know.
Old 10-05-2022, 09:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Those folks are I suspect not looking for the same things you are, so perhaps the comments are doing their job, after all. Filtering out people with very different end-goals right off the bat seems like a prudent action. I get the impression, overall, that trying to find someone via online dating sites seems even worse than trying to meet somebody at someplace awful like a bar.
My theory is everyone on dating sites are single for a good reason.

That's why every profile is cringy and insufferable.

It's because everyone on there are bottom of the barrel. They all seem to share the same flaw. They're way too picky.

(And yes, that includes me who has used dating sites)
Closed Thread