Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2019, 08:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castigate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Has there ever been a camp rule on a quest turn in?
Seems like people got played.
the alternative is "quest FTE" which is 100% mutated
Old 02-19-2019, 08:22 PM
Sarnak

Noone got played. As usual Bbeta just mad/sad/bad.

There are very few options to how to handle this mob, and i feel the best is treat him as a camp. Just like we do with Lucan, Stormfeather and probably some other things.

It's a static non roaming mob, easy to make it a camp and follow the camp rules. Like been active, been there before others, etc.

Before people ask all the moronic questions just think about it. Rolling for a 14.4h variance mob once it spawns is really the best solution? sock it with 30 other folks to lose a roll? Rolling at start is also a nice idea when most of people wont be able to be there active for 14.4h?

P99 is about socking, you like it or not. Thats what we do to get Vulak, this is what we do to get most of the gear with variance shit. shrugs.

I feel like making this a camp is best idea. Let the neckbeards who want to sock it for 3 days in a row active do it. People who can't make guild groups, take shifts, turns, idk.

Making a "list" when the moron who says he wants list is #2 on it and he knows the 2nd slot will be on a saturday that he can nerd all day feels veeery bias decision and in a month or two as moron-boy himself said,this "list" would have been trown out of the window already.

Clickfest is not possible. I did my turn in today and after turn in the goblin stay like still for a good 1-2 sec if nothing was done to him. That will trick ppl to turn in and lose the paper. There is no exp message on turn in, there is nothing to tell who got it. A GM would have to check logs everytime and reimburse the "losers" who turn in 2nd, 3rd, etc.

Camp it is. Until something better shows up or the GMs feel like they want to make a rule on this or get the variance out. If it was a no variance mob, could easy be rolled, but with 14.4h window, i don't feel this is the best idea.

I feel that this is the best solution for everyone. No reason to make extra rules, just follow the P99 rules already written about whats a camp and how to deal with it.

Anyways, stay salty mad folks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
It is not a server that allows you to just show up and press the "free loot" button, and it's not a server that rewards you for simply existing.
Last edited by RedXIII; 02-19-2019 at 08:25 PM..
Old 02-19-2019, 08:26 PM
Planar Protector

Grats Red
Old 02-19-2019, 08:44 PM
Planar Protector

Make both angry and shady goblin a 2 hour spawn then let Drusella Urn + Juggs gate off the cords.
Old 02-19-2019, 08:51 PM
Planar Protector

Should be roll on pop like the other quest mobs (scout). Want it to be like Lucan? Fine - keep all the surrounding mobs clear then.
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 02-19-2019, 08:55 PM
Fire Giant

If it's like Lucan and Stormfeather doesn't that mean anyone that can sit there for long enough to get the camp owns the camp and can sell those rights? Good way for someone needing the plat to make what I imagine would be worth at least 100k probably more.
Old 02-19-2019, 11:42 PM
Planar Protector

Angry Goblin, accurate name
Old 02-20-2019, 12:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Angry Goblin, accurate name
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 02-20-2019, 01:00 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedXIII [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Noone got played. As usual Bbeta just mad/sad/bad.

There are very few options to how to handle this mob, and i feel the best is treat him as a camp. Just like we do with Lucan, Stormfeather and probably some other things.

It's a static non roaming mob, easy to make it a camp and follow the camp rules. Like been active, been there before others, etc.

Before people ask all the moronic questions just think about it. Rolling for a 14.4h variance mob once it spawns is really the best solution? sock it with 30 other folks to lose a roll? Rolling at start is also a nice idea when most of people wont be able to be there active for 14.4h?

P99 is about socking, you like it or not. Thats what we do to get Vulak, this is what we do to get most of the gear with variance shit. shrugs.

I feel like making this a camp is best idea. Let the neckbeards who want to sock it for 3 days in a row active do it. People who can't make guild groups, take shifts, turns, idk.

Making a "list" when the moron who says he wants list is #2 on it and he knows the 2nd slot will be on a saturday that he can nerd all day feels veeery bias decision and in a month or two as moron-boy himself said,this "list" would have been trown out of the window already.

Clickfest is not possible. I did my turn in today and after turn in the goblin stay like still for a good 1-2 sec if nothing was done to him. That will trick ppl to turn in and lose the paper. There is no exp message on turn in, there is nothing to tell who got it. A GM would have to check logs everytime and reimburse the "losers" who turn in 2nd, 3rd, etc.

Camp it is. Until something better shows up or the GMs feel like they want to make a rule on this or get the variance out. If it was a no variance mob, could easy be rolled, but with 14.4h window, i don't feel this is the best idea.

I feel that this is the best solution for everyone. No reason to make extra rules, just follow the P99 rules already written about whats a camp and how to deal with it.

Anyways, stay salty mad folks.
If its going to be declared a camp, then the person camping it must keep the room skargus spawns in cleared to let others know hes active or lose the camp. Just like Lucan is now.
Old 02-20-2019, 02:13 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilkata [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If its going to be declared a camp, then the person camping it must keep the room skargus spawns in cleared to let others know hes active or lose the camp. Just like Lucan is now.
For three days?