Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2022, 12:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
would be fatalist, if it wasn't 100% true. im sure 99% of doctors intend to heal the sick, however, 100% of pharmaceutical companies only intend to treat the sick, not heal them. it's yet another subscription model. they will sell you the treatments for your illness for the rest of your life, and they will bury the cure.

if your business model does not encourage repeat business, then you will not have any growth in your market.

this is true of any service, from medicine to auto repair, or even farmer's markets and hookers.

dating apps are not on your side, they work for themselves.
Well as someone who’s met quite a lot of people on dating apps, I can say that the majority I personally have met have not been on them a long time. Unless of course they are all lying to me out of embarrassment, that’s possible and I’m sure that’s what you will latch on to

But regardless, a lot of people have successful relationships from dating apps. Even if every single match resulted in a marriage, many marriages end in divorce, including ones not from apps, so is that the app failing or are people’s lives pretty complex?

Acting in other’s self interest can improve your own. If there were no success stories from dating apps people would not pay for them. We can agree to disagree on the success story rate
Old 10-06-2022, 01:04 AM
Banned

Oh that being said, I do not pay for or recommend paying for dating apps

I will concede that the majority of people who are paying month to month on a dating app are likely chronically single. And shit, actually he may be right that there could be an algorithm to keep those people paying
Old 10-06-2022, 02:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh that being said, I do not pay for or recommend paying for dating apps

I will concede that the majority of people who are paying month to month on a dating app are likely chronically single. And shit, actually he may be right that there could be an algorithm to keep those people paying
I assume if it was a paysite you'd only get the sluttiest men and the most objectionable women.
Old 10-06-2022, 02:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I assume if it was a paysite you'd only get the sluttiest men and the most objectionable women.
Match might make you pay no matter what, it’s been a while since I’ve been on there

I know for a fact that bumble and tinder do not make you pay month to month. They offer a way to pay to get “perks” like much more visibility for your profile. I always assumed these were a rip off because how the hell would I know if they really did anything

I’ve also never needed it. I do think for those apps they put people who are active higher up in people’s search results, so you are more likely to get matches if you check it daily versus once or twice a month. I don’t have a problem with this courtesy, because it’s not worth my time to be messaging someone who hasn’t been on in 6 months

I get a bit defensive when it comes to acting in one’s own financial self-interest because there’s a lot of that conception about mental health. People assume counselors are trying to keep people depressed and non-functional so they’ll keep needing counseling. I can’t speak for my field but I very often tell people I hope I don’t see them ever again because it will mean they are doing better, that I am trying to work myself out of a job. If I truly wanted guaranteed repeat business I’d tell people “hey have you tried using meth? You’ll totally forget about your problems for a day, come back and let me know how it goes”. “What I recommend you do is isolate from your friends and fam, put up towels over your windows, and sit in the dark thinking about how unfair the world has been to you. See you next week!”. And no I don’t recommend pharmaceuticals first ever (unless for like a complete psychotic break), I always say try the approach with no possible side effects first
Old 10-06-2022, 10:31 AM
Planar Protector

Online dating site and app success may also depend on your age. I met a wonderful woman on Match and we're still going strong, but we're also not young and knew what we were looking for. We weren't treating it as a hook-up app or a serial dating app. We both wanted to find someone that wanted a long-term relationship and eventually found each other.

Yes we had to slog through a lot of dates to get there but we found each other.
Old 10-06-2022, 10:43 AM
Banned

Unsung you have touched upon the very reason I no longer seek psychiatric help. Every experience I had with every shrink I ever saw was me talking for maybe two minutes, and they instantly whip out the prescription pad. They cycled me through a dozen drugs for a year, most of them were prescribed for off-label use. I ended up taking a shitload of xanax daily on top of the max lithium and I think it was LexaPro towards the end.

After I emerged from rehab, I never sought a shrink's help again
Old 10-06-2022, 10:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unsung you have touched upon the very reason I no longer seek psychiatric help. Every experience I had with every shrink I ever saw was me talking for maybe two minutes, and they instantly whip out the prescription pad. They cycled me through a dozen drugs for a year, most of them were prescribed for off-label use. I ended up taking a shitload of xanax daily on top of the max lithium and I think it was LexaPro towards the end.

After I emerged from rehab, I never sought a shrink's help again
The fact that you've been, period, says a lot.
Old 10-06-2022, 01:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The stronger someone tries to convince others their life choices were better, the more insecure they come across to me.
I think you're mistaking civility for some sort of weakness or insecurity. I've seen people do that before. It's understandable in today's culture.
Old 10-06-2022, 01:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think you're mistaking civility for some sort of weakness or insecurity. I've seen people do that before. It's understandable in today's culture.
It's what makes me roll my eyes when I see these dudes patting each other on the back for not getting their covid vaccines.

Like, okay, get it, or don't get it, but the constant need for the approval of others is kind of telling.
Old 10-06-2022, 01:09 PM
Planar Protector

Psychiatry is bull shit
Closed Thread