Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2014, 02:27 AM
Kobold

Lightbulb Questions to grind

I didn't play classic EQ back in 1999 when it was happening but a friend of mine did and got me into the game after the emulation was made. I am feeling stuck at level 21, kurns tower and around the Field of Bone has few blue-ish mobs and in kurns is risky multi-agro pulls in the hallways for weak mobs, I am a 21 IKS WAR. I have armor about equivalent to Banded in benefits and I also have 2 daggers, one has a 10 AC bonus and one has a chance at an effect. Where would one suggest me to go from here, is there a better place to grind and loot for my levels? Whites somewhere? I have around 200pp if someone wants to give me a more damaging weapon, or just some cool stuff that I can actually use. Thanks for any help. I had a Jade Blade but gave it away upon taking a 4-5 month break unfortunately. Pricey? Just picking off light-blue bury's until then
Last edited by Mattius; 05-11-2014 at 03:02 AM..
Old 05-11-2014, 03:33 AM
Fire Giant

http://wiki.project1999.com/Per-Level_Hunting_Guide
Old 05-11-2014, 05:30 AM
Planar Protector

As a warrior I'd definitely look to group. If you're not comfortable leaving Kunark, head to Lake of Ill Omen and try and find a healer to partner with or a group, and hang around near the windmill/goblin fort and pick of some randoms for a few levels.

When you get to 23-25, try and either get a group in the Sarnak fort there, or head to Warslik's Woods and try and get a group at the giant fort.

Use your guild as much as possible, ask them if anyone wants to form a group in either of those places, I think HoT like that you stay on Kunark? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-11-2014, 10:57 AM
Planar Protector

Outdoor kunark path is slow as shit, but it's very safe and pretty easy to find groups. LOIO -> OT -> DL (DL is basically abandoned sans bards on this server, though, because we know about ZEMs :P).

If you're looking to make good exp with groups, try upper guk, sol a, unrest or mistmoore about 21. MM is probably the worst option as it's constantly packed, but a good upstairs group in unrest is really pretty great. It's unfortunate hide pulling is gone--it made splitting the bar room much simpler.
Closed Thread